PDA

View Full Version : Hitler is an Admin

Zack_Morris
Apr 17, 2003, 02:15 PM
First of i'm a legit and love pso.

I'm in the chat and i say "i wish they had pk in pso"(not the pk from the action replay, i mean the legit kind, sorta like battle outside of battle. You wouldn't lose your char!!). Like they have the choice in everquest to play on pk servers or not. It was an opinion to add depth to gameplay and this Nazi admin kicked me out of the chat. (umpixie) I think she had to have been 12 years old to not even listen to my opinion.

So just a warning; if you're in chat don't say "hey, i wish there was new monsters in pso" or "gee, i'd sure like to see more character classes" cause that's an opinion of something you'd like to see in pso and you'll be booted.

That's weird, I thought we were in America...

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 17, 2003, 02:20 PM
You don't get constitutional rights in a chatroom on EFnet =^.-=
The chatroom bot automatically sends rules to you when you join. They are fair, and you broke one.

Although, superkiwi does need to get a life. All he does is kickban people. Lamer.

Zack_Morris
Apr 17, 2003, 02:24 PM
Explain to me how i broke a rule? I express something i'd like to see in the game and get booted. As people in the room are like "yeah i dupe" "yeah i use dupes" and nothing happens to them!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 17, 2003, 02:27 PM
"If you get kicked or banned, deal with it."
Bwahahaha X3.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 17, 2003, 02:28 PM
yea its a freedom of speech so i agree with u

WIZARD2K
Apr 17, 2003, 02:36 PM
You were kicked as a warning twice and then came back in and insulted the op. You deserved the ban

Zack_Morris
Apr 17, 2003, 02:41 PM
Yes it's freedom of speach(and i understand chat has their own laws), but the thing is i didn't say anything wrong. If i did i would understand why i was booted and deal with it. I'm not a baby snappuru so stop speaking to me like i'm one. I've been a loyal psoworld fan for a while now and preach about the site too all i play with. I don't deserve to be treated the way i was today. It makes me sick.

and i only came back to defend my case, question, can admin swear as umpixie was? "i don't give a fuck about your opinion"...i don't think that's part of the rules...call me crazy.

Zeebo
Apr 17, 2003, 03:28 PM
I agree with you so eh

Ness
Apr 17, 2003, 03:36 PM
Maybe you should havew said all that before you hgit the enter key.

Guile
Apr 17, 2003, 05:42 PM
Fight the power!!
I agree, that was a stupid thing for the op to do
I wish there was PK too, but you can always play in battle mode and just go down to forest and fight

Zack_Morris
Apr 17, 2003, 10:03 PM
On 2003-04-17 13:36, Ness wrote:

It wasn't anything wrong so why would i have to think before saying it? I'm not stupid, i wouldn't try to get kicked.

That's a good point guile i'll have to try that. I'm not sure if anyone else will be up for it though. They'll think i'm just out to kill them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif haha

For those who supported me, thank you! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zack_Morris on 2003-04-17 20:06 ]</font>

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Apr 18, 2003, 03:04 PM
On 2003-04-17 13:36, Ness wrote:

Maybe you should spell check before you submit.

Zack Morris, you are ignorant: if you had just followed the rules you wouldn't be banned.

War_Child
Apr 18, 2003, 03:16 PM
Being an op in #PSOW is not a full time job. Thus, they live their lives as well. We can't babysit everyone 24/7. You talked about a thing that ruined PSO version 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast, an ability that needs cheating to use. One of the rules is no hacking/cheating talk. Perhaps if you obeyed the rules you wouldn't have been kicked.

#PSOW is a channel, not a country, nor a democracy. The rules are there for a reason. Deal with it.

-Eden-
Apr 18, 2003, 03:26 PM
Forget about rights when you go online, its like walking into someones home. Although I agree that some/many admins can be power hungry rat bastards that like to kickban people, but its something that you have to deal with.

Zack_Morris
Apr 18, 2003, 04:23 PM
Ignorant? Right buddy, I bet. I never spoke about anything in regards to cheating. The pk I speak of would be a legit one if they ever implemented it. Like a battle mode but in all games. I didn't say "hey i wish i could kill people and delete their characters and ruin the game!!". I know you all think you're so tough with you're "deal with it" attitude but if this happened to you, and you were a legit player as am I, you would be quite angry with it. I'm going to drop it because there is no use agruing with brainless morons. Maybe once you age a few decades we'll continue this arguement.

War_Child
Apr 18, 2003, 04:55 PM
You want to PK legitly, or instantly kill somebody at will. People tend to dislike having that done to them, thus Sega makes it harder for people to PK.

There is a legit PK method, it's called battle mode (quote: #PSOW's Da_Wrecka). In battle games, you can go down to Ragol and hurt each other all you want.

Now you were wanting a way to PK in normal games, which is highly associated with cheating. Most cheating discussions are banned from #PSOW, as is asking for cheat methods. Umipixie kicked you for breaking this rule, which it and the other rules are sent to you upon joining, as well as there being a rules page on this website.

To be an op is to act when appropriate, like umipixie did. To be a dictator like you state, she'd have to do something like kick everyone whose name doesn't start with the letter "u".

Madzozs
Apr 18, 2003, 07:38 PM
Don't you think that instead of kicking automatically, it would have been better to warn them. Mind you, on IRC a kick is not a warning. Telling someone that type of discussion is not prohibited in the room is more than sufficient. Then if the talk continues, kick away.

DickyRocksYou
Apr 18, 2003, 10:12 PM
It seems that no one is reading Zack's posts and/or don't understand common MMORPG terminology, which is what he was using. PK (Player Killing) a.k.a PvP (Player vs. Player) is nothing like battle mode, which is basically just a person battling anyone that comes into the game he's in. PK is generally set up as a server, seperate from the a blue server (non PK), where players within a certain amount of levels from one another may attack each other at any time, and death is usually punished by losing an item/experience/etc, thus making it impossible for someone to just go around killing everyone because people will gang up and kill him or he might just piss of a guild. Guilds breathe new life into the game and add a totally new dimension of skill and tactics with regards to both fighting and diplomacy. It adds more fun to game, with the ability to witness massive battles between guilds, or watch that guy picking on Noobs get hammered by 15 guys, and it also brings an even larger social aspect to the game than the one that already exists by adding new levels of comraderie and friendship, far greater levels, that cannot be found in any battlemode type setting. This is no way, shape or form cheating, and Zack made it clear that he was not talking about the type of PKing that ruined the DC PSO, but rather this form, which is found in nearly every MMORPG ever made. You say this is what you thought he was talking about, but then again he was talking about the GC/Xbox version, which doesn't have a character delete exploit to abuse, so he obviously wasn't talking about that, which means he obviously wasn't talking about cheating. That, in and of itself automatically refutes any argument that Zack was talking about cheating. It blows my mind that you can even think that he was talking about cheating, I'm honestly amazed that this was even a problem. If you still think you can argue that he was cheating, then please go play Everquest on a PvP server and you will understand what he is talking about.

Now I will get into the chatroom business, which really bothers me. When I entered the room today I was greeted by HumanHead calling Zack an immature prick. I asked what was going on, Zack told me what he said, explaining that he not reffering to the type of PKing that deleted accounts, and people still insist that it is cheating. Zack was relatively calm and collected the whole time considering all the flaming that was being directed at home for no reason (see above if you disagree). This is what I don't understand...why was Zack kicked when the actual offender was HumanHead who was harassing Zack, which is in offense to the second rule of the chatroom "No harassing people". Why wasn't HumanHead kicked for not only harassing, but insulting Zack and continuing the fight? Furthermore...why was I kicked? I did nothing but try to explain what Zack was saying to anyone that would listen, and trying to difuse what started out as an intelligent idea, but was grotesquely transformed into a flame filled argument thanks to some apparent word twisting and lack of knowledge about common terms in the games genre. The fact that I was kicked for absolutely nothing is ridiculous, and just goes to show how much the Ops abused there power. They shouldn't even be an Op if they are going to not only ignore the rules themselves, but choose who to enforce them on. An Op should not have a biased opinion, but rather should listen to both sides and judge, and this case that is clearly not happening. Zack has made it perfectly clear what he was talking about in the very first post of this topic and yet there is still arguing. A police officer can't choose not to arrest his friend if he sees him rob someone. If Zack is kicked then please ammend the rules to say "No discussion of features we are not familiar with in other games" and also add ", unless you are an Ops friend" to each rule (i.e. "No harassing people, unless you are an Ops friend", "No excessive swearing, unless you are an Ops friend") because that seems to be what happened. And to think, all I wanted to do was just talk about PSO...

Elvendar
Apr 18, 2003, 10:42 PM
Time to set the record straight.

1) HumanHead is a dickhead to everyone, even me. He mostly is just an ass to people who like to argue a lot. Hell, he even argues with me, and I am opped in #psow2.

2) This is PSO, not a MMORPG. Therefore, MMORPGs have no relevance to this conversation.

3) When you come into a channel and declare an ideal which you allready know is going to start a previously fueled argument, you deserve to be called a dickhead.

4) Kicking is considered a warning. Anons can rejoin in under 30 seconds, Most people using a chat client have auto-rejoin enabled.

5) Harassing is only considered harassment if you are doing something, the other person repeatedly tells you to stop, or "drop it", and the first person continues, ignoring your plea. Now, did Zack tell anyone to just drop it? I think not. He continued arguing just like any pre-teen or teenager would do.

Finally... some more words regarding humanhead. He's not an ops friend. While he may know the ops personally, if he pisses them off they will kick or ban him.

This is all in good fun. Don't get stressed about a game because you don't have the authority to talk about something that most likely will break the channel rules.

"Can't we all just get along?"
(note: I most likely lost my writing skills somewhere in the middle of this. Sorry.)

KingCanin
Apr 18, 2003, 10:48 PM
I don't think you understand, if you were banned, you were banned for a reason. Of course, I wasn't there at the time, but the problem with this forum post is this: You people are only getting one side of the story. If you want both sides, why not pop into the chat and have a look for yourself? For the most part we're agreeable people. Except HumanHead. And me.

pixelate
Apr 18, 2003, 10:51 PM
Yes, join the channel for free hentai links. We've already enjoyed Bondage Fairies today. We may move onto more later tonight. Why not be there for it?

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Apr 18, 2003, 11:07 PM
On HumanHead, he is a really nice guy and he tries to help out everyone in the channel. He is not mean at all. He gets kicked, sometimes. But mostly the key to not being kicked/banned is to NOT be an idiot. HumanHead is clearly not an Idiot, even if he is "mean."

This is what gets me about you guys the most: you act like getting kicked is the end of the world. Kicking IS a warning in IRC. If people stopped and explained every rule to every rule breaker there would be no point. You got all worked up about nothing, "why did I get kicked?! you are hitler! hitler kicks!" and all that stuff. I mean give me a break, kicks do nothing. Complaining about them (breaking the final rule) certainly gets you something, a ban. Yours was lifted, so you could grace us with your presence.

On a final note, you just be glad that kidon wasn't awake. Because if Umi is Hitler, then kidon is uh, something a lot worse.

On a more final note, Elvendar is a dookie face.

Madzozs
Apr 18, 2003, 11:15 PM
mmorpg = massive multiplayer online role playing game

pso = a large, some may even say massive online game.

the online game = many/multi players playing at one time

role playing game = you take on that persons class, race, attributes, and use them to complete tasks set in front of you. these tasks can be anything from walking, to killing something.

I may not be a superintellectual, but this pretty much looks like my ideo of an mmorpg.

RuneLateralus
Apr 19, 2003, 01:02 AM
There is a difference between MMORPG and Online RPGs.

Online RPGs (like PSO, Diablo, Dungeon Siege, and Neverwinter Nights) may have a bunch of users on a server, but there is a limited number of people who can join in a game. In PSO, it is 4. It is not an MMORPG. These games are usually more action to them.

MMORPGs (like Ultima Online, EQ, FFXI, and Asheron's Call 2), are games that feature all the players on one server in one large world. The number can be as low as 1, but it can get up get up 400 on some servers...even more on games that do not have that many servers. These type of games usually have more depth to them in how you gain skills and such.

But Pixel is right. Forget the fighting and talk about Bondage Fairies. It is so much more fun.

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 02:38 AM
Zack Morris hahah that is thee best name on PSOW! I just noticed it...!
Back on topic, PSOW's rules are against cheating
the fact you can get banned just for telling how to dupe, cheat, or "H4x0r" proves this

Madzozs
Apr 19, 2003, 08:29 AM
But he didn't tell people how to hack, cheat, or dupe.

KingCanin
Apr 19, 2003, 09:56 AM
I find it rather humourous that he tried to back up his point with "I thought we were in America..", as though everyone he encounters in the run of a day must be from America.

The fact of the matter is, he probably wasn't the most agreeable fellow in the world, and he got a kick. After he got kicked, he probably came back into the channel ranting and raving and calling umipixie Hitler. Believe it or not, people tend to not be pleased when you call them Hitler. Hence, ban.

Guile
Apr 19, 2003, 02:44 PM
On 2003-04-19 06:29, Madzozs wrote:
But he didn't tell people how to hack, cheat, or dupe.

Yes but he was still was banned/kicked whatever and is now being flamed, threatened, and soon to be "lynched...."... over what he said!

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Apr 19, 2003, 03:33 PM
Okay Guile, I have lost what little respect I had for you.

He got kicked (the first time) for saying something about PKing. It could have really been taken out of context whether Zack_Morr was brainstorming about a new version of PSO or whether he was saying he would like to kill dupers. He just happen to say "I wish we could PK" right after arguing with someone (Xero?) about dupers. I think umipixie was right to kick him (because a kick is a damn warning, nothing else).

He got kicked (the second time) for coming back in and bitching. That is breaking rule number ten.

He got banned (the first time) for coming BACK in and BITCHING AGAIN. Cienna had the right to ban him for insulting the chops.

...and for this whole "lynching" business: someone said something like "Hey, there's that guy that called umi a Nazi! Let's lynch him! Hahaha." Then HumanHead started singing "Let's Lynch the Landlord" by Dead Kennedys. It was a joke made by someone (I honestly don't remember who said it, maybe Elvendar) and it got blown out of proportion...by you.

That is all.

Edit: It was definitely Elvendar. He was being totally serious about it, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackCanaryOfDeath on 2003-04-19 21:09 ]</font>

Madzozs
Apr 19, 2003, 04:31 PM
Well here is more proof to pixie being the leader of the 3rd Reich.

I was in the channel for quite sometime just talking about nothing. Then I said "I love one hit killing everything except the dragon at lvl 1-3." I explained that I was using a DB's Saber and had my Sato (10/150/40/0) on my char that i made with another character. 2 seconds later.....

* You were kicked from #psow by umipixie (no talking about cheating)

How is trading a mag to another character cheating? Upon re-entering, all I put was a question mark. The reply i get is.

<umipixie> i like kicking people

To me, thats just kind of pointless. I'd love to hear the logic behind that one.

And to further agree with DickyRocksYou about adding the ", unless you are friends with the ops" thing, rule #8 says no colors. Why is it that 2 people(1 was an op, the other an ops friend) were talking in random colors, and nothing was done?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Madzozs on 2003-04-19 14:53 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Apr 19, 2003, 05:11 PM
Seriously, stop the Hitler remarks. Someone kicked and banned you from an online chat and you're comparing them to someone who commited mass genocide.

And don't try and be smart and make another "witty" comparison.

Seriously, if the people in the chat are so one-sided and take up for each other, don't go there. Why would you even want to be in a chat which is supposedly maintained by "Hitler"?

And making constant bashing remarks back and forth doesn't help anyone's case. To be honest, the two threads on this subject haven't gotten anywhere since post one.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 19, 2003, 08:43 PM
On 2003-04-18 20:51, pixelate wrote:
Yes, join the channel for free hentai links. We've already enjoyed Bondage Fairies today. We may move onto more later tonight. Why not be there for it?

heh, no comment.
anyways IRC channels aren't ment to be fair to everyone, i bevlieve when i first entered the channel being new to the concept of "chat rooms" i entered as the stupid "newbie" i was. i didn't say much, "hiyo" as always some said hi back the ops didn't pay much attention to me, though i think one of the ops said something, i thought it was directed toward me "was i taking to you" they said back i decided to just shut up from there, then the biggest mistake you can ever make in #psow type the three evil letters "lol" oooo that had me on aone-way trip to kick ville. a few months after i when back in because i thought "eh got nothing better to do" then i'm sorry i'm not fuling anything, but i was kicked for no reason along with another chatter with the message "your my bitch" i'm not gonna say who it was but that kept me away from the #psow i just don't think i was gonna last there. 4-6 months later i'm here at the PSO forums. eh i still feel as if the moderaters want to ban me. but i guess theres nothing you can do there.

basically: don't expect repect as a newcomer, watch what you say, and my goodness really read the rules. who know maybe IRC's #PSOW isn't for you, when i was there it seemed to be a close circle of friends.

OT: do you think i could possible enter #psow and not say anything stupid, and not become a kick-toy? please? ^___^ (i'm a op in another channel, and it is fun attack a random new commer and then banning them)

KingCanin
Apr 19, 2003, 11:59 PM
If you're not stupid, odds are you will not get kicked.

War_Child
Apr 20, 2003, 12:06 AM
Considering that your bitching will get you nowhere, you might as well stop wasting your time.

You test an op's patience, you get your results. You break the rules, you get the appropriate results.

By bitching, you also break a rule by the way:

-supakiwi- CHANNEL RULES: 1) No spam 2) No harassing people 3) No scripts 4) No cheating 5) No excessive swearing 6) No racist, sexist, homophobic, or xenophobic language 7) No netspeak. Especially no use of "lol", "u" for "you", "r" for "are", etc. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif No colors/flashing text/underline/etc. 9) NO TYPING IN ALL CAPS 10) No questioning the ops. If you get kicked or banned, deal with it.

Have a good day.

Ian D
Apr 20, 2003, 12:23 AM
Crap, the one day I wasn't in the channel...

Guile
Apr 20, 2003, 01:48 AM
Actually Hitler was a real good leader for Germany up tell wanting to go to war with most of the world and the genocide thing..

Anyhow! BlackCanaryOfDeath I'm going on what little and wrong Info I'm getting here..story seems to change after everytime someone posts
to much nonsense flames going on here, and to much talk about crap that does'nt matter..
People seem to get a little crazy when they get crap power!
But you can't back the mods up in Madzozs case if he is telling the whole truth (not saying you are'nt)
To kick someone becuase you like to, yeah it's no big deal just go back in but it is still tard!

The whole friends using color thing is also something that can't be just brushed off, I'm sure if I went in there talking in color text (the fact that I never go in there and don't know any of the ops..I think?) I would get kicked or banned

oh and black, you had respect for me?!

War_Child
Apr 20, 2003, 09:31 AM
Perhaps you missed the part when I said we can't babysit you 100% of the time.

I hate having to use the word babysit, but in all honesty, the ones who get kicked usually act like retarded little children with a shortage of Ridalyn. A person was kicked once for talking about cheating, then further kicked because he wouldn't take the hint and stop bitching. As for an op using colours, that was the bot supakiwi giving you the rules, using a colour, so they would stand out, so you would notice and hopefully read them. Unfortunately it seems people don't.

As for umi kicking Madzozs:

<Madzozs> I'm a duper
<Madzozs> I'm can create false lines of replicated chat.

***You were kicked by Madzozs (WC is proving a point here people)

Provide to me a chat log with the entire events leading up to the kick, then I can believe you. Just creating random lines is invalid, especially one or two, without the person in question's actions leading up to the event as well, is about as circumstantial evidence as me saying you are a pedophile.

<Madzozs> I am a pedophile ^_^

Oops! There it goes!

If you're so keen on getting rid of the ops, give evidence people, evidence ;3

**NOTE** I am NOT trying to flame Madzozs, just using him as an example to show that those lines could be falsely created to try and back up his claims.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2003-04-20 07:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2003-04-20 07:37 ]</font>

Ness
Apr 20, 2003, 11:27 AM
On 2003-04-18 14:55, War_Child wrote:
You want to PK legitly, or instantly kill somebody at will. People tend to dislike having that done to them, thus Sega makes it harder for people to PK.

There is a legit PK method, it's called battle mode (quote: #PSOW's Da_Wrecka). In battle games, you can go down to Ragol and hurt each other all you want.

Now you were wanting a way to PK in normal games, which is highly associated with cheating. Most cheating discussions are banned from #PSOW, as is asking for cheat methods. Umipixie kicked you for breaking this rule, which it and the other rules are sent to you upon joining, as well as there being a rules page on this website.

To be an op is to act when appropriate, like umipixie did. To be a dictator like you state, she'd have to do something like kick everyone whose name doesn't start with the letter "u".

I would have to agree here. I also thinks that anyone that wants to PK has either serious problems or is just an asshole.

Ness
Apr 20, 2003, 11:38 AM
On 2003-04-19 13:33, BlackCanaryOfDeath wrote:
Okay Guile, I have lost what little respect I had for you.

He got kicked (the first time) for saying something about PKing. It could have really been taken out of context whether Zack_Morr was brainstorming about a new version of PSO or whether he was saying he would like to kill dupers. He just happen to say "I wish we could PK" right after arguing with someone (Xero?) about dupers. I think umipixie was right to kick him (because a kick is a damn warning, nothing else).

He got kicked (the second time) for coming back in and bitching. That is breaking rule number ten.

He got banned (the first time) for coming BACK in and BITCHING AGAIN. Cienna had the right to ban him for insulting the chops.

...and for this whole "lynching" business: someone said something like "Hey, there's that guy that called umi a Nazi! Let's lynch him! Hahaha." Then HumanHead started singing "Let's Lynch the Landlord" by Dead Kennedys. It was a joke made by someone (I honestly don't remember who said it, maybe Elvendar) and it got blown out of proportion...by you.

That is all.

Edit: It was definitely Elvendar. He was being totally serious about it, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackCanaryOfDeath on 2003-04-19 21:09 ]</font>

Like I said in the last topic like this, didn't you think they were joking? Also Zack if you were talking about Pking I would have kicked you too. I've been playing PSO since DC ver1 so I have sympathy for all those who know how much a PK can really hurt. I personally don't see why people have to cheat. Is PSO that hard? Are rares that important? Sure they are more showy than regular weapons, but unless you have something like a Lavis Cannon, Elyson, Yamato, or Double Cannon; the attack difference really isn't that great.

But I digress, Like Canary said, it's just a kick. It's not the end of the world. You can still comeback to the chat room, but not to keep going on about something. It's like arguing with someone and them following them home just to argue with them some more.

Saladwood
Apr 20, 2003, 11:43 AM
okay people silly discussion over