PDA

View Full Version : Is this supose to be like this?

Deathpoint
Mar 8, 2001, 12:56 AM
The first time I played online I got to the caves and then later quit. When I logged back on I found out that it didnt save my progress. Later I found out you have to play offline to have it save progress online. So I got to the caves offline and then later went online. The caves had been saved and I played down there for awhile. Thats when I went offline later to play to find out that it didnt save the progress offline? That is just too wierd. Seems that they are trying to make it as hard as possible to play. That means nomatter what I have to play the game through in one sitting? Am I doing something wrong? So there is no way to save progress offline. I must be doing somthing wrong.

rekonstruct
Mar 8, 2001, 01:01 AM
I think you might be confused as to how this game works. When it "saves" it only saves your Experience, and Items collected, Meseta, and uhh.... stuff like that. It does not save your current location in the game, meaning if you quit out in cave2, you will have to go through cave1 again to reach cave2. Its the same with every other area. Hope that helps.

Deathpoint
Mar 8, 2001, 01:29 AM
I beat the forest act boss offline and went on to the caves. Your saying that it wont save that progress? It saved it when I went online.

Shado
Mar 8, 2001, 01:36 AM
Your progress through the game is only keep track of, offline. Thus if you beat the Dragon offline, and then go online and beat the caves, when you play off line again, the caves won't even have been touched. Now, you'll have your experience, meseta, items, etc... that you earned online, but to progress through the story, you have to do that exclusively offline.

It's not a huge deal...trust me.

DudeMan
Mar 8, 2001, 01:37 AM
[addsig]"verdana">I'll try to help you out. If you beat the Forests boss, you go to the Principal. You then have unlocked the Caves.

If you start playing offline in the caves 1, get to Caves 2 then quit and turn the DC off, you will have to go through Caves 1 to get to Caves 2 again next time you play PSO.

In other words, you cannot permentantly unlock the Forests 2, Caves 2, Caves 3, Ruins 2, etc. These have to be unlocked in 1 sitting and will go away after your DC is turned off. Sorry if I wasn't clear, as I am very tired after spending 5 hours on a bus today...

<color="red">***EDIT***</color>

Aw, you posted that while I was typing mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif.

[addsig]"verdana" size="2" color="blue">SharpSniper:RAmar- White armor, black mask, and black hair.

Uriana:HUnewearl-Short blue shorts, blue top, blond hair with pigtails, and green eyes.

Find me in Mirana:4 and Titana:4 and 14</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DudeMan on 2001-03-07 22:40 ]</font>

Deathpoint
Mar 8, 2001, 03:33 AM
Thanks guys.