PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart 8 PSO World Tourney

Mantiskilla
Jul 19, 2014, 02:21 PM
Hey all with MK8 out for awhile now I'm sure we have a good group of people who might have picked up this game.

Was trying to see if there is anyone interested in possibly starting a PSOW tourney lobby (if one hasn't been made already) in which maybe once a week (or whenever) people would want to gather round and play some MK8?

Seems easy enough to create a tourney lobby and just save it as a favorites so finding it for next time wouldn't be such a hassle.

If interested just leave a post and if we have a pretty good amount of people interested I would be willing to set it up.

Sayara
Jul 20, 2014, 09:05 AM
That could be alot of fun. Id say lets do it,

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2014, 09:06 AM
I wanna........

I don't have a wii-u yet.

Sayara
Jul 20, 2014, 09:15 AM
I wanna........

I don't have a wii-u yet.

Gosh dang it Frank they even have that stupid buy a MK8 Wiiu get a free 30$ game promo going on and everything! Dont burn the bank getting everything during Smash4 :|

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2014, 11:14 AM
But they prolly gonna have a smash4 bundle.

and I gotta get it. D:

CelestialBlade
Jul 20, 2014, 12:14 PM
I'm in Rock's shoes here, this would be a ton of fun but I don't yet have a WiiU and I'm kinda waiting for the right time to do so. Still, great idea and I hope it works out.

Outrider
Jul 20, 2014, 01:15 PM
I'm up for it.

And then we can all make fun of the people who don't have a Wii U.

...But only in the pre-game lobby.

Freshellent
Jul 20, 2014, 03:22 PM
I used to have one, for MH. Then I sold it, in favor of the 3DS. Otherwise I'd totally join. Suppose I'll pick it up again if I can afford it for a few titles, but mainly Bayonetta.

Best of luck to all who can participate! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 25, 2014, 08:07 PM
Ugh... I want a WiiU for this and Smash...
But I also want a PS4 for MGSV and an Xbox One for Halo... not to mention my capture card
Why are things so expensive?! :(

mctastee
Jul 25, 2014, 08:27 PM
I need to get a wii u first. Then, I would be happy to join. I might get one next month.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 25, 2014, 08:49 PM
I'd be interested in participating.

LunarKitsune
Jul 26, 2014, 05:03 PM
Sounds fun, count me in!

Reiketsu
Jul 26, 2014, 05:46 PM
I'd be up for it, too!
Still gotta grind those 10,000 coins to unlock the useless Gold Glider, anyways!

Firocket1690
Jul 26, 2014, 06:24 PM
So we have like... four? five? Sure, I'm game.

I received a system for Christmas, and I've been playing on and off. How would we find the lobby?

Oi! Outrider's still here! Hiyooh. There was a MK8 release thing at NWS... when it was released. :3

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 26, 2014, 06:37 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nitro Vordex
Jul 26, 2014, 06:41 PM
Let me know when we get a Smash Bros. tourney going. You know, later on in the year.

FOR GLORY

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 26, 2014, 06:45 PM
well i mean
if you want to lose to me that badly :wacko:

mctastee
Jul 26, 2014, 08:37 PM
well i mean
I would school all you suckas in some smash bros.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 26, 2014, 08:37 PM
How would we find the lobby?

Someone would need to take the initiative and create a tournament.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 26, 2014, 09:14 PM
..why didnt OP make one

Sayara
Jul 27, 2014, 08:10 AM
He was waiting for some people to respond, probably havent made it yet

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2014, 08:31 AM
well i mean

You guys talkin' an awful big game for something that's not even out yet, with mechanics that you've yet to feel and understand.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 27, 2014, 08:35 AM
I can't imagine the new smash would be THAT much different from previous version. Probably will take a little time to adjust to new changes, then everyone will resume smashing each other with their favorite characters.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 27, 2014, 11:06 AM
You guys talkin' an awful big game for something that's not even out yet, with mechanics that you've yet to feel and understand.
It's faster paced brawl with slight character adjustments

You won't need to learn anything

Zorafim
Jul 27, 2014, 01:13 PM
I can't imagine the new smash would be THAT much different from previous version.

I don't know. When I started playing Brawl, I felt like a cat with booties. (http://youtu.be/4eTA4SJ7aos?t=25s)

Nitro Vordex
Jul 27, 2014, 01:40 PM
u w0t m8

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2014, 02:49 PM
It's faster paced brawl with slight character adjustments

You won't need to learn anything

It's got more gravity! They took out tripping! it's not as "floaty..." You don't run like little snail like back in homeland, Rolling is super dooper OP or something, shields break super easy an-

Yeh there's not much to learn unless you're pinching tiny details. It's probably like WiiU is to the Wii.

"How brawl should've been"

mctastee
Jul 27, 2014, 10:04 PM

Calm down there, guy. You don't have to be so serious all the time.

u w0t m8

This guy catches my drift.

Mantiskilla
Jul 27, 2014, 11:51 PM
Hello Everyone!

So it looks like we have a good share of people who are interested. Sorry for not keeping tabs over the last week with this, but yes I would still like to organize a MK8 lobby for PSOW.

I would like to have the lobby open at all times so people can just put it into their favorites list and play; however, maybe once a week we have an actual tourney as well. Main thing is that we would all have a collection of fellow MK8 players to play with.

I plan on setting up the lobby for it sometime this week (say tues-wed), and once I do I will post how to find and enter the lobby. If we end up having a pretty large party we'll just have to setup multiple lobbies.

Should anyone else have any suggestions feel free to comment