PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Sonic Team will NEVER cure FSOD

Mazarin
Apr 17, 2003, 03:25 AM
Yup, happened to me already. 2 hours in.

And when you come back on, you get NOTHING indicating a corrupt file. I just went back on, got into a game, and only had what I had equipped.

Cute...

Abductor
Apr 17, 2003, 03:29 AM
I guess I'm just lucky. Never had this happen on any system.

RaymondDay
Apr 17, 2003, 03:43 AM
I never had it happend to me ether for a long time. But I been playing PSO now for I guess 4 mounths. I guess FSOD happend to me about 6 times now.

If SEGA only saved your data on there severs then duping or FSOD would not mess you up. But you could not play on line with your memory card only off line with that and only one line with your other saved file on SEGA's hard drives on there severs. An easy fix for SEGA!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RaymondDay on 2003-04-17 01:45 ]</font>

CrazyJ
Apr 17, 2003, 03:50 AM
try 4 times in one hour and you'll be on my wave-length...

I pay $9.95 a month for THIS?!?

Jeez.

SilencePSO
Apr 17, 2003, 03:54 AM
I played PSOX for 10 hours today (along with about 6 of my friends) and not one of us got a FSOD....

silvermax
Apr 17, 2003, 03:56 AM
your talkin about X-box right?

well i dont have PSO for x-box box but i do know that it likes to freeze up on games, it might not be Sega's fault, it could be the x-box itself, mine must have froze up on HALO at leaste 5 or 6 times and DOA3 2

Cex
Apr 17, 2003, 04:30 AM
I've been playing PSOX just about all day, and not had a single problem. No lag, no FSOD, no nothing. But I better knock on wood, cause I know it will happen at some point...

saffaya
Apr 17, 2003, 04:39 AM
On 2003-04-17 01:25, Mazarin wrote:
Yup, happened to me already. 2 hours in.

And when you come back on, you get NOTHING indicating a corrupt file. I just went back on, got into a game, and only had what I had equipped.

Cute...

When you select your char, it says save not done correctly.

And Corruption is LOSS of the whole chars.
Not just losing unequipped items. Do not mix please.
No corruption on Xbox PSO.

You have to do as we did on the DC : store mag and valuables in the check room before leaving room.
And if you have 2 mags while playing or two weaps ... well, that's sonic team for you.
Bringing you the bugs of the DC plus the bugs of the GC.

saffaya
Apr 17, 2003, 04:43 AM
well i dont have PSO for x-box box but i do know that it likes to freeze up on games, it might not be Sega's fault, it could be the x-box itself, mine must have froze up on HALO at leaste 5 or 6 times and DOA3 2

It's not the Xbox fault. Your particular Xbox has a problem.

I have never ever seen my Xbox freeze on any other games than PSO. And that means the whole day on the machine, precisely on Halo and DOA3.
The encountered freezes were at team entry (common)
and horning FSOD fighting a boss (appeared on GC first).

LouisGB
Apr 17, 2003, 04:43 AM
ive had my xbox since xmas and ive never had a single crash or save corruption.

BoUnCeR
Apr 17, 2003, 06:52 AM
On 2003-04-17 01:56, silvermax wrote:
your talkin about X-box right?

that's not true. i now have xbox for about a year and it has NEVER frozen up. as neither it happened to some friends who have the console to, as far as I know. In what regards to PSOX... well, as I live in europe, i'm still waiting for it. sadly i don't even know if i'll be online... xblive account + HL isn't helping much... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 17, 2003, 01:17 PM
A friend of mine had the same problem. Its most like your xbox is faulty. If your system has a Thompson DVD drive, thats the reason.

Mag_Launcher
Apr 17, 2003, 01:41 PM
Another reason you fanboys can't say you're superior.

Mystil
Apr 17, 2003, 01:55 PM
On 2003-04-17 11:41, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Another reason you fanboys can't say you're superior.

No PSOX fan ever said there were at this board. There is NO major difference between PSOX and GC PSO, but the live chat crap. What is there to be superior about? They suffer from this just as much as we GC users do.

Chibi-Chan
Apr 17, 2003, 01:55 PM
What does FSOD stand for anyway?

Skuld_0
Apr 17, 2003, 01:58 PM
yea i played from 12 till 4 online in and out of games trading banking leaving coming back no problems what do you people do to get fsod there has to be something

Mystil
Apr 17, 2003, 01:59 PM
Freezed Screen Of Death.

Chibi-Chan
Apr 17, 2003, 02:00 PM
Ohhhh, thankee! -^^-

Blenjar
Apr 17, 2003, 11:37 PM
20 hours, nth.

silvermax
Apr 18, 2003, 01:00 AM
oh well, i know that if i play my box for an extended period of time 10hours+ it seems to freeze,

how would i find out what kind of drive is in my box?

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 01:08 AM
You can tell by opening up your dvd-rom and looking at the shape of the tray that comes out. I think the ones that are shaped like a lightbulb are thompson drives.

ShadowCaster
Apr 18, 2003, 01:24 AM
Ok I have a FSOD theory.

Ok, server or blocks are full after 100 users are joined. Well if you select Meet the User after searching for the person, you automatically join that Ship/Block. Well since St really made the bloacks for 100 users at a time, at 110+ users the servers are overloaded, I know for a fact and have tried it with my lvl 1 char several times and the theory proves correct.

So in short, DON'T MEET A USER IF YOU KNOW THAT THAT PARTICULAR BLOCK HAS MORE THAN 100+ USERS, OH AND DON"T DUPE.

Thank You

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/sprite.gif

RuneScapeMan
Apr 18, 2003, 03:29 AM
Im pretty scared of FSOD.
I only(and then I mean ONLY) play on 50hz.
There's about 100 players on 50hz and im level 105 and it has never even lagged...

silvermax
Apr 18, 2003, 03:45 AM
On 2003-04-17 23:08, MonoxideChild wrote:
You can tell by opening up your dvd-rom and looking at the shape of the tray that comes out. I think the ones that are shaped like a lightbulb are thompson drives.

could you post a link or somthing that can show me a picture, i really cant tell what kind of shape the tray has....

PhoenixStryker
Apr 18, 2003, 03:46 AM
FSOD = Frozen Screen Of Death

I've had my xbox since 11/15/01 and it hasn't frozen except for morrowind, but that game freezes on everyones system. Anywho, i'll have a job soon so i'll prolly get psox.

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 03:50 AM
On 2003-04-18 01:45, silvermax wrote:

On 2003-04-17 23:08, MonoxideChild wrote:

could you post a link or somthing that can show me a picture, i really cant tell what kind of shape the tray has....

I don't have an picture to it anymore, sorry. But I think if you have a oval shaped hole in your dvd-rom instead, you have a Phillips dvd-rom I believe.

-shade
Apr 18, 2003, 06:26 AM
Igot PSO on GC when it was released in march I've been FSOD'ed twice, and thats only happend in the last week, once I lost my unequiped stuff, next I lost nothing, but I've never been corrupt, FSOD just happend It'll happen to everyone on any version at least once.

isamu2k3
Apr 18, 2003, 06:28 AM
ya im up to FSOD number 6 on xbox pso.....boy o boy my GC version sure is lookin good right now b/c ive only FSOD once in 800+ hours of gameplay....

WEBSTER
Apr 18, 2003, 06:38 AM
personally i know no one who has been fsod on the xbox, it usually the strange lower lvls poppin in saying they got fsod then beggin for freebies, when they relize that they aint gettin nothin they leave and beg in another room with the same lie.

and they always ask for high % weapons. those greedy bastards....

Azman
Apr 18, 2003, 09:14 AM
lol, i wouldn't bad-mouth them, cos that could be YOU one day!

One reason I gave up on the dreamcast was when i accidently deleted my lvl96 character, and I just couldnt beleive how badly i was doing online. Nearly no1 was playing online in normal mode, and no1 jonied my games! Does my conection smell?

Alastar
Apr 18, 2003, 05:46 PM
System Stability should be an important deciding factor of which version anyone is going to play (very important with PSO). When I had an XBOX I remember after long hours of play (10+) it to would lock up on me (Halo, UT), I think it has something to do with the cooling sytem as I did not have a Thompson DVD. Nvidia cards and HDD running at even 5400 RPM's generates alot of heat, if the fan starts to wear down even in the slightest it may not produce enough cooling thus resulting in a sytem freeze. I had a GC where the fan died and it still ran days on end. Although I am sure there are pluses and minuses to both systems. Perhaps saving on a HDD creates a little more stability than a GC memory card, so far I havent experienced and FSOD on my GC and thats good enough reason for me to stay. (knocks on wood)