PDA

View Full Version : How does my premise for a PSO fan-fic sound?

noob-of-fury
Apr 17, 2003, 01:43 AM
I plan on writing a massive fan-fic for PS and wanted to know what you guys thought of my idea... here it goes.

The Hunters Guild has just been founded on an unknown (haven't named it) planet and it's already getting lots of jobs, most of which ask for a specific hunter. Falz. He is the best there is and so is his team, they could make even the hardest of challenges seem like a cake walk. Falz himself is a jack of all trades (force hunter and ranger all in one). One day they get a summon from the guild... A threat to the very universe has appeared on their planet. It has wiped out whole cities and populations in less then a blink of an eye. It was like a legend that Falz had once heard, The legend of the Profound Darkness. He accepts the job.

I hope it sounds good to you guys here at the forums. What this fan-fic will show is what Falz was before he was just an entity that seeks the perfect body. It will show his skills and his spiral into the darkness. Good?

noob-of-fury
Apr 17, 2003, 01:55 AM
Whoops this went on the wrong forum... oh well it's in the right place now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: noob-of-fury on 2003-04-17 00:11 ]</font>

IceBlink
Apr 17, 2003, 02:13 PM
When you write, you should always write for yourself, never to please others. That is one of the essential rules of writing a good story. o_O

Concept seems okay, since nobody has done this before. However, pay attention to grammar and paragraphs. Plus, try not to have too many author notes inserted everywhere. ^_^

Yoda86
Apr 17, 2003, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. I like the fact that someone is making a story about how Dark Falz became.

Kupi
Apr 17, 2003, 10:04 PM
Er... the only problem that I could see with that (though alternate continuity is ALWAYS an option in fanfic writing) is that Falz was never a person. Falz is a piece of the Profound Darkness. It's as much of the essence of PD as could escape at any one given time. But, like I said, alternate continuity could work, and it'd be original...

Yoda86
Apr 18, 2003, 11:16 AM
Yea I also was thinking about this and thought that Dark Falz occupied the body of Red Ring Rico (since she flies out of him in the end). Perhaps you could redo your premise.

noob-of-fury
Apr 18, 2003, 05:43 PM
What I was kinda going for was this... Falz was someone who ended challenging the Profound Darkness long long ago. He ended up being able to seal it away but at the cost of his soul. The darkness will end up basically posessing him and he will become part of it. They will be sealed away for a long period of time before PS1 occurs.

CakeMan
Apr 18, 2003, 06:01 PM
it sounds too easy for falz, and it's weird to see a story start out with a whole crew, but who knows it might turn out good.