PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Secure OTP question

A Man in Flames
Aug 15, 2014, 10:55 PM
Greetings all,

I'm looking to setup Secure OTP to gain access to the extra 200 storage spaces. However, as luck would have it, it seems the Secure OTP app is not compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S5, and as far as I can tell, the app itself was lasted updated August 2013 so I won't hold my breath to it being updated to support newer devices anytime soon.

So I have two questions, more or less:

1. Does anyone know of any ways at all to get the Secure OTP working on a Samsung Galaxy S5?

2. Assuming no answer to the above, if I setup Secure OTP on a Blue Stacks instance of Android, what procedure would I follow to get it working on my actual phone assuming the app is updated somewhere down the road? I mean to ask, is there any sort of device transferring process involved if you use Secure OTP on one device and then switch to another, or are you strictly stuck on that device unless you make a new account. And while we're on the subject of Blue Stacks, anyone using Secure OTP okay with that?

Essentially I don't want to rush into setting this up on Blue Stacks and something goes horribly wrong and I lose that entirely. Any answers, insight, and feedback greatly appreciated.

Rain Walker
Aug 18, 2014, 12:50 AM
1. Does anyone know of any ways at all to get the Secure OTP working on a Samsung Galaxy S5?

2. Assuming no answer to the above, if I setup Secure OTP on a Blue Stacks instance of Android, what procedure would I follow to get it working on my actual phone assuming the app is updated somewhere down the road? I mean to ask, is there any sort of device transferring process involved if you use Secure OTP on one device and then switch to another, or are you strictly stuck on that device unless you make a new account. And while we're on the subject of Blue Stacks, anyone using Secure OTP okay with that?

1. Idk what error do you get when installing it?

2. Nah it isn't devices locked. You can use literally as many devices with secureOTP as ever with only one account. You just have to remember the secret question and answer each time you want to transfer (or i'd rather say restore) your secureotp account onto another device ^^ I've been using Bluestacks since the release of 200 storage spaces and just recently switched onto a real Android phone

A Man in Flames
Aug 19, 2014, 06:38 PM
I'm not getting any errors at with installing the app; what happens instead is after the app launches, the first screen pops up prompting me to create or login to an OTP account and no menus or other on screen options appear. That's it, cannot do anything with the app, it simlply loads the first screen and nothing more. Another S5 user reported the same thing in a review in the Play Store.

Anyway, since you confirmed for me that I can use Blue Stacks just to get started, I think I will do just that and very carefully record and store all of my account details somewhere, probably both physically and electronically.

Thanks for the answer!

windorf
Aug 19, 2014, 09:47 PM
I'm not getting any errors at with installing the app; what happens instead is after the app launches, the first screen pops up prompting me to create or login to an OTP account and no menus or other on screen options appear. That's it, cannot do anything with the app, it simlply loads the first screen and nothing more. Another S5 user reported the same thing in a review in the Play Store.

Anyway, since you confirmed for me that I can use Blue Stacks just to get started, I think I will do just that and very carefully record and store all of my account details somewhere, probably both physically and electronically.

Thanks for the answer!

It doesn't really do much. It's a very simple interface. Nothing spectacular. I was almost done setting up mine, but then I found out you have to use the OTP every time you login. So I kind of just stopped halfway.