PDA

View Full Version : No background, how to fix?

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 04:49 PM
http://puu.sh/aeqRO/6a009c6f64.jpg

What.

Happens every time I log in.

Lostbob117
Jul 16, 2014, 04:54 PM
Try repairing your client. Also try to come up with better titles for a thread next time.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
Lol is that your reaction face on the left?

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
Try repairing your client. Also try to come up with better titles for a thread next time.

Didn't help. :c

Lol is that your reaction face on the left?

Wasn't intentional, but yeah it kinda is.

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 04:59 PM
Didn't help. :c

try removing all the patches if any/if you added them after repairing the files to test again.

EvilMag
Jul 16, 2014, 05:00 PM
Is this the Realm of Darkness?

DeificEpyon
Jul 16, 2014, 05:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7O8h4sn.png

Moocast
Jul 16, 2014, 05:04 PM
Welcome to Error Lobby: The Place of Nightmares

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 05:06 PM
try removing all the patches if any/if you added them after repairing the files to test again.

Removing the patches was the first thing I did, before repairing the client. No dice.

Is this the Realm of Darkness?

Apparently. o 3o

Has no floor, and very few textures, too!

http://i.imgur.com/7O8h4sn.png

My name is Error!

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 05:06 PM
is that a new EQ?

There is always the dreaded re-install *dun dun dun*

have you tried simple things like restarting your computer, sometimes that fixes problems!

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 05:08 PM
is that a new EQ?

There is always the dreaded re-install *dun dun dun*

have you tried simple things like restarting your computer, sometimes that fixes problems!

Hue, "Error Quest"

I've restarted twice.

Trying to avoid the install. My external HDD with the client download on it broke, so I'd rather not spend the next 6-8 hours setting pso2 up again.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 16, 2014, 05:09 PM
This... this is not a new EQ, this is what we like to call: PSo1 Falz making a comeback.

Sayara
Jul 16, 2014, 05:10 PM
Removing the patches was the first thing I did, before repairing the client. No dice.

Apparently. o 3o

Has no floor, and very few textures, too!

My name is Error!
Quickly someone needs to photoshop that as NO WAY instead.

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 05:11 PM
Hue, "Error Quest"

I've restarted twice.

Trying to avoid the install. My external HDD with the client download on it broke, so I'd rather not spend the next 6-8 hours setting pso2 up again.

yeah re-installing (especially a game like PSO2) is generally a pain. Have you tried messing with settings such as fullscreen/virtual fullscreen or changing the graphics settings. sometimes hardware is iffy like that. my desktop likes to make peoples hair in the witcher fly around across the screen. its pretty hilarious/enjoyable.

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 05:11 PM
Quickly someone needs to photoshop that as NO WAY instead.

That was a Zelda II joke, I hope you know...

yeah re-installing (especially a game like PSO2) is generally a pain. Have you tried messing with settings such as fullscreen/virtual fullscreen or changing the graphics settings. sometimes hardware is iffy like that. my desktop likes to make peoples hair in the witcher fly around across the screen. its pretty hilarious/enjoyable.

For some reason fullscreen and virtual full screen refuse to work on my rig. I've reinstalled a total of 4 times trying to fix that problem, too. I've been force to play in windowed for a few months, now.

Sayara
Jul 16, 2014, 05:12 PM
I quoted the wrong damn post. :|
I wanted to quote this: http://i.imgur.com/7O8h4sn.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zILpjFqlOak

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 05:15 PM
That was a Zelda II joke, I hope you know...

For some reason fullscreen and virtual full screen refuse to work on my rig. I've reinstalled a total of 4 times trying to fix that problem, too. I've been force to play in windowed for a few months, now.

hmm that's strange... it honestly looks like missing textures/files from the screenshot...

is your desktop(assuming cause you said rig) on the older side?

EDIT: wait are you constantly falling?

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 05:19 PM
hmm that's strange... it honestly looks like missing textures/files from the screenshot...

is your desktop(assuming cause you said rig) on the older side?

EDIT: wait are you constantly falling?

It's actually a laptop, still relevant hardware. 3rd gen i7, nvidia geforce gt645m, 6gb ddr3 ram @ 1600.

I'm constantly falling.

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 05:23 PM
It's actually a laptop, still relevant hardware. 3rd gen i7, nvidia geforce gt645m, 6gb ddr3 ram @ 1600.

I'm constantly falling.

hmm yeah, my older laptop (2nd gen i7, dual hd radeon 5870, 8gb ram forgot clock speed) can run it all max at 60fps so your hardware shouldn't be causing any issues

i guess back to stupid questions...

when did it start?

are your drivers up to date?

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 05:26 PM
hmm yeah, my older laptop (2nd gen i7, dual hd radeon 5870, 8gb ram forgot clock speed) can run it all max at 60fps so your hardware shouldn't be causing any issues

i guess back to stupid questions...

when did it start?

are your drivers up to date?

It started after maintenance when I downloaded the patch.

My drivers are up to date.

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 05:29 PM
It started after maintenance when I downloaded the patch.

My drivers are up to date.

Sorry i'm not being much help, its hard (for me at least) to help people unless i'm like right there with them.

do you happen to have another machine that can log you into to see if its like your character co-ordinates that are screwed up? because it looks like its just spawning you under the floor upon login.

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 05:38 PM
Sorry i'm not being much help, its hard (for me at least) to help people unless i'm like right there with them.

do you happen to have another machine that can log you into to see if its like your character co-ordinates that are screwed up? because it looks like its just spawning you under the floor upon login.

I would need to set it with aws too, but yes I could try.

I have two other characters. Maybe I could try with them?

Daiyousei
Jul 16, 2014, 05:46 PM
I was going to suggest updating your drivers since I had this problem before and it went away after updating graphics drivers. It does look like your graphics card might be a bit hot.

RubyVixen
Jul 16, 2014, 05:48 PM
I was going to suggest updating your drivers since I had this problem before and it went away after updating graphics drivers. It does look like your graphics card might be a bit hot.

My laptop's case is open and over 2 220mm fans. Heat is not an issue. xD

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 06:33 PM
I would need to set it with aws too, but yes I could try.

I have two other characters. Maybe I could try with them?

Yeah, different characters would be a nice thing to try.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 17, 2014, 02:22 AM
how bizarre, have you tried running PSO2 vanilla without any additional processes running? i noticed you system tray looked kinda full+^_^+ you can edit what sort of programs start with Windows using the msconfig.exe utility. just uncheck everything that starts with windows, reboot, run a file check, then try logging in without opening any other programs whatsoever *including browsers*+^_^+ this will help determine if an outside program is interfering with PSO2 or GameGuard+^_^+