PDA

View Full Version : If you had the choice to resist an element...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 3, 2014, 04:42 PM
What would you pick, and why?

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 3, 2014, 05:33 PM
What would you pick, and why?

light.
because quartz glory rain.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 3, 2014, 05:44 PM
Dark, because this is what I assume the common causes of death from darker bosses are.

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2014, 06:04 PM
Light because lolpanic or lightning because lolshock.

They're the two most tedious SEs and being immune to them by extension of being immune to the element would be hilarious (enemies weak to elements are inflicted with that SE more frequently afaict, so I'm just assuming the reverse may be true...and for players too).

Otherwise?

Just give me more tdef pls.

GALEFORCE
Sep 3, 2014, 06:06 PM
Dark/Fire/Wind... for flavor.

Ice if we're talking mechanics. Freeze is brutal in this game.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 3, 2014, 06:14 PM
Now you got me wondering if somehow bringing up your resistance to an element would actually reduce the chance you get hit with the corresponding stat effect O.o

strikerhunter
Sep 3, 2014, 06:54 PM
Light, because the good side is never good.............(lol nah it's because I hate Quartz's stupid rain and Panic has gotten me many fails in the past)

GALEFORCE
Sep 3, 2014, 07:40 PM
Well, even if it didn't, it would at least allow me to survive the inevitable follow-up attack.

On a related note, I always thought our status effect boosting skills on fo ought to also add resistance to that element, and maybe the status as well. That would make them somewhat less worthless.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 6, 2014, 02:00 PM
Element resistance does not somehow increase resistance to the corresponding stat-effect? (light: panic, dark: poison, wind: mirage, etc)

Sanguine2009
Sep 6, 2014, 03:30 PM
assuming i resist the status aliment associated with the element as well bolt or ice, otherwise dark is probably my choice.

Rakurai
Sep 7, 2014, 10:51 PM
Freeze, because it's the only status effect that you can't remove from yourself.

Fighting the Gigul Gunnegam so much has educated me on how utterly rage inducing the status can be on something that has multi-hitting attacks, because it's entirely possible to get frozen multiple times in a row, leaving you unable to act until you're dead.

Sacrificial
Sep 8, 2014, 03:17 AM
Dark. Rip every darker and those poison turrets.

Hexxy
Sep 8, 2014, 08:43 AM
Dark. Rip every darker and those poison turrets.

I don't know about this. Darkers attack more often with non-elemental strikes. This would save you from a ragne disc barrage, but Zesh Rocket-Ass-To-Face would still do full damage. (as far as I'm aware anyways)

GALEFORCE
Sep 8, 2014, 10:52 AM
I don't know about this. Darkers attack more often with non-elemental strikes. This would save you from a ragne disc barrage, but Zesh Rocket-Ass-To-Face would still do full damage. (as far as I'm aware anyways)

decol tho

Achelousaurus
Sep 10, 2014, 03:46 AM
light.
because quartz glory rain.
This.
If not for this which will instakill you if you don't start dodging 0.2 seconds after it starts and continue until it stops, Quartz would not be any kind of threat at all.

Dark/Fire/Wind... for flavor.

Ice if we're talking mechanics. Freeze is brutal in this game.
lolwut?
Freeze is easymode.
You don't take damage except for a few select attacks.
In PSO1 it was brutal.
In PSO1 you couldn't dodge besides slow walking, so there was invincibility after a hit to allow to heal or get away.
Freeze took that away.
So it was essentially the same as not ebing able to move during Quartz Glory Rain.
Especially because a number of enemies did very little damage but with a high frequency.
Actually cause of shitty game mechanics this effect also kicked in without freeze, allowing some attacks to hit up to 10 times a second if your HP were high enough.

Rien
Sep 10, 2014, 04:27 AM
Freeze is easymode.
You don't take damage except for a few select attacks.
What?

Achelousaurus
Sep 10, 2014, 11:13 AM
what 'what'?
Just think of it, Freeze takes 5 times longer and can no longer be gotten out of by rapidly moving the left analog stick (that's stun now).

The only attack I can think of that damages you while frozen is Knight Gear's straight downward slash.
I don't get damaged by the shield, I don't get damaged Doritos or Luther or Elder when I'm frozen. Ever.

gigawuts
Sep 10, 2014, 11:45 AM
"Don't take" and "don't get hit by" are not the same thing.

Freeze doesn't miraculously make you immune to all but a few arbitrarily selected attacks.

Hexxy
Sep 10, 2014, 12:35 PM
Freeze also breaks on hit, and barely anything in the game causes it (falz arms, lol some tundra enemies...and... and... I can't even think of anything else). It's hardly worth being resistant to. Confuse is the only real dangerous status (and it's easily adaptable by using camera rotation to move instead of directionals), followed by shock (neither of which appear much anyways).

GALEFORCE
Sep 10, 2014, 01:40 PM
Doesn't change the fact that you could get combo'd to death after a freeze if you're not a hunter class.

Achelousaurus
Sep 15, 2014, 07:44 AM
If you get hit multiple times, Iron Will does almost nothing. All it takes is 1 more hit to kill you.

And I got frozen again and again recently, all I ever see is 1 dmg, if at all and that is with 5 mobs and a boss whacking away around me.

Dunno what you are doing to get instakilled when frozen.