PDA

View Full Version : AT&T customers now able to connect!!

(Idola)
Jul 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
AT&T CUSTOMERS ARE NOW ABLE TO CONNECT ON AT&T!!! CALL YOUR ISP. Odds are they don’t know about it. ATT was not aware when I called them. Tell them other ISPs in America and worldwide can and you can’t. Tell them about the DDoS attacks and how the backend providers blocked it for protection but it is now safe. If they don’t believe you, tell them to open their own web browser and try to go to pso2.jp. BE NICE! You catch more flies with honey! (You’re welcome fellow AT&T customers XD)

genesispso2
Jul 22, 2014, 11:10 AM
what exactly did u say? did u need the IP address for the game?
full infomation that i will need 2 give to my ISP would b greatly appreciated

TheszNuts
Jul 22, 2014, 11:12 AM
Do we have to call or is it already done?

PSchiZ
Jul 22, 2014, 11:17 AM
tracert or it didnt happen

SakoHaruo
Jul 22, 2014, 11:34 AM
> OP post once in thread then goes offline.

Lol, I came in here to celebrate with you guys, but I guess it didn't happen.

Vintasticvin
Jul 22, 2014, 11:50 AM
Nyeh I'll find out when I get home tonight.

isCasted
Jul 22, 2014, 11:53 AM
Tell them other ISPs in America and worldwide can and you can’t. Tell them about the DDoS attacks and how the backend providers blocked it for protection but it is now safe. If they don’t believe you, tell them to open their own web browser and try to go to pso2.jp. BE NICE!

Exactly what I did and got jack shit afterwards.

EvilMag
Jul 22, 2014, 11:56 AM
I'm on AT&T I still can't connect btw.

Aussei
Jul 22, 2014, 01:08 PM
OH YEAH ME TOO WOW CAN PLAY BEST GAME 2K14 MUCH CONNECT

Urbancowgurl777
Jul 22, 2014, 01:09 PM
Or not.

Takatsuki
Jul 22, 2014, 01:38 PM
OP is a liar.

Poyonche
Jul 22, 2014, 02:18 PM
At least give your location

GHNeko
Jul 22, 2014, 02:23 PM
His location says Boston, MA. So that's a safe place to start, right?

Scarlet-Star
Jul 22, 2014, 02:31 PM
His location says Boston, MA. So that's a safe place to start, right?

No, burn the OP, he is not worthy.

RagolianHunter
Jul 22, 2014, 02:35 PM
AT&T CUSTOMERS ARE NOW ABLE TO CONNECT ON AT&T!!! CALL YOUR ISP. Odds are they don’t know about it. ATT was not aware when I called them. Tell them other ISPs in America and worldwide can and you can’t. Tell them about the DDoS attacks and how the backend providers blocked it for protection but it is now safe. If they don’t believe you, tell them to open their own web browser and try to go to pso2.jp. BE NICE! You catch more flies with honey! (You’re welcome fellow AT&T customers XD)

:-?:-?:-?:-?

i don't get it why post rubbish.

I'm like :-?:-?

AT&T users are like :argh::argh:

Then I look at my PC and realize that my IP Is good and im like :cool:

Then realize some of my mates can't plan & im all like :ak: SEGA

Daiyousei
Jul 22, 2014, 02:53 PM
Who knows, it could be like the french situation with the same provider being able to access in some areas while not in other areas.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3167813&postcount=36

Soher
Jul 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
Guess this is appropriate based on everyone's response...

http://i.imgur.com/pPgTs.gif

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 22, 2014, 03:12 PM
SOB and I bought pingzapper just yesterday! :argh: Oh well good to hear that its working. I can get into the official PSO2 website just fine, barely updating tweaker to see if I can log on before heading to work.

EDIT: Well I still can't go online in-game, servers appear offline so therefore I'll wait a little longer, good progress though. In the meantime I'll use pingzapper for my alternate account and wait until it goes back up to go back on my main account. By the way I live in the West Coast United States if anyone is wondering.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 22, 2014, 03:24 PM
Nope still getting error 107 and can't bring up PSO2.jp

TaigaUC
Jul 22, 2014, 03:37 PM
Op probably just moved house. Suddenly PSO2 works! Must be entire ISP!
Nope, it's probably just the new house travelling a different route that works.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 22, 2014, 05:14 PM
OP I should ban you for dashing these fine people's hopes what's wrong with you

(Idola)
Jul 22, 2014, 05:23 PM
My mistake guys. I would not post if I didn't think it was fixed.

I had successfully connected a few hours after calling att and the tech guy saying he's send something up without Softether and thought my issue I called about had been resolved. I have been on the phone with them all of today trying to get answers, and now they're all trying to tell me it's on Sega.

Incoming hate for an honest mistake; go.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 22, 2014, 05:30 PM
And so it ends on a bittersweet note, the OP admitting his mistake and making peace with his adversaries...

Sounds like a job for
http://images.luuux.com/0000C582171C02390E54C9F8F6358375/original/skittles_sour_2.jpg

Shiyo
Jul 22, 2014, 06:13 PM
AT&T cannot connect.

Aussei
Jul 22, 2014, 06:15 PM
And yet here we all are posting like 4 pages on a thread that's not even true.

(Idola)
Jul 22, 2014, 06:16 PM
My mistake guys. I would not post if I didn't think it was fixed.

I had successfully connected a few hours after calling att and the tech guy saying he's send something up without Softether and thought my issue I called about had been resolved. I have been on the phone with them all of today trying to get answers, and now they're all trying to tell me it's on Sega.

Incoming hate for an honest mistake; go.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

NoiseHERO
Jul 22, 2014, 06:20 PM
OP you stupid noob. >0

I'm gonna direct all the frustrations I have with all my problems on you now just for stepping on my e-shoes with thi-

Nah I'm not even on AT&T.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 22, 2014, 06:39 PM
Your mistake, alright, you're off the hook.

Reyva
Jul 22, 2014, 07:00 PM
Lol I love those posters who will make a topic about being able connect and never reply again because I guarantee you like a bunch of ya, especially people who don't post were like "Yeah I'm gonna go connect to PSO2 now!"

If I really wanted to (and I don't because I don't care), I could make a topic saying Comcast users can connect, show a fake trace route, show a old screenshot of me playing PSO2 and a bunch of you would try to connect and think why can he connect and I can't?!

From the looks of it however, I'm just guessing here, but I assume a good portion has moved on now unlike back in the days when these forums were hot (boring now lol).

NoiseHERO
Jul 22, 2014, 07:01 PM
That rage 1* rating mash.

You guys...

ahaha...

#yesallPSOWers

Daiyousei
Jul 22, 2014, 07:04 PM
Lol I love those posters who will make a topic about being able connect and never reply again because I guarantee you like a bunch of ya, especially people who don't post were like "Yeah I'm gonna go connect to PSO2 now!"

If I really wanted to (and I don't because I don't care), I could make a topic saying Comcast users can connect, show a fake trace route, show a old screenshot of me playing PSO2 and a bunch of you would try to connect and think why can he connect and I can't?!

From the looks of it however, I'm just guessing here, but I assume a good portion has moved on now unlike back in the days when these forums were hot (boring now lol).

Lately the people I see in game are people who barely come on here.

SakoHaruo
Jul 22, 2014, 07:24 PM
Why would anyone choose AT&T in the first place? :wacko:

Scarlet-Star
Jul 22, 2014, 08:59 PM

stupid idiots you live with.

Vintasticvin
Jul 22, 2014, 09:06 PM
Cause they have good deals priced reasonable.

Also Scarlet-Star if you got a problem with it get your own internet service you don't have to use theirs.

trendyideology
Jul 22, 2014, 09:11 PM

Why would you say something so ignorant and talk shit about the ISP someone chooses? Are you stupid?

Shinamori
Jul 22, 2014, 09:17 PM
Because, everyone knows AT&T is crap?

SakoHaruo
Jul 22, 2014, 09:20 PM
Why would you say something so ignorant and talk shit about the ISP someone chooses? Are you stupid?

Do you have any kind of awareness? Like... wow. :-?

Aussei
Jul 22, 2014, 09:24 PM
WHY ARE WE STILL POSTING IN THIS THREAD??

Sizustar
Jul 22, 2014, 09:29 PM
WHY ARE WE STILL POSTING IN THIS THREAD??

Because server is down for maintance?

trendyideology
Jul 22, 2014, 09:35 PM
Because, everyone knows AT&T is crap?

Please, either of you, provide evidence, proof, anything.

Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass and making shit up.

Sizustar
Jul 22, 2014, 09:38 PM

http://www.theacsi.org/news-and-resources/customer-satisfaction-reports/reports-2014/acsi-telecommunications-and-information-report-2014
http://ispspeedindex.netflix.com/usa
http://www.dslreports.com/comments/2170

And the fact that you need to pay to actually get in contact with a real person, compared to other ISP that although the level 1~2 might not be the best informed, they can at least make a note and esculate it.

SakoHaruo
Jul 22, 2014, 09:42 PM

Sure is head strong over there. You got AT&T sharp like a pencil. o3o

GHNeko
Jul 22, 2014, 09:51 PM
He's incredibly hostile for no reason.

It's like he's intentionally trying to start shit.

Dan Maku
Jul 22, 2014, 09:53 PM
I propose a new rule on this forum: if someone makes a thread claiming they can connect, they show a tracert. Otherwise, lock.

trendyideology
Jul 22, 2014, 10:11 PM
http://www.theacsi.org/news-and-resources/customer-satisfaction-reports/reports-2014/acsi-telecommunications-and-information-report-2014
http://ispspeedindex.netflix.com/usa
http://www.dslreports.com/comments/2170

And the fact that you need to pay to actually get in contact with a real person, compared to other ISP that although the level 1~2 might not be the best informed, they can at least make a note and esculate it.

All your citing is speed. Totally irrelevant to the quality of the ISP considering you pay for different tiers of speed with virtually all ISPs and if you had a clue about the different tech involved, there's limits to how much data a phone line can carry versus coax, not to mention that if you're anywhere like an apartment building or a dense urban area you're splitting copper with countless other people and your service is degraded as a result and there's nothing you can do about it, and that's not even remotely an issue with AT&T, specifically Uverse, but DSL too.

Honestly you have no clue what you're talking about you just mindlessly googled some shit and linked me info about their irrelevant max downstream.

Do you want a cookie?

HIT0SHI
Jul 22, 2014, 10:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uJOoGZsl.jpg

Sizustar
Jul 22, 2014, 10:18 PM
All your citing is speed. Totally irrelevant to the quality of the ISP considering you pay for different tiers of speed with virtually all ISPs and if you had a clue about the different tech involved, there's limits to how much data a phone line can carry versus coax, not to mention that if you're anywhere like an apartment building or a dense urban area you're splitting copper with countless other people and your service is degraded as a result and there's nothing you can do about it, and that's not even remotely an issue with AT&T, specifically Uverse, but DSL too.

Honestly you have no clue what you're talking about you just mindlessly googled some shit and linked me info about their irrelevant max downstream.

Do you want a cookie?

Do you work for AT*T?
And where's your counter point, beside, dismissing all other arguement as irrelevant and claiming it's too complicated to explain?

LordKaiser
Jul 22, 2014, 10:22 PM
This seems to be a click bait thread so it should be deleted or locked. There's dedicated threads about the particular.

The " JP PSO2 The Server Situation Analysis Thread " resumes the relevant threads into 1 so I think that one is the only that matters atm.

trendyideology
Jul 22, 2014, 10:40 PM
Do you work for AT*T?
And where's your counter point, beside, dismissing all other arguement as irrelevant and claiming it's too complicated to explain?

you pay for different tiers of speed with virtually all ISPs

there's limits to how much data a phone line can carry versus coax

if you're anywhere like an apartment building or a dense urban area you're splitting copper with countless other people and your service is degraded as a result and there's nothing you can do about it, and that's not even remotely an issue with AT&T, specifically Uverse, but DSL too.

Since apparently as one small paragraph these points were too difficult to digest, I've broken them up for you.

I didn't say anything was too complicated, I did leave a trailing thought instead of outright saying "if you had a clue about the different tech involved, I wouldn't have to explain the following to you" but I then did go on to explain the above.

Coax affords you cheaper raw speed, but you share the line with everyone else between you and the nearest "Box" or hub or whatever. From the ISP there's huge pipes going out, but as they enter residential areas they split off into smaller and smaller pipes until you have one small line servicing individual small areas. Within that area, the copper splits off as many times as necessary for physical buildings, individual units, and within even units individual cable jacks. How do I know this? 1) Common sense, that's how the tech works. 2) I've dealt with countless people from TWC in my house before I finally gave up on cable, the people that do copper installs on apartments just don't give a fuck, they'll split a split that was split 12 feet earlier and then split that again later, just because it's easier, faster, and cheaper than having to get in there and do it right.

If you see a drop off in your max speed, or start noticing a degradation of service, increased latency, or a totally saturated line in the evening, during "prime time" it's because if you live in an apartment complex or something, you're sharing that copper line with anyone else who's got TV or cable or whatever. This simply doesn't happen with DSL/uverse.

Also ultimately the issue wasn't with disliking an ISP, all ISPs are greedy money grubbing pricks overcharging you for shit that doesn't really cost them more or less between different tiers of service, nickle and diming you for stupid shit like equipment rental fees, etc. They're assholes.

The issue was asking why someone would choose an ISP as if they'd done something wrong or were stupid for the choice. I get 26Mbps downstream and if you care to do the conversion that's pretty much in line with the top ranking ISP on the irrelevant link someone linked off of netflix. AT&T has that level of service available. Your choice to not pay for it is irrelevant.

In the end I bought my service for reliability, consistency, and a proven track record of having less problems with degradation of service, random outages, appointment keeping reliability, customer service, etc.

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 23, 2014, 03:56 AM
Well...I was able to go the official site earlier before I went to work...now it doesn't work.

EDIT: Meh im done posting, I'll just sit in the sidelines and watch.