PDA

View Full Version : pso2updater.exe file is not updated

Atsushi
Aug 8, 2014, 06:58 PM
EDIT: After trying to fix this problem many times a new .DLL file appeared in pso2_bin folder but nothing changed still can't run the game

Hi guys i'm new to PSO2 or you can say i didn't even try it yet XD, so i registered and downloaded the game from pso2.jp and installed it ( tho the process took less than 2 min ) now when i launch PSO2 i get a message saying: I downloaded the latest version of the launcher And then restart. so once i click on ok i get a new Error message saying: has canceled the launcher of pso2updater.exe file is not updated.

After that i did some googling then downloaded @AIDA 's tweaker but nothing really happened i keep getting a message telling me to choose pso2_bin directory so i did

what appears in the text box:
C:\Program Files\SEGA PSO2\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin set as your PSO2 Directory. [OK!]

then i go to the orb Install/Update Patches => English Patch then the same message about selecting pso2_bin directory appears

any help please ?

what my Phantasy Star Online 2 Folder looks like

http://i.imgur.com/xckZPPL.png

what my pso2_bin folder looks like

http://i.imgur.com/KI5jlax.png

AIDA
Aug 8, 2014, 07:53 PM
Make a file called "pso2.exe" in your pso2_bin folder. The SEGA installer, as usual, didn't install PSO2 correctly. Once you do this, then select your pso2_bin directory again, and it should be fixed.

Atsushi
Aug 8, 2014, 08:15 PM
Make a file called "pso2.exe" in your pso2_bin folder. The SEGA installer, as usual, didn't install PSO2 correctly. Once you do this, then select your pso2_bin directory again, and it should be fixed.
It didn't really work i opened notepad and saved pso2 as an executable and i placed it to pso2_bin directory opened the tweaker then i chose pso2_bin directory went to orb => English patch and still the same problem its asking me for the directory

Atsushi
Aug 9, 2014, 08:22 AM
I'm still facing the same problem can anybody help ?

Atsushi
Aug 11, 2014, 05:18 AM
Problem has been fixed by downloading pso2 setup torrent made by aida and then patching it using the tweaker , thanks i also used ur id to register btw :)