PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ex has 4 arms?

Fusionxglave
Aug 15, 2014, 02:14 AM
I recently Play the Sanctum quest for mesta and right when I fought Dragon Ex.

I saw on the side that he has two tiny arms near his shield arms or wings.

I have fought Dragon Ex multiple times but now I just recently notice his tiny side arms. Wow all this time I thought the shields were his arms because that was the first thing I notice at once.:-?

What are some strange things you notice then just finally figuring out.

Thank you for reading.

holmwood
Aug 15, 2014, 02:17 AM
I recently Play the Sanctum quest for mesta and right when I fought Dragon Ex.

I saw on the side that he has two tiny arms near his shield arms or wings.

I have fought Dragon Ex multiple times but now I just recently notice his tiny side arms. Wow all this time I thought the shields were his arms because that was the first thing I notice at once.:-?

What are some strange things you notice then just finally figuring out.

Thank you for reading.

Tis a dragon , not a wyvern. : P

DrCatco
Aug 15, 2014, 02:23 AM
Quartz Dragon has two little hands on his wings.

Maenara
Aug 15, 2014, 04:25 AM
In fact, Dragon Ex uses the same bone mesh as Quartz Dragon. Sega did a really good job doing a reskin/remodel for those two.

TaigaUC
Aug 15, 2014, 05:01 AM
It's kinda normal to reuse skeletal rigs. At least, it seems that way to me.

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2014, 05:11 AM
Who said Ex is a reskin of Quartz? I know people were bitching about it a lot but I don't remember there being any evidence of that behond them both being dragons. Do they have some shared animations or something?

Angry_Ryudo
Aug 15, 2014, 05:17 AM
It's great when it's barely noticeable (different movement sets, different poses and of course, different attacks...) and not so great when the differences are like with De Ragan/Zoal Gough, etc...

And I'd say that Dragon Ex has T-rex syndrome xDD

NoiseHERO
Aug 15, 2014, 05:26 AM
babby T-rex arms are the most kawaii thing ever though.

Fusionxglave
Aug 15, 2014, 12:05 PM
Tis a dragon , not a wyvern. : P

Wait what about the wings on its back.

Does that mean Dragons Can have more than 2 Wings. ^^

LonelyGaruga
Aug 15, 2014, 12:25 PM
In fact, Dragon Ex uses the same bone mesh as Quartz Dragon. Sega did a really good job doing a reskin/remodel for those two.

How do you figure that? Haven't seen anything suggesting they share models.

Who said Ex is a reskin of Quartz? I know people were bitching about it a lot but I don't remember there being any evidence of that behond them both being dragons. Do they have some shared animations or something?

They don't have a single shared animation that I can think of. Pretty sure even their jumping animations are different, but it's not like those are common enough to properly compare. Certainly, walking, attack, and death animations are all different. Even their spinning attacks are blatantly different, and that's the most similar attack they have. If Ex is a reskin, I guess Spardan A is also a reskin of Dagan, huh?

Does that mean Dragons Can have more than 2 Arms. ^^

No rule against that, is there?

HeyItsTHK
Aug 15, 2014, 12:59 PM
It's kinda normal to reuse skeletal rigs. At least, it seems that way to me.

It is.

Sandmind
Aug 15, 2014, 02:35 PM
How do you figure that? Haven't seen anything suggesting they share models.

They don't have a single shared animation that I can think of. Pretty sure even their jumping animations are different, but it's not like those are common enough to properly compare. Certainly, walking, attack, and death animations are all different. Even their spinning attacks are blatantly different, and that's the most similar attack they have. If Ex is a reskin, I guess Spardan A is also a reskin of Dagan, huh?

No rule against that, is there?

Model and skeletal rig are not the same thing. And I find it believable that they share the later, while sharing absolutly nothing else, model and animation wise.

I mean, a quick google search gave me this example (http://people.seas.harvard.edu/~gaurav/papers/armc_eg_2012/armc_eg_2012_teaser.png).

LonelyGaruga
Aug 15, 2014, 03:49 PM
I don't understand the reasoning behind your example being supportive of Dragon Ex and Quartz Dragon sharing their skeleton structure. All of those examples have rather similar body structures (granted, the lamp is abnormal, but it's pretty obvious comparing it with the others) and more closely match something like Breeahda/El Ahda/Blundarl, which are radically different looking but still blatantly share at least one animation, and, ignoring stuff like El Ahda's arms, are still pretty similar in overall body structure despite their physical differences. Dragon Ex and Quartz Dragon don't match that description in any form or fashion.

Sacrificial
Aug 15, 2014, 04:05 PM
The way I see it:
Dragons Ex "wings" are not actually good functional wings, but more of a rudimentary element. Ex' jobs are to guard the Sanctuaries spread in Amduscia. The spear and shield are the actual wing placement, but these have evolved to weapons duo to not needing to fly. His t-rex arms are his real arms. At least in the way how we picture north western lore dragons.

Sandmind
Aug 15, 2014, 05:06 PM
Honestly, there is no real reason to argue about this, but whatever. It was just an example of different outer model sharing the same skeleton and in this case, using the same animation. An animator can pick an human skeleton and bend it (including enlarging or shrinking part, similar to the wing on EX's skeleton) all he want and give it unreal animation.

Fusionxglave
Aug 15, 2014, 06:23 PM
Thanks Sacrificial I did not know that. Pretty interesting stuff.