PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Do you really need Xbox Live to play offline only?

2Xtreme
Apr 17, 2003, 03:12 PM
Hey everyone,

I have been hoping to buy Xbox PSO, but I only want to play it offline. Will I still need to subscribe to the Xbox Live service?

Please only reply if you know exactly what you're talking about.

Thanks!

Joe-Azlin
Apr 17, 2003, 03:14 PM
ummm actually i think i saw a thread on this 1 time and it said yea u have 2 buy xbox live even 2 play offline.

BlueFusion
Apr 17, 2003, 03:16 PM
Yes you do. The first thing it asks you when you boot up PSO is to select a Live account off the hardrive.

2Xtreme
Apr 17, 2003, 03:48 PM
Aww, that blows. I'm starting to rethink the whole 'getting a new version of PSO' thing.

Denny
Apr 17, 2003, 05:27 PM
Actually, you don't need need Xbox Live to play the game. If you don't have the XBL service but have a friend who does, simply ask that person to copy his gamertag to your Xbox.

As long as one gamertag is on your Xbox HD you will be able to play.

Tubbs
Apr 17, 2003, 07:20 PM
xbox live is on the disk

2Xtreme
Apr 17, 2003, 07:39 PM
So, let me get this straight...

If I don't have Xbox Live, and I bought PSOX, would I or would I not need to spend additional cash?

Denny
Apr 17, 2003, 07:58 PM
You would not need to spend extra cash as long as you could find a friend to copy his gamertag to your HD.

Tubbs
Apr 18, 2003, 03:24 AM
most people have xbox live and an xbox so its not a problem, but im pretty sure that xbox live is on the disk

silvermax
Apr 18, 2003, 03:36 AM
*gets a picture in his brain*

SO PSOX only needs to have the X-box live stuff put on your X-box?

[story time]
a while back my friend had to send his x-box in to microsoft for repairs, so he wanted me to bring my box over to play some online mechassualt, he loaded x-box live onto my box, but his cable was being its usual bitchy self and refused to work, so he gave up trying to connect
[/story time]

NOW all i would need to do is use what ever info from XBL that he loaded up, to play PSOx offline??

Hmmmm i may have just wasted 200$ getting my game cube and PSO, and mem cards..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2003-04-18 01:38 ]</font>

Danderdag
Apr 18, 2003, 04:11 AM
Yes you just technically need an xbox live account registered and installed on the box. As long as one is there you can leave the xbox unplugged and just play offline.

2Xtreme
Apr 18, 2003, 02:09 PM
Alright, thanks guys.