PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board 17?

FeartheGreat
Aug 29, 2014, 09:25 PM
I just finished up Matter Board 16 and I see on the PSO2 Website that there is a 17th Matter Board, the last one in episode 2. Anyone know who I need to go see in order to trigger it?

XrosBlader821
Aug 29, 2014, 09:35 PM
I think you had to participate in a Dark Flaz Luther EQ and then view the tablet.

Maronji
Aug 29, 2014, 11:38 PM
I think you had to participate in a Dark Flaz Luther EQ and then view the tablet.

Incorrect. I didn't do this until well after I beat Matter Board 17.

The trick is that you have to talk to Xiao and pick a certain option before you'll receive it.

Achelousaurus
Sep 1, 2014, 07:27 AM
Where is Xiao?
Who is Xiao?
And which option (no spoilers please, just the # of it).

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 1, 2014, 07:50 AM
Where is Xiao?
Who is Xiao?
And which option (no spoilers please, just the # of it).

Same spot Xion would be

If you've done the story up to MB16, you'd know who he is. He's essentially Xion' "little brother," and when the Mothership Xion was on is taken over by darkers, a new Mothership arrives with Xiao onboard and all controls of Oracle the original Mothership had are transferred to Xiao.

I don't remember. :-?

ZER0 DX
Sep 1, 2014, 08:33 PM
Xiao isn't there for me to talk to so I have no idea how to go about getting it. Finished all story missions including the episode 3 one and he's not showing up.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 1, 2014, 09:03 PM
yea i cant find him either i talked to him once after the final quest but there where no options and i didnt get a board do i have to do the final quest over again?

musicmf
Sep 1, 2014, 09:09 PM
Yeah, he should be where Xion normally is. You would just walk up to him to trigger a dialogue scene. Similar to all other Xion/Xiao Matter Board collection scenes before.

Perhaps try running the Ep2-Ch5 story again? Idk if doing this will "set" the story to the position, making the dialogue appear or not. But it can be worth a try if no one else finds an answer.
I got the chapter directly after doing that quest. I had not done the Luther tablet yet, and Ep3-Ch1 wasn't released yet. So I had no complications at all getting this chapter unlocked.

As for the option... I can't recall. But he should be asking you if you want to investigate what happened 10 years ago? if not, it was about the 2nd Claris Cleas. Either referred to like that, or with her real name., and you need to respond positively (yes, got it, I'll do it, etc) in a nutshell.
I forget the exact words (I think it started with 大丈夫; but I did it quite a while ago so I can't guarantee that. Yep, apparently completely wrong), and the position of the choice (Although, I'd guess #1 cause that's almost always a more generic hero choice in this game).

ZER0 DX
Sep 1, 2014, 10:58 PM
If that's the case I hope i didn't completely ruin my chances getting it. I wouldn't expect them to completely lock us out of a plot element for picking the wrong thing but you never know. I'll just run the mission again later when I have the time and see if that works. I ended up picking the option that said something about Matoi at the end of it and I guess it was the wrong one.

Maronji
Sep 1, 2014, 11:45 PM
In case it helps, here's the text from the JP Swiki about MB17 (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E5%BD%BC%E5%A5%B3%E3%81%8C%E7%94%9F%E3% 81%BE%E3%82%8C%E3%80%81%E3%81%9D%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6 %E3%83%BB%E3%83%BB%E3%83%BB):

17枚目のマターボード。このマターボードからシオンではなくシャオが登場。
シャオはショップエリアのシオンの居た場所に現れる。
イベントの後、『協力を申し出る』と再びイベントが発生しマターボードが入手できる。
Text in bold is the choice you need to pick.

musicmf
Sep 2, 2014, 12:05 AM
If that's the case I hope i didn't completely ruin my chances getting it. I wouldn't expect them to completely lock us out of a plot element for picking the wrong thing but you never know. I'll just run the mission again later when I have the time and see if that works. I ended up picking the option that said something about Matoi at the end of it and I guess it was the wrong one.

If you already triggered the scene, do you think it's possible to go to the event chronicle and re-view the scene and pick the correct option this time?
IDK if it'll work, but it's worth a shot maybe.

ZER0 DX
Sep 2, 2014, 12:06 AM
Just redid the Luther story mission, didn't work. Xiao isn't there at all still. Really hope I'm not permanently screwed out of a matter board. The completionist in me is literally screaming internally right now. Also tried the scene from the Event Chronicle earlier and it didn't seem to work. Maybe I picked the wrong one, I'll try again shortly.

Edit: Still no luck from the Event Chronicle, also I should mention the choice no longer shows up as an option when viewing the scene again.

Edit 2: Turns out the scene I made a selection on was for the start of Episode 3. I didn't finish MB 16 until after Ep 3 came out, and I remember an option popped up shortly after entering the new shop area for the first time that had choices between Episode 1 & 2 and Episode 3. I picked Episode 3 when that showed up, so that might have screwed up getting MB 17. I'm guessing it was to skip ahead. I just hope it's a bug that Sega can fix, I really don't want to be stuck missing an entire matter board.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 2, 2014, 01:40 AM
Just redid the Luther story mission, didn't work. Xiao isn't there at all still. Really hope I'm not permanently screwed out of a matter board. The completionist in me is literally screaming internally right now. Also tried the scene from the Event Chronicle earlier and it didn't seem to work. Maybe I picked the wrong one, I'll try again shortly.

Edit: Still no luck from the Event Chronicle, also I should mention the choice no longer shows up as an option when viewing the scene again.

Edit 2: Turns out the scene I made a selection on was for the start of Episode 3. I didn't finish MB 16 until after Ep 3 came out, and I remember an option popped up shortly after entering the new shop area for the first time that had choices between Episode 1 & 2 and Episode 3. I picked Episode 3 when that showed up, so that might have screwed up getting MB 17. I'm guessing it was to skip ahead. I just hope it's a bug that Sega can fix, I really don't want to be stuck missing an entire matter board.
i dont even think i got to pick to begin with maybe theres something you have to do in the story quest to trigger it like kill a a certain mob or in a certain time maybe idk

ZER0 DX
Sep 2, 2014, 01:56 AM
Well, I'm not entirely sure when Xiao disappeared, was definitely either sometime shortly before finishing the episode 3 matter board or right after. I never talked to him directly when I had the chance to, so I didn't realize I had to select an option from him to get it. I'm hoping he shows back up by the fountain eventually so I can get the board from him, but that might not be until the next Episode 3 Matter board.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 2, 2014, 02:06 AM
would some who has gotten matterboard 17 be kind enough to go to the event viewer and look up which event it is and take a screen shot or tell me where at in the selection it is?

Shear
Sep 2, 2014, 02:07 AM
Check if you have the Episode 16 Matterboard selected, I noticed that if you choose earlier Boards the NPC Setup changes (well obviously since HOLLYWOOD TIME TRAVEL).

EspeonageTieler
Sep 2, 2014, 02:08 AM
Check if you have the Episode 16 Matterboard selected, I noticed that if you choose earlier Boards the NPC Setup changes.

cant select it if its completely done or at least i dont know how too

ZER0 DX
Sep 2, 2014, 02:19 AM
cant select it if its completely done or at least i dont know how too

That's actually my exact problem right now, all of my boards are 100% done except for 3 nodes on the Episode 1 Chapter EX board since they require rare bosses and enemies I haven't bothered to hunt down yet.

Check if you have the Episode 16 Matterboard selected, I noticed that if you choose earlier Boards the NPC Setup changes (well obviously since HOLLYWOOD TIME TRAVEL).

I kinda had a feeling this might have been the cause of the issue. If I can 100% this last board maybe it might set me to the latest board by default or let me select finished boards? Just hope I won't be stuck in ep 1 mode until the next board is out.

musicmf
Sep 2, 2014, 02:51 AM
I kinda had a feeling this might have been the cause of the issue. If I can 100% this last board maybe it might set me to the latest board by default or let me select finished boards? Just hope I won't be stuck in ep 1 mode until the next board is out.
I'm not sure what happens if you haven't triggered MB17....
But with all MB 100% Complete (Attached Pic 1), I can't choose any of the previous matter boards. So... idk

would some who has gotten matterboard 17 be kind enough to go to the event viewer and look up which event it is and take a screen shot or tell me where at in the selection it is?

Sure, See Attached Pic 2.

Going through the scenes again; I don't think the choice was DURING the scenes.
But rather you finish Story Ep2-Ch5, and you walk to Xion's spot. This activates the first scene (7/10); where you have Xiao question about Matoi's non-existance in any database, and what happened 10 years ago that everyone seemed to forget. He then asks if you will cooperate with him. (Scene ends)
I believe you have to go up to him, and press [e] to choose choices, and select "Talk" (Or maybe, the "協力を申し出る" option is listed in this context window already).
After you choose that, and work with Xaio, the second scene I have there (7/11) should play with him thanking you for accepting his request or w/e.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 2, 2014, 03:08 AM
I'm not sure what happens if you haven't triggered MB17....
But with all MB 100% Complete (Attached Pic 1), I can't choose any of the previous matter boards. So... idk

Sure, See Attached Pic 2.

Going through the scenes again; I don't think the choice was DURING the scenes.
But rather you finish Story Ep2-Ch5, and you walk to Xion's spot. This activates the first scene (7/10); where you have Xiao question about Matoi's non-existance in any database, and what happened 10 years ago that everyone seemed to forget. He then asks if you will cooperate with him. (Scene ends)
I believe you have to go up to him, and press [e] to choose choices, and select "Talk" (Or maybe, the "協力を申し出る" option is listed in this context window already).
After you choose that, and work with Xaio, the second scene I have there (7/11) should play with him thanking you for accepting his request or w/e.

well i may be out of luck then im gonna try activating ep3 matterboard and see if that lets me do it

and thanks

ok so that worked for me so if you already completed ep3 matterboard 1 you will probably have to wait for the next one to come out sadly

ZER0 DX
Sep 2, 2014, 08:33 PM
Well it is as I feared, I finished the last Episode 1 MB and now I seem to be permanently stuck with it selected. I hope this is just an error on Sega's part that they will address so we can actually switch between them. Otherwise it looks like I'm waiting for Chapter 2 of Episode 3.

genjen
Sep 4, 2014, 12:36 AM
i had this problem as well... i had to pick the ep3 mb, do the first event to force xaio to appear, then when he wasnt hiding from me, choose the 2nd option when you go to talk to him

the_importer_
Sep 5, 2014, 01:01 AM
I'm in the same boat , I just talk to Xiao (everything was in Japanese) after I beat the final boss of chapter but he never offered me a choice or a new matter board and he's no longer there. I too chose EP3 after the big update, so I'm pretty sure I screwed something up.

EDIT: I followed genjen's advice and cleared the first nod of EP3's board, it forced Xiao to appear, it's all good :)

ZER0 DX
Sep 5, 2014, 09:41 AM
I still can't do it though since my Ep 3 MB is already 100% cleared along with all of my other Matter Boards, so I can't actually go and pick the required board to get him to show up because I am permanently locked on Ep 1 board 11. I went back to finish off that board last since it required rare bosses and enemies, and was the only one I had left to get 100% on. Even after finishing it up the other day, I'm still stuck with the checkmark selected on it and unable to pick another board. So Sega not thinking that one through really kind of put me in a bind, unless there's some way to select a completed matter board again that I'm not aware of, I am completely screwed until they either fix it by letting us select finished boards, have Xiao show up anyway no matter what board is selected, or add Episode 3 Matter Board 2.

genjen
Sep 5, 2014, 09:44 AM
no, you only need to do ep3 to the point it forces xiao to appear, then just go to talk to him picking the 2nd option. then mb 17 will magically appear

the_importer_
Sep 5, 2014, 09:49 AM
I still can't do it though since my Ep 3 MB is already 100% cleared along with all of my other Matter Boards, so I can't actually go and pick the required board to get him to show up because I am permanently locked on Ep 1 board 11. I went back to finish off that board last since it required rare bosses and enemies, and was the only one I had left to get 100% on. Even after finishing it up the other day, I'm still stuck with the checkmark selected on it and unable to pick another board. So Sega not thinking that one through really kind of put me in a bind, unless there's some way to select a completed matter board again that I'm not aware of, I am completely screwed until they either fix it by letting us select finished boards, have Xiao show up anyway no matter what board is selected, or add Episode 3 Matter Board 2.

Have you cleared every other matter boards?

ZER0 DX
Sep 5, 2014, 10:05 AM
Yes, all of them are 100% cleared aside from (obviously) Board 17 since I can't actually obtain it.

the_importer_
Sep 5, 2014, 12:56 PM
Yes, all of them are 100% cleared aside from (obviously) Board 17 since I can't actually obtain it.

ya, I was gonna suggest doing another nod on any board, but so much for that idea. Well, only thing left is for SEGA to make another matter board for EP3 and see if doing a nod on that will get you board 17.

IceBurner
Sep 15, 2014, 10:34 PM
To unlock MB 2-6 after completing the regular parts of Ep2
1. Select Matter Board 3-1
2. Walk up to Xiao at the Shop level's monument
3. Talk to him with your interact button, you'll get a menu with 4 choices.
4. Pick the 2nd option.

The options are, in sequence, to chat with him normally, say you'll help him (gets Matter Board 2-6), ask him questions, or cancel.

Be aware that the board is pretty heavy on scenes and light on rewards. This is complete list of obtainable items:

10* Gae Bolg 30 ICE Freeze 4, Power 3, Ability 2, Arm 3, Spirita 3, Lucky Rise 1
1* Double Saber 50 DAR Power 3, Arm 4, Spirita 3, Poison 3, Lucky Rise 1
1* Launcher 50 FIR Shoot 3,. Arm 4, Spirita 3, Burn 3, Lucky Rise 1
1* Bullet Bow 50 ELE Shoot 3, Arm 4, Spirita 3, Shock 3, Lucky Rise 1
1* Rod 59 LIG Technique 3, Arm 4, Spirita 3, Panic 3, Lucky Rise 1
Tri Boost +50%