PDA

View Full Version : PSOX is crazy!!

NekoHikari
Apr 17, 2003, 05:47 AM
Okay, now tell me this isn't odd...

I got the game around noon, and when I started playing it I immediately encountered a blue Al rappy, which dropped an HP material. Then, in the very next room- another blue Al rappy which again, dropped another HP material. In the caves, I found two red Nar Lilies which both dropped Dragon HPs, and then a red slime which dropped a resist thunder. That's five rare enemies within 5 hours of playing... did anyone else have this crazy luck or was it just me? I've never had this kind of luck with any other version before, they HAD to have tweaked the random rare enemy encounters somewhat.

Sedyne
Apr 17, 2003, 05:58 AM
You see alot of rare enemies on normal...they don't drop anything speciall.....

RamBam
Apr 17, 2003, 06:26 AM
I played 11 hours yesterday and didn't run into any rare enemies...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Captain_Dude
Apr 17, 2003, 06:28 AM
I played for a couple'a hours today, encountered no rare creatures. Perhaps you're just really lucky? Heh, I'll make sure you're creating all the games I'm joining, heh heh...

But wow, lotta rare beasties right thar. Congrats on the luck!

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 17, 2003, 01:23 PM
I've already seen 2 Nar lillys and a love rappy in less than 24 hours. Dropped an angel/mind, dragon/hp, and angel/luck.

ginko990
Apr 17, 2003, 02:51 PM
While those items are good at that low a level, youll shoot up through those levels kinda fast, and soon those items will be useless. but still cool to have at such low lvl.

Nice luck though, EXP musta been nice.

BlueFusion
Apr 17, 2003, 03:24 PM
Your lucky! lol

Denny
Apr 17, 2003, 05:29 PM
Ran into a few blue Rappies and a fat Rappy. Nothing else.

IronKnight
Apr 17, 2003, 06:45 PM
2 Hildeblues on my first run.

Blenjar
Apr 17, 2003, 11:35 PM
20 hours, 1 Broniac, 2 pdrops.
Startin' over again. I got 2 of my rares in HS, other offline while unlockin' spots.

Riffin
Apr 18, 2003, 12:15 AM
On just one run through the Hard Caves today at my Girlfriend's, we ran into a red slime, 2 nar lilies, and a nano dragon that dropped a last survivor. All in under an hour at our low levels. So in total, on the Skyly ID, we found two Last Survivors, a Photon Claw, and a DB's Saber. Very nice for our level 30 chars. Though I already have a level 200 MAG and a Yamato from my old Char, these finds were still quite pleasing. Yay! Lucky days are good!!

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 18, 2003, 10:34 AM
1 Love Rappy, 1 Red lily

Got killed by both...Episode 2.

Found 2 Photon Drops on the first run through forest http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif PSOX, of course

Skuld_0
Apr 18, 2003, 11:51 AM
It is insane. and very very enjoyable as well... im addicted all over agian... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MilkManX
Apr 18, 2003, 12:18 PM
I love PSOX. Finally everyone can easily communicate.

MORB
Apr 18, 2003, 12:32 PM
Well, online chat is surely neat, but it has its downsides too.

Like, not everyone can easily communicate, but rather everyone who speaks the same language.

For instance, I can read and write english without problem with a keyboard. However, I speak it with an horrible french accent. And I understand almost nothing when most people speaks english to me (because I often "talk" with people in english over the net, and very, very rarely in real life)

I wouldn't like to be able to play only with french - there's usually a large part of the population of any online game that I prefer not to have to deal with (morons, childish people, etc.), and having to find out proper players from a small subset of players (like, only french speaking ones) is way harder than finding some among people who can speak english.

Also, I think it's somewhat of an immersion killer (now I don't really know since I haven't experienced it) - I don't want to hear a voice that doesn't match with the person's physical appearance ingame. I don't want to hear a juvenile human voice coming from a racast. Or a manly voice coming from a hunewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MORB on 2003-04-18 10:35 ]</font>

Skuld_0
Apr 18, 2003, 12:54 PM
thast why you can buy the free keyboard adpater..which by the way is free http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (plus shiping) haha..but get it i am...nothing is the same with out a keyboard anyway. for pso that is

MORB
Apr 18, 2003, 12:57 PM
That wouldn't solve the problem :)

"Hello, would you mind use the keyboard instead of voice ?"

Wouldn't work.

Anyway, I have gamecube PSO, so I won't have this problem. I was merely pointing out a downside of voice chat.

Skuld_0
Apr 18, 2003, 12:59 PM
ok lol..just trying to help... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Danderdag
Apr 18, 2003, 05:07 PM
If you're in france, you'd be playing with EU players. You could still use the keyboard, which I imagine would be important, but there'd be other french people too.
Voices...there are voice masks
Most people hate them and get mad if you use them, at least in the US, but some of them are really good, including the android one (WITH some adjustment) and the female one. PSO is especially good with masks because while you're editing them, you can talk into your headset and it will then play with the mask into your headphone, so you know if people can understand you or not. Most other games don't do that.