PDA

View Full Version : DC: Questions about online play

Warloq
Apr 17, 2003, 10:07 PM
I've got a few questions about playing PSO ver.2 online with Dreamcast.

Where can I get a broadband adapter?

How do I set up the broadband adapter?

Blenjar
Apr 17, 2003, 11:39 PM
Dude, that's like years ago, hoop on an Xbox.
And sorry, I can't help you with what you needed.

-LordNikon-
Apr 18, 2003, 01:35 AM
That comment wasn't even necessary.

Anyways Warloq, I can help you with your question. The best place to grab a dreamcast broadband adaptor is off eBay, especially if you can find it at a Buy It Now auction. They are REGULARLY going on sale. They are however a tad pricey since they are very rare. Your looking at about 100-120 bux. I bought mine off ebay for $105. Search for: Dreamcast Broadband

As far as setup, its easy, just pull out the modem from your DC, replace with the broadband adaptor, and your all set. Jack in your ethernet cable and play away! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

From my own personal experience, spending the money to add a broadband adaptor to my dreamcast was WELL WORTH IT. There are over 25 games currently playable online for the sega dreamcast, PSO, OutTrigger, UT, and Quake3 are some of the most popular. Many games have small followings, but its nice to be able to flip on your dreamcast with some friends and play some games.

DC hardcore enthusiasts are snatching up broadband adaptors for the DC left and right, either for development, or for gaming. If you got the cash I highly recommend getting a DC broadband adaptor soon, before they become impossible to find, or the prices are ludicrus.

I am starting a site as well that will focus on a dreamcast online gaming community.

Hope this would be of some help, and if you do get the BBA for DC, drop me a private message on here and we'll throw down some PSO! I am currently play PSO v1, but even if your playing v2, v1 and v2 players can play together.

Hope this helped you out.

-LordNikon

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 01:37 AM
For the price you would spend on a broadband adapter alone, you might as well go for the fullride and get an Xbox or Gamecube. I think you can get a Gamecube for $100 (w/o games) at some stores. You will spend more, but you will be guaranteed to have people to play with on PSO since V.2 is almost dead by now.

PinkyBloodyArt
Apr 18, 2003, 02:05 AM
On 2003-04-17 23:35, -LordNikon- wrote:
That comment wasn't even necessary.

Anyways Warloq, I can help you with your question. The best place to grab a dreamcast broadband adaptor is off eBay, especially if you can find it at a Buy It Now auction. They are REGULARLY going on sale. They are however a tad pricey since they are very rare. Your looking at about 100-120 bux. I bought mine off ebay for $105. Search for: Dreamcast Broadband

As far as setup, its easy, just pull out the modem from your DC, replace with the broadband adaptor, and your all set. Jack in your ethernet cable and play away! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

From my own personal experience, spending the money to add a broadband adaptor to my dreamcast was WELL WORTH IT. There are over 25 games currently playable online for the sega dreamcast, PSO, OutTrigger, UT, and Quake3 are some of the most popular. Many games have small followings, but its nice to be able to flip on your dreamcast with some friends and play some games.

DC hardcore enthusiasts are snatching up broadband adaptors for the DC left and right, either for development, or for gaming. If you got the cash I highly recommend getting a DC broadband adaptor soon, before they become impossible to find, or the prices are ludicrus.

I am starting a site as well that will focus on a dreamcast online gaming community.

Hope this would be of some help, and if you do get the BBA for DC, drop me a private message on here and we'll throw down some PSO! I am currently play PSO v1, but even if your playing v2, v1 and v2 players can play together.

Hope this helped you out.

-LordNikon

Whle I agree with LordNikon, DC Online is not for
everyone, just the hard core DC fans. But it has the
the currently largest selection of different genre's
online now. I like to play SF online as well as pso,
but the best is a dating sim, if only I knew jp :}
PINKY

saffaya
Apr 18, 2003, 05:09 AM
On 2003-04-17 23:35, -LordNikon- wrote:

er .. no.
It depends if his/her setup is Cable/DSL(PPPoE or not), Windows internet sharing, or router.
On PSOv2 JP, I had to input IP address of my router for example. nothing scary though. And it's true that it may run fine on 'auto' setting.

saffaya
Apr 18, 2003, 05:10 AM
On 2003-04-18 00:05, PinkyBloodyArt wrote:
Whle I agree with LordNikon, DC Online is not for
everyone, just the hard core DC fans. But it has the
the currently largest selection of different genre's
online now. I like to play SF online as well as pso,
but the best is a dating sim, if only I knew jp :}
PINKY

What game are you thinking of when writing SF online and online dating sim ? Really curious.

-LordNikon-
Apr 18, 2003, 07:14 AM
Yea, d0h! I am not even thinking. Hehe, just assuming off my router setup.

Yea as Saffaya said, you might need to do some IP configurations depending on your broadband setup. All configured using the webbrowser cd. As Saffaya said "nothing scary".

If you do get the adaptor and have any problems just ask someone around here we would be more than willing to assist.

-LordNikon

Warloq
Apr 18, 2003, 02:19 PM
Alright, thanks for the help everyone... just one more question, when you say the following is small, like, how small? Will I be able to find someone to play with most of the time? Almost none of my friends have a DC and the ones that do don't have online, so I'm stuck with finding people by myself. I'm contemplating just buying a Gamecube now that I know how hard and expensive it's going to be to find an online adapter for DC, but either way I'm kinda broke and out of work right now, and I won't have a halfway decent job until like next month when I get my GED, so I'm just trying to figure out all my options right now.

-LordNikon-
May 2, 2003, 04:16 AM
Yea you can always find people to play with on PSO for DC. There are always people on. Its small compared to GC or XBOX but, Not small enough that nobody is playing. There are always people playing, and during busy hours, quite a few. I am very suprised at how active the DC PSO servers still are. Just the fact that you can always find someone to play against 24/7, is something in and of itself.

Need someone to play with? I'll play with you, i am on it a ton.

Let me know yo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-LordNikon