PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Question

fishthefish89
Jul 14, 2014, 01:33 PM
Can I end up making weapons better than the ones I can find in player shops or how good to crafted weapons get exactly?

Sandmind
Jul 14, 2014, 04:35 PM
Crafting is good for making strong low level gear to power throught Hard and VH at most. It can stay relevant until you start getting higher up 10* gears.

Some lower weapon do have decent latent that allow to take advantage of crafting for decent/good damage.

Otherwise, crafting is good for making multiclass a weapon with a latent you want to use on your main class I suppose (more usefull for leveling your sub class).

Kondibon
Jul 14, 2014, 05:04 PM
Extending weapons is good to give you a cheap way to get decent gear, but it's not good for getting anything for the endgame or serious gameplay because rare weapons lose their damage variance reduction. Their max damage reaches around lower mid tier 10*s depending on the weapon, but the damage variance can be so bad that you'll be doing considerably less that most of the time. The situations I'd extend something are:

1)You need something to tide you over until you get an actually good weapon. 1-3*s are good for this because they're cheaper to extend/grind/etc. and have roughly the same stats as extended rares anyway.

2) A weapon has a latent that's REALLY important to your build and there's either no stronger alternative or you don't have said stronger alternative yet.

3) You just really REALLY like the way it looks. Some people will get mad at you for that though.

4) Making something multi-class. I don't reccommend this for any mid/high end rares , unless, again, they have a latent that's important to your build.

fishthefish89
Jul 15, 2014, 12:00 PM
Oh okay makes sense. My main class is level 42 so I was wondering if I should bother with crafting at the moment. I am in VH so it sounds like I really dont need to bother with it right now while I am leveling my first class to 70.

Sandmind
Jul 15, 2014, 02:19 PM
Well, at lv42, an EX lv1 1-3* can still get similar max atk to a regular 9* you can equip or more. I remember a random 2* bullet bow EX lv1 +10 having between 600 to 700 Ratk and those are dirt cheap to make. And you need to think about leveling your sub also, no need to speed level it, but getting enough level to take advantage of it's core skills you want at least. But speed leveling the sub can wait until lv50, when you get access to SH CO exp from Hans, Revelle, Kressida and some others that can be stacked by areas.

Kondibon
Jul 15, 2014, 03:19 PM
While you're lower leveled is actually the best time to take advantage of extending, since you might not even be able to equip good weapons yet. Extended weapons (except braver weapons because lol dex) have relatively low requirements compared to their max damage. A ingle set of extended gear can carry you all the way to SH so you don't have to worry about grinding rares as you level (which is more expensive than it needs to be), or using crappy normal commons.