PDA

View Full Version : Looking for S-ATK Units that won't destroy my wallet

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 15, 2014, 02:02 PM
I was considering the Gloam set, but every single Gloam Sign is insanely expensive (9 million+for a single piece.) Meanwhile, Forces and Rangers only have to pay like 4 million total for a Folly set. Does anyone have any recommendations for more reasonably-priced end-game S-ATK sets that I could make use of?

SakoHaruo
Aug 15, 2014, 03:00 PM
Blitz set+ White Tail. You need nothing else.

If you want to be even cheaper get the 9* version of white tail. It'll cost you around 5k - 30k total.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 15, 2014, 03:02 PM
Blitz set+ White Tail. You need nothing else.

If you want to be even cheaper get the 9* version of white tail. It'll cost you around 5k - 30k total.

I feel like I would have insanely low defense if I did that. And there are just some things I can't dodge. Especially if there's lag.

...Would I still get the bonus if one was Blitz and the other was Gloam?

horseship
Aug 15, 2014, 03:17 PM
Is that the price for an unaffixed gloam sign on ship 10? If so, that's quite awful. 9m for a fully affixed unit is not that bad though. I assume you meant affixed because folly is essentially worthless on ship 2 for clean units. No idea why it would be 4m besides affixes.

Anyway, 9m for an endgame unit isn't that bad. I would just suck it up and buy/save for it, or just use a crafted Blitz set. The defense difference is not a big deal at all. Crafted units lose resistances, but they offer higher defense than most 10 star units, making up for it somewhat. Even uncrafted 9*s aren't that bad though. The difference between having 900 and 1200 defense isn't very much in my experience.

And yes, you do get the set bonus with one Blitz and one Gloam unit. I use one fegali and one folly unit on one of my characters and can confirm it.

Shiyo
Aug 15, 2014, 04:08 PM
I feel like I would have insanely low defense if I did that. And there are just some things I can't dodge. Especially if there's lag.

No you wouldn't, extend the blitz units and you're just as tanky as having gloam, or very very slightly less.

Blitz|Blitz|Burn Tail is the cheapest possible sattk option.

Blitz|Blitz|White tail is affordable

Gloam|Gloam|White tail is never worth it for most players, very minor survivability increase for such a huge cost.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 15, 2014, 04:24 PM
No you wouldn't, extend the blitz units and you're just as tanky as having gloam, or very very slightly less.

Doesn't that erase the PP bonuses on the individual units?

horseship
Aug 15, 2014, 04:32 PM
It does, but you get the 3 pp back by crafting it for t-def so there's virtually no difference. You get 10 hp from a t-def crafted unit as opposed to 30 from blitz or 40 from gloam, but it's not a big deal.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 15, 2014, 04:56 PM
It does, but you get the 3 pp back by crafting it for t-def so there's virtually no difference. You get 10 hp from a t-def crafted unit as opposed to 30 from blitz or 40 from gloam, but it's not a big deal.

Hm... I guess I'll look into that when I get the chance.

Shiyo
Aug 15, 2014, 05:42 PM
Hm... I guess I'll look into that when I get the chance.

You don't have to look into anything, I told you what units to get.

Blitz |Blitz | White tail, craft blitz tech for +3 PP +10 HP.

Blitz |Blitz | Burn tail if you can't afford white tail, same craft thing. 5 less PP than above.

D-Inferno
Aug 15, 2014, 05:57 PM
There are also the "Newearl" ExQ units that give 90+ in all attacks and 5 PP for each unit, although you cannot sell them (at least at the moment; but given that they are in the ExQ shop, it might not ever be possible). Beats Gloam+Tail by 30 ATK, but 11 less PP. I personally am sticking with Gloam/Tail for now; maybe Ultimate/whatever will give some actually interesting units.

SamayouSamurai
Aug 15, 2014, 06:50 PM
I use アーム/ウラノスヘクサ Arm / Uranus Hexa set + crafted rear with Modulator, Stigma, Ability III that I got from abduction. You can use リア/アビスミニオン Rear / Abyss Minion from MB or リア/ブルブイレイン Rear / Bulb Ireen(+100hp).
Arm and Legs units has standard Quartz Soul, Power III and Spirita III.
I'm sitting at 144 pp. I'm a bit shy from 2K S-ATK.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 15, 2014, 11:32 PM
Not having much luck with the Blitz gear I'm looking for. But I did get a Burn Tail.

SamayouSamurai
Aug 18, 2014, 11:07 AM
Not having much luck with the Blitz gear I'm looking for. But I did get a Burn Tail.

Blitz drops alot from TD1/TD2.

Shiyo
Aug 18, 2014, 12:23 PM

Blitz units cost like 5k, just buy them. Burn tail is much more difficulty to get when you aren't prem, so you're set now.

JeckaD
Sep 1, 2014, 01:29 PM
Sorry to post here now, I'm relatively new to the game, currently trying to learn the ropes of the game.

I get really confused with terms like crafted/extend (think they're the same, correct me if wrong)

Just hit lvl 47 on my Br/Hu Katana Braver, I mostly play by myself with the casual random join on some partys for some bosses that I can't solo. For the VH missions I don't know how I should be gearing. Seems like my defense and damage are pretty low as now:

my equip consist of a 3star vita katana extended to +3, and a set of 3star units extended to 4. and a pure s-atk mag.

So my questions is should buy the set mentioned here (Blitz|Blitz|Burn Tail is the cheapest possible sattk option.) cuz im poor only 300k meseta. and I would see an improvement? and what about weapons? when should i try my luck with a rare weapon and extend it?

Also what is all the talk about abilitys like Quartz Soul, Power III and Spirita III, I dont even know how to affix them or if i have the money to do it.

Sorry for the long post, the help will be appreciated. Thx

Flaoc
Sep 1, 2014, 03:01 PM
for some reason im getting the full 120 bonus from luther set without a luther weapon equipped.. all 3 are spirita 3 power 3 and quartz soul so im not sure why im getting the max 120 for bonus instead of 60

Sandmind
Sep 1, 2014, 03:29 PM
For money need, Klotho got weekly Client Order (CO), that give great reward. Since EP3 launch, Daily Order now also give good cash reward (npc in gate area, left of the campship gates).

For units, it will vary on what you want and if premium or freemium. But you can get to start looking at them at this reference website (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/).

Edit: To Agent Falco: It's a bug, apparently it happened also to Elder units in the past, expect it to be fixed next maint.

Achelousaurus
Sep 2, 2014, 05:11 AM
It does, but you get the 3 pp back by crafting it for t-def so there's virtually no difference. You get 10 hp from a t-def crafted unit as opposed to 30 from blitz or 40 from gloam, but it's not a big deal....why T-def?

Also, I got a maxed Luther set with + pow 3, stamina 3, vol soul for one and pow 3, spirita 3 and quartz soul for the two others.
Paid 7-8 mil total.
Very good if you have terribad luck with Dudu and no unlimited funds.

Iirc there were a few similar ones left in the shop. But that was a couple of weeks ago.

Luther set has +40HO / +3pp per unit, 60 to all atk and 3pp as set bonus (twice with a Luther weapon) and every unit has 3% s-res, r-res and t-res.
With 257 for all defs.
Apparently Ringa set is also quite nice (though not as good) and comes with the benefit of looking totally awesome (I usually hide all units).

Sorry to post here now, I'm relatively new to the game, currently trying to learn the ropes of the game.

I get really confused with terms like crafted/extend (think they're the same, correct me if wrong)

Just hit lvl 47 on my Br/Hu Katana Braver, I mostly play by myself with the casual random join on some partys for some bosses that I can't solo. For the VH missions I don't know how I should be gearing. Seems like my defense and damage are pretty low as now:

my equip consist of a 3star vita katana extended to +3, and a set of 3star units extended to 4. and a pure s-atk mag.

So my questions is should buy the set mentioned here (Blitz|Blitz|Burn Tail is the cheapest possible sattk option.) cuz im poor only 300k meseta. and I would see an improvement? and what about weapons? when should i try my luck with a rare weapon and extend it?

Also what is all the talk about abilitys like Quartz Soul, Power III and Spirita III, I dont even know how to affix them or if i have the money to do it.

Sorry for the long post, the help will be appreciated. Thx
Sorry, you got ep 3 roflstomped.
If this was 2 weeks ago I'd say just do some tacos and you'd get 500k per day, 860 if you also add hard. Now tacos are weekly.
And iirc for XQs you need to be lvl 50.
Still, daily orders give nice cash even if on most days it's notably less than taco money and seems to take longer cause of random maps.
Anyway, Vol / Quartz set are very nice for melee if you don't have much money and/or no premium.

UnLucky
Sep 2, 2014, 05:17 AM
...why T-def?
Because:

you get the 3 pp back by crafting it for t-def