PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Podcast: Arks' Insight

Lostbob117
Sep 2, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hello, the first episode is released now. (sorry for the delay, had some technical difficulties.) However, it's now here!

Episode 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg248fkKC2w

Guests:
Azelyra(Arc)
strikerhunter

How to be a guest for the podcast
Just post here!

Do I qualify?
As long as you can speak English and have something to say, you qualify to be a guest. I'm not worried about speech problems, since I have them myself, as you can probably tell from Episode 1.

Feel free to leave any feedback here also.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 2, 2014, 10:58 AM
I'm interested. I was gonna start working on a longplay of PSO2 myself, as a preview for those interested and to go over the whole story. But I also wouldn't mind being part of a podcast discussing this game. Only thing is I'm in college, so weekends would be optimal for me.

What specifically would you be discussing on the podcast?

Lostbob117
Sep 2, 2014, 10:59 AM
I'm interested. I was gonna start working on a longplay of PSO2 myself, as a preview for those interested and to go over the whole story. But I also wouldn't mind being part of a podcast discussing this game. Only thing is I'm in college, so weekends would be optimal for me.

What specifically would you be discussing on the podcast?

Patches, content, Balance, etc.

I won't be discussing the story however.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 2, 2014, 11:01 AM
Sounds good to me.

I can't imagine there would be a shortage of people wanting to discuss balance and patches at least, considering the heated debates we have on this forum about balance all the time.

Lostbob117
Sep 2, 2014, 11:04 AM
Sounds good to me.

I can't imagine there would be a shortage of people wanting to discuss balance and patches at least, considering the heated debates we have on this forum about balance all the time.

Yeah, though some people that do I want to avoid NOT NAMING ANYONE.

Also, I want 3 people including me at least since it seems more fun that way.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 2, 2014, 01:12 PM
Yeah, though some people that do I want to avoid NOT NAMING ANYONE.

Also, I want 3 people including me at least since it seems more fun that way.

I think I know who you mean. But we'll... not say lol. ^^;

Vintasticvin
Sep 2, 2014, 01:38 PM
=/ Sounds like fun sadly I'm just an average joe who just plays not paying mind to balance issues and not able to run or experience most content due to managing a huge stable of characters but I do keep tabs on upcoming updates especially fashion updates :p

GHNeko
Sep 2, 2014, 04:45 PM
I'm down.

V:

:V

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2014, 04:48 PM
Oh, this'll be fun to listen to.

No, really. I'm actually being serious.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 2, 2014, 05:17 PM
Oh, this'll be fun to listen to.

No, really. I'm actually being serious.

Gasp! Its a miracle.

Nah I'm just joking. ;-)

Chik'Tikka
Sep 3, 2014, 12:18 AM
Don't be like EXP Full's podcasts and be all noisy with sound effects for 30 minutes. An intro should only take up to a maximum of 10% of the shows broadcast time (3 minutes for 30 minutes of content)+^_^+

Kinujou
Sep 3, 2014, 12:59 AM
i wouldn't mind doing such a thing, if i didn't have such a horrible voice

Lostbob117
Sep 3, 2014, 05:13 AM
Don't be like EXP Full's podcasts and be all noisy with sound effects for 30 minutes. An intro should only take up to a maximum of 10% of the shows broadcast time (3 minutes for 30 minutes of content)+^_^+

Don't worry, I suck at sound effects so none of those.

Azelyra
Sep 3, 2014, 05:39 AM
Arc here~
Definitely interested in helping out in any way possible, seems really fun to be completely honest. I do have Skype details and everything on the sidebar here, so if you want to talk feel free to ^^

Also, ingame information is on siggy sig.

strikerhunter
Sep 3, 2014, 08:58 AM
Although I won't make it every time, I can make to it most of the time (rl is rl, can't change that). So I'm game for the idea.

ChiffonFairchild
Sep 3, 2014, 11:08 AM
I'm definitely interested although I'm not big into the statistics and nitty gritty details of mechanics, but I am certainly enthusiastic about it.

Achelousaurus
Sep 3, 2014, 11:20 AM
I'd certainly be interested in adding my opinion (which I do all the time to everything I'm afraid) but I gotta admit I hate my voice when recorded and I don't think I wanna talk with everyone listening.
If I did I know I would cringe nonstop every time I hear it.

BUT I would be quite interested in hearing other people.
But preferably no super lengthy stuff unless there are visuals.
Cause hearing theorycrafting can only interest you so long if it's sound only.

If you turn it into a videocasting series, proving short vids of what you are talking about, it would be a lot more interesting, even if lengthy.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 3, 2014, 11:35 AM
I'd certainly be interested in adding my opinion (which I do all the time to everything I'm afraid) but I gotta admit I hate my voice when recorded and I don't think I wanna talk with everyone listening.
If I did I know I would cringe nonstop every time I hear it.

BUT I would be quite interested in hearing other people.
But preferably no super lengthy stuff unless there are visuals.
Cause hearing theorycrafting can only interest you so long if it's sound only.

If you turn it into a videocasting series, proving short vids of what you are talking about, it would be a lot more interesting, even if lengthy.

Seeing as I'm not the one running it, I can't say this is gonna happen. Also, we can't make videos about everything we talk about, and this me after looking at the topics I received. But I could definitely record when it comes to class theories (the only problem with this is I need multiple characters at a semi decent level to do this). If we split this recording between the people involved, I could see it work.

But hey, I'm not the boss, so I'm still unsure on if we'll even do that or not.

Nikoshae
Sep 3, 2014, 12:47 PM
I'd actually be interested in appearing on the show. I've always wanted to be on a podcast lol ... not sure how I am with availability, though; when I do have free time I want to play.

Gama
Sep 3, 2014, 01:55 PM
hm its interesting but... its probably best for me not to do a podcast , since English inst my mother language.

That latino accent tho.

Sexy.

Nikoshae
Sep 3, 2014, 03:22 PM
English inst my mother language.

That latino accent tho.

Sexy.

Hablame, por favor :heartcookie:

HIT0SHI
Sep 3, 2014, 05:11 PM
Hablame, por favor :heartcookie:

Inb4
"Hola nena chula, como estas? ;)"

:lol:

BIG OLAF
Sep 3, 2014, 05:59 PM
Gasp! Its a miracle.

Nah I'm just joking. ;-)

Hey, I'll take your lunch money!

Also, as for guests, I'd make sure it's people who are somewhat influential and well-known in the community for the first few weeks, then maybe ease in with the more "co-host" type of guests.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 3, 2014, 06:46 PM
I'd be interested in being a part of the show. When do you think the first one would take place?

Lostbob117
Sep 3, 2014, 07:11 PM
I'd be interested in being a part of the show. When do you think the first one would take place?

I'm hoping to release the first episode on Saturday. Already got the 2 guests. Though I'm still looking who would be interested in joining.

Vintasticvin
Sep 3, 2014, 07:32 PM
I'm hoping to release the first episode on Saturday. Already got the 2 guests. Though I'm still looking who would be interested in joining.

What are you looking for in a guest?

Lostbob117
Sep 3, 2014, 07:34 PM
What are you looking for in a guest?

They can talk about the subjects and aren't closed minded about something.

Vintasticvin
Sep 3, 2014, 07:47 PM
They can talk about the subjects and aren't closed minded about something.

Hm... I just might have to audition for this then :3

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 4, 2014, 07:00 AM
I'm hoping to release the first episode on Saturday.

Ok that's not going to work for me in this case. I'll keep you in mind though for once I get a few things taken care of IRL.

Vintasticvin
Sep 4, 2014, 07:03 AM
Hey, I'll take your lunch money!

Also, as for guests, I'd make sure it's people who are somewhat influential and well-known in the community for the first few weeks, then maybe ease in with the more "co-host" type of guests.

Of course this show is going to have elites on it only and maybe you too but only for your character

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 5, 2014, 04:50 PM
So we just finished recording the first episode (although we may have to repeat tomorrow because we can't find the file) but a few things I learned:

1. We may need a guest for fashion stuff to talk about it seems.

2. I'm able to kill GHNeko and make him burst into laughter

3. This was insanely fun to record.

4. We may have reason to fear a WB 2.0

It went pretty well, and even if we don't have the original file, the second time around will be a lot smoother since we know what we're going to say already.

EDIT: Also, Burning Rangers.

Naizuya Tatzubani
Sep 7, 2014, 10:44 PM
Ep 1 when?

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 7, 2014, 10:48 PM
I gave lostbob the audio file today, he has to edit it (also Skype was being a bitch when we were recording, so there's some work needed to be done). If you want anything more concrete, I got nothing. :-?

BIG OLAF
Sep 7, 2014, 10:55 PM
Of course this show is going to have elites on it only and maybe you too but only for your character

Uh, "elites only?"

It's clearly supposed to be a podcast for everyone, not just "elites." As for the quip about me, I don't know if that's supposed to be an insult or not. It's difficult to tell with you.

suzaku0zero0
Sep 8, 2014, 12:38 AM
I'm interested, but only available on weekends

And I'm on ship 9
And my character is a guy so fashion is kinda out the window

I am all classes though and can explain my play style

Lostbob117
Sep 9, 2014, 04:12 PM
Updated the thread title and the op with the first episode, sorry for the delay.

Sara-hime
Sep 9, 2014, 06:24 PM
Neat! I'll check it out if work is slow tonight (crosses fingers)!

BIG OLAF
Sep 10, 2014, 04:36 PM
Could use a bit more production, such as an intro, etc. Not judging or anything, there's plenty of time for improvements. Wasn't too bad for a first attempt/episode.

EDIT: Also, quick tip, try to be "snacking" or dicking around with too much extra stuff whilst recording. You want your background audio as crisp and uninterrupted as possible, for both the talkers and listeners.

EDIT2: Also-also, try your best to make sure there's no lag on anyone's end. I think it was GHNeko whose voice kept lagging and slowing down (it was hard to tell who was who, since no one actually attached a name to their voice when they were introduced, so work on clarity in that regard).

Noc Codez
Sep 10, 2014, 05:06 PM
I swear to god that one of them sound just like Christopher Mintz-Plasse the one that talks first is that you Lostbob117 ? omg it's scary in a good way loved him in Kick ass 1/2 and other movies he did.

Lostbob117
Sep 10, 2014, 05:21 PM
I swear to god that one of them sound just like Christopher Mintz-Plasse the one that talks first is that you Lostbob117 ? omg it's scary in a good way loved him in Kick ass 1/2 and other movies he did.

Yeah, that's me.

Lostbob117
Sep 10, 2014, 06:02 PM
Could use a bit more production, such as an intro, etc. Not judging or anything, there's plenty of time for improvements. Wasn't too bad for a first attempt/episode.

EDIT: Also, quick tip, try to be "snacking" or dicking around with too much extra stuff whilst recording. You want your background audio as crisp and uninterrupted as possible, for both the talkers and listeners.

EDIT2: Also-also, try your best to make sure there's no lag on anyone's end. I think it was GHNeko whose voice kept lagging and slowing down (it was hard to tell who was who, since no one actually attached a name to their voice when they were introduced, so work on clarity in that regard).

Right, I forgot to have them say their names. I will improve that for the next episode most definitely. I'll see what I can do for an intro (actually have an idea for it). Also, will avoid making other sounds. I was spinning in my chair and GHNeko started playing pso2 O>O

Noc Codez
Sep 10, 2014, 06:34 PM
Yeah, that's me.

LOL has anyone ever told you that you sound just like him ?

Lostbob117
Sep 10, 2014, 07:51 PM
LOL has anyone ever told you that you sound just like him ?

Nope, no one has.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 10, 2014, 10:33 PM

I recorded the audio, and Skype was being a bitch. My other thought I had was for all the participants to record their own audio tracks then splice them into one audio file, with the key thing being one person speaks at a time. Its too bad its not super practical. (If only we could physically meet to record...)

The lag worked both ways. when GHNeko slowed down for me, I slowed down for him. Le sigh.

Shit happens. Not much we can do about it at this point.

Right, I forgot to have them say their names. I will improve that for the next episode most definitely. I'll see what I can do for an intro (actually have an idea for it). Also, will avoid making other sounds. I was spinning in my chair and GHNeko started playing pso2 O>O

Also you needed a sock on your mic to muffle sounds, which I find hilarious.

strikerhunter
Sep 11, 2014, 12:14 AM
Watched the first podcast, it was fun just to listen on the conversation you guys had on the topics.

Can't say much since Olaf pretty much said what I wanted to say,

-If snacking is needed, I'd say either have a snack before the podcast or at least shut your mic when you snack so the noises doesn't interrupt things.
-If anyone is experiencing lag, static, etc. it should be best to mention it so the issue can be resolve a.s.a.p.

Noc Codez
Sep 11, 2014, 01:18 AM
Also try to keep things running smoothly don't stay on a topic to long oh and you should have special guests on the show that would be cool

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 11, 2014, 05:58 AM
Also try to keep things running smoothly don't stay on a topic to long oh and you should have special guests on the show that would be cool

As far as I understood it, Lostbob plans on cycling people through weekly, with him being the constant (I think, it'd be best if he explained it :-?)

Lostbob117
Sep 11, 2014, 10:24 AM

Basically what stealth said, I want to cycle through guests to the show that want to join. While I stay as the host, of course.

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2014, 05:28 PM

You don't even need to have them sound off or anything dorky like that. Set it up like this, for instance-

Lostbob: "Today I'm joined by Stealthcmc1974!"

Stealthcmc1974: "Yo!"

Lostbob: "...and GHNeko!"

GHNeko: "Hey, guys!"

Simple as that.

Also, in addition to an intro or whatever, some music beds during certain 'segments' of the show would be cool. When I heard GHNeko start playing PSO2, with 'Lyric For Everlasting Story' (the title screen theme) playing, I thought it would actually be interesting to have that song, or another Phantasy Star-related song just playing softly underneath your voices once in a while, to add some flavor.

Lostbob117
Sep 11, 2014, 06:11 PM
You don't even need to have them sound off or anything dorky like that. Set it up like this, for instance-

Lostbob: "Today I'm joined by Stealthcmc1974!"

Stealthcmc1974: "Yo!"

Lostbob: "...and GHNeko!"

GHNeko: "Hey, guys!"

Simple as that.

Also, in addition to an intro or whatever, some music beds during certain 'segments' of the show would be cool. When I heard GHNeko start playing PSO2, with 'Lyric For Everlasting Story' (the title screen theme) playing, I thought it would actually be interesting to have that song, or another Phantasy Star-related song just playing softly underneath your voices once in a while, to add some flavor.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking to for the introductions. Also I remember (Stealth?) saying something like that to me about music. I'll look into it.

Dinosaur
Sep 11, 2014, 07:21 PM
You need to write down all of the subjects you go over(in order, first to last) so people know what the podcast is going to talk about.

Lostbob117
Sep 19, 2014, 01:53 AM
Next episode in a few days.

BIG OLAF
Sep 20, 2014, 09:44 PM
Good, I was about to ask when the next one would pop up.

Cypher_9
Sep 21, 2014, 11:29 PM
I would like to speak on this - especially upon a certain subject matter~

Lostbob117
Sep 22, 2014, 08:21 PM
Episode 2 is out.

strikerhunter
Sep 22, 2014, 09:45 PM
Hohoho lol is that how I sound? Geesh I need a real mic instead of my built-in mic.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 22, 2014, 09:47 PM
Hohoho lol is that how I sound? Geesh I need a real mic instead of my built-in mic.

Blue has some good microphones. I use a Blue Nessie that I bought off of Amazon for $67 (Its normally like $100).

strikerhunter
Sep 22, 2014, 09:51 PM
Blue has some good microphones. I use a Blue Nessie that I bought off of Amazon for $67 (Its normally like $100).

Yea, good mics are kinda pricey and out of my budget. Not like I live anywhere close that sells good ones as well.

Anyways, being apart of the podcast was fun.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 22, 2014, 09:53 PM
Yea, good mics are kinda pricey and out of my budget. Not like I live anywhere close that sells good ones as well.

Anyways, being apart of the podcast was fun.

What is your budget? Cheapest I could recommend is a Blue Snowball for $45 or so.

Also, I enjoyed doing it this in the first episode. Its a nice community thing to do I think.

EDIT: @Lostbob117: If I may, maybe on that first post you have a link to the newest episode you have of the podcast, then have a link to a playlist. My two cents anyway.

Lostbob117
Sep 22, 2014, 10:08 PM
What is your budget? Cheapest I could recommend is a Blue Snowball for $45 or so.

Also, I enjoyed doing it this in the first episode. Its a nice community thing to do I think.

EDIT: @Lostbob117: If I may, maybe on that first post you have a link to the newest episode you have of the podcast, then have a link to a playlist. My two cents anyway.

Right, I was thinking of that. I'll end up doing that soon.

strikerhunter
Sep 22, 2014, 10:12 PM

I can actually buy it but college life.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 22, 2014, 10:16 PM
I can actually buy it but college life.

I hear that. I need to sell crap to be honest, if I'm gonna keep up with YouTube stuff. I don't get as many hours at work these day, though on the plus side, my work schedule is very flexible.

Lostbob117
Oct 3, 2014, 10:35 AM
Next episode is being delayed to align better with updates (Notice how there is always one a few days after recording?) and making videos for this are taking too long. So I'm going to audio only. It's pretty much that already anyways.

Zipzo
Oct 4, 2014, 09:47 PM
Oh, pick me, pick me!

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 4, 2014, 09:31 PM
After a very long hiatus, it looks like Lostbob is recording once again this Saturday for the podcast. Seeing as how it's been a while, he was thinking of having a fourth person instead of the usual three. That'd being said, who would be interested in filling the 4th slot?

I say this as he already has the other 2 guys picked.

BIG OLAF
Nov 4, 2014, 09:55 PM
Possibly, but it would depend on the time.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 4, 2014, 10:02 PM
Possibly, but it would depend on the time.

Same here. I have work this Saturday, but not for too long. I should be able to still do it.