PDA

View Full Version : BO stances

FerrickX
Aug 29, 2014, 01:33 PM
so, which to pick, elemental or break stance? Because i am currently running a DB bo build and i was leaning more towards breaking because DBs can't change elements

XrosBlader821
Aug 29, 2014, 03:03 PM
But DB's have elements all the time
Not every monster has a breakable part. Especially non Boss monsters tend to not have breakable parts
Imo Break Stance is the worst damage stance Sega ever made. Just grab 3 DB's with different elements and 50% of the time you'll be hitting for more damage. On every mob.

Kikikiki
Aug 29, 2014, 11:25 PM
Break Stance still does damage on broken parts, i.e Quartz/Vol/Ex parts. But alas, that's all it's good for.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 29, 2014, 11:28 PM
Elemental Stance is the way to go here. Above 2 posts sum up why well enough.

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 29, 2014, 11:41 PM
Since there is so much dispute right now, I have no idea what the perfect most balance build/class combo for Bo will be :(
I'm kinda wishing that things were as simple as they were before:

Class combo = Every melee or semi- melee class + gunner/hu
Top build = fury stance.
The end.
XD
But yea its not that simple.
I'm looking for a very balanced build concentrating on s-atk with both dual blades and jet boots with equal importance/use in both.
I'm leaning heavily into the standard fury hunter subclass so I can heavily rely on automate half line like usual XD

Any ideas how this may work out?

Which stance would be better in this case?

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 29, 2014, 11:51 PM
Since there is so much dispute right now, I have no idea what the perfect most balance build/class combo for Bo will be :(
I'm kinda wishing that things were as simple as they were before:

Class combo = Every melee or semi- melee class + gunner/hu
Top build = fury stance.
The end.
XD
But yea its not that simple.
I'm looking for a very balanced build concentrating on s-atk with both dual blades and jet boots with equal importance/use in both.
I'm leaning heavily into the standard fury hunter subclass so I can heavily rely on automate half line like usual XD

Any ideas how this may work out?

Which stance would be better in this case?

Hunter could work provided you use switch stike for your Jet Boots. Attacks and PAs will be fine, but your Techs may be a bit lackluster (and while you're focusing on S-ATK, techs are still helpful). Iron Will and Never Give Up would also make your BO fairly hard to kill.

Fighter's bonuses include T-ATK now, so that's also a possibility, especially with limit break. Just do your best to not get hit during that ^^;

I personally use Braver as I have a DEX MAG. I still get my full S-ATK rating, and can use crafted weapons with ease due to my high DEX. You can use Braver's Reversal Cover as a trimmed down Automate Halfline should you go with Braver. Braver also has Attack Advance you could take advantage of.

I can't speak for Techer or Force, as I don't typically play pure tech classes.

As for what stance, I'm gonna ask what do you mean by that question, as its a little vague.

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 30, 2014, 12:00 AM
Hunter could work provided you use switch stike for your Jet Boots. Attacks and PAs will be fine, but your Techs may be a bit lackluster (and while you're focusing on S-ATK, techs are still helpful). Iron Will and Never Give Up would also make your BO fairly hard to kill.

Fighter's bonuses include T-ATK now, so that's also a possibility, especially with limit break. Just do your best to not get hit during that ^^;

I personally use Braver as I have a DEX MAG. I still get my full S-ATK rating, and can use crafted weapons with ease due to my high DEX. You can use Braver's Reversal Cover as a trimmed down Automate Halfline should you go with Braver. Braver also has Attack Advance you could take advantage of.

I can't speak for Techer or Force, as I don't typically play pure tech classes.

As for what stance, I'm gonna ask what do you mean by that question, as its a little vague.

Elemental or break for Hu? Br?

Another thought, I haven't been able to log on for the past 2 weeks and I won't be able to until September, but what does attack advance do? Is it an extension of average stance or??

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 30, 2014, 12:14 AM
Elemental or break for Hu? Br?

Another thought, I haven't been able to log on for the past 2 weeks and I won't be able to until September, but what does attack advance do? Is it an extension of average stance or??

Elemental. Break only really works for enemies with breakable parts, and not every enemy has that. You do, however, have those nifty Jet Boots that can switch elements on the fly.

Attack Advance simply increases damage of normal attacks. Think of it like a perma Average Stance if you wish, just not one that applies to PAs. Its not connected to the Average Stance skill area however, so you could have that and still take Weak Stance should you choose.

Shiyo
Aug 30, 2014, 02:33 AM
BO only has one stance, break stance doesn't exist. Suck it up and get rainbow dual blades or use jet boots. Craft mastery, 100% crit as bo/hu and crafted weps make rainbow weps cheap and crafted ones usable now.

Chdata
Aug 30, 2014, 02:43 AM
Does braver normal attack up affect wand explosions?

cause iirc that's 2x damg right there

Shiyo
Aug 30, 2014, 02:44 AM
Does braver normal attack up affect wand explosions?

cause iirc that's 2x damg right there

Only the normal attacks according to Unlucky.

Gama
Aug 30, 2014, 05:47 AM
Thats why i think Te/Fi works best , its such a monster.

FerrickX
Aug 30, 2014, 08:40 AM
so how does this look for a bo/br?
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v2/skillcalc.php?08yAbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000008doib0000006do000000lo0 0000007oIn0000000lbqB4SGKI28GAJk0000jdobo4QfqorAr2 bsjJk0000j