PDA

View Full Version : PC Killing PSO2 through command line or script?

Walkure
Aug 30, 2014, 10:30 PM
I get a nice performance boost on actual fullscreen, but I remember occasionally having PSO2 crash on startup and just hanging with a black screen. It was pretty rare, but pretty much always forced me to restart my session entirely to get rid of it.

I'm on Windows 8.1, so I can open the metro view and run a file, metro app, or whatnot, but the desktop view would just be fully blocked off by PSO2.exe's dead carcass. Task Manager doesn't have a metro equivalent (as far as I'm aware) so it can't really solve this issue in he future either..

I'd like to be able to run a batch file that just ends pso2.exe forcefully, but the implementations for other applications don't seem to work due to GameGuard. PSO'2s application is hidden from taskkill no matter what criteria I've tried. Gameguard is also hidden so filtering for that doesn't seem to work either.

What'd be the best way to go about this from a batch script, if possible, ideally without impacting other running programs? Or should I just deal with potentially needing to restart every time I wanna boot PSO2 fullscreen? It was a while ago so it might not be all that relevant to me now, but I'd like a solution in hand just incase it rears up again.

Edit: Alternatively, programs that, just by booting, cause GameGuard to freak out and close everything would work as well. Most of the examples I can think of offhand are games with launcher windows, and in this situation, I wouldn't be able to interact with the launchers. Could probably just try booting those up from a batch script though.