PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Wo agrees PSO Xbox ROCKS

Blenjar
Apr 17, 2003, 10:37 PM
YOu worries about carryin' many rares/mags, fast game joinin', better graphics.
What else?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-04-17 20:38 ]</font>

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 17, 2003, 10:44 PM
region locks... more frequent FSOD... graphics are the same... region lock out... region lock out... oh and... region lock out.. oh and lvl200 in 60 seconds hacks which should filter over to the US version nicely..

unless they remove those region blocks my money stays locked away.. just like PSOX's players.

Thank u come again..

MonoxideChild
Apr 17, 2003, 10:44 PM
I think Xbox PSO rocks too. It's a completely different experience from the Gamecube PSO. I enjoy it a lot. I'm never looking back to the other version again.

VanishingHero
Apr 17, 2003, 10:47 PM
I fuxing agree it rocked, played Julap in some battle offline then we did a nice challenge mode, damn i've missed this game, I quit PSO app. 1 year and 4 months ago but shit i want it now

BeatZero
Apr 17, 2003, 10:58 PM
i like GC version more, the "improved" sound on the exbox annoys the crap out of me, and the voice chat is fun but some people are sooo annoying with it...not to mention everyone assumes everyone else is a noob and tries to explain how to play...yes i know my FOmar isnt supposed to do melee combat, but do u have loads of money to buy me spells and fluids?

Blenjar
Apr 17, 2003, 11:06 PM
On 2003-04-17 20:44, MonoxideChild wrote:
I think Xbox PSO rocks too. It's a completely different experience from the Gamecube PSO. I enjoy it a lot. I'm never looking back to the other version again.

Same here, now I'm thinkin' of givin' away my rares on the cube.

MonoxideChild
Apr 17, 2003, 11:16 PM
If you do give your rares away on the cube, let me have them. I know a friend thats stuck offline that could majorly use the items. I was going to give him mine, but I got corrupt. My Hunters License expires after tomm.

LunarShadowX
Apr 17, 2003, 11:48 PM
On 2003-04-17 21:16, MonoxideChild wrote:
If you do give your rares away on the cube, let me have them. I know a friend thats stuck offline that could majorly use the items. I was going to give him mine, but I got corrupt. My Hunters License expires after tomm.

If he's stuck offline, how are you going to get the items to him?

Anyways, I've played for approximately a few hours, and I can say that it really kicks ass. I have no idea what the improvements, besides the sound, voice, and 480p, it has over the GC version, but frankly, I do not care.

Plus, I have no problem with region blocks at all, none at all. I'd rather play with people who speak/type fluent English.

somerandomplayername
Apr 17, 2003, 11:52 PM
Voice voice and also voice. I was worried about region lockouts but there are so many people playing in the US it's not a big deal, plus I appreciate being without the japanese hacks and dupes. The new meseta noise is jarring but I learned to tune it out fairly quickly.

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 18, 2003, 12:15 AM
On 2003-04-17 20:44, RiGoRmOrTiS_UK wrote:
region locks... more frequent FSOD... graphics are the same... region lock out... region lock out... oh and... region lock out.. oh and lvl200 in 60 seconds hacks which should filter over to the US version nicely..

unless they remove those region blocks my money stays locked away.. just like PSOX's players.

Thank u come again..

I have a couple of comments:

Wow, region lock outs, big deal. get over it.

The FSOD rate is way down, in fact, not one person I have been online with has been FSOD...I have been playing my character for 10 hours, and no sign of FSOD or BSOD or whatever. XBox has surely improved the gameplay.

Oh...and the hacks? There is none unless they remove the wall between JP and US servers. So, your whining about how they should do all this stuff differently...well, news for ya. If they did things your way, it would just be another Everquest...pointless in all directions.

Now, don't get me wrong, all versions live up to the name, but the Dreamcast was a beta version to me when I compare it to the others, and it sure was the most addictive beta test of all time. Gamecube is awesome too.

One word for you mister/miss - Fanboy

Anyways, back on topic, yes, PSOx does rock, and it way better than everyoe puts it out to be. Wow, it costs $50 to get Xbox Live......$39.99 for the game.....$8.95 per month after the first initial 2 free months of PSO....I would say that true PSO fans don't mind, and I sure as heck don't mind. True PSO fans don't put other PSO versions down, it's a matter of common sense.

No hard feelings, but just get over it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alastar
Apr 18, 2003, 12:15 AM
<-- Gamecube Fanboi here. And hello to all GC PSO'ers, kinda new to this forum but I look forward to meeting you guys online.

*edit by Abdur*
We don't need fanboyish remarks. This is a PSO community, whether you play the game on the DC, PC, GC or X-box makes no difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-04-17 23:41 ]</font>

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 12:20 AM
On 2003-04-17 21:48, LunarShadowX wrote:

On 2003-04-17 21:16, MonoxideChild wrote:

If he's stuck offline, how are you going to get the items to him?

Anyways, I've played for approximately a few hours, and I can say that it really kicks ass. I have no idea what the improvements, besides the sound, voice, and 480p, it has over the GC version, but frankly, I do not care.

Plus, I have no problem with region blocks at all, none at all. I'd rather play with people who speak/type fluent English.

Not that hard. I would just take my memory card, drive over to his house, and let him take all of the items from my character.

ancutcho
Apr 18, 2003, 12:20 AM
i love psox and voice chat. talking is so much fun. being able to communicate is like pso's life. witout being able to communicate then there would be no fun in the game. all the people who try to be annoying and bothering people using the voice chat is no different then people typing offensive stuff. these type of stuff never bother me, infact i think they are funny and u need stuff like this in a game once in awhile. just makes me laugh when one person starts screaming or saying gay stuff and everyones telling him to "shut the fuck up". all the gc players are just jelous that psox has voice chat and they dont. if gc had voice chat and xbox didnt then i bet u would see all of them brag about how cool it is.

ALPHAM0F0
Apr 18, 2003, 12:24 AM
i like the way you think and speak Omni, very very very wise

rbf2000
Apr 18, 2003, 12:29 AM

GC version supports 480p, and surround sound (granted not dolby digital, but the folks over at factor 5 did a bang up job of figuring out the algorithm for PLII).

Heh, I might switch over to psox if no cheating comes about, the duping is getting a tad bit annoying on the GC version. But I'll just have to wait on that one.

Alastar
Apr 18, 2003, 12:39 AM
Very true Omni, I am sure Xbox PSO rocks. I love this game, I just don't like microsoft plain and simple and thought I would voice my opinion. My best wishes to all that enjoy it.

GuerillaPimp
Apr 18, 2003, 07:13 AM
I own both versions, and i fully enjoy the xbox joint a whole lot better. Even playing offline feels different. The graphics are just a wee bit crisper thatn GC's, but it's higly noticable. I haven't even found a frickin' photon drop, but I'm still happy with PSOX

-LordNikon-
Apr 18, 2003, 07:38 AM
Its great to see people getting excited over there new PSOX's, or any PSO product for that matter. However I just can't get over the amount of bashing of other platforms. As Omni said, PSO should be respected on all platforms, I mean its all PSO, and the fact that each system has its different pluses should make things that much greater. Not start feuds and flame wars. For example:

Dreamcast: Right now you could snag a OEM copy of PSO for 24bux, and a system with modem for around 40 bux. For a dialup user thats low on cash playing PSO v1 online for FREE is a GREAT thing, there are new users trickling in on DC PSO. Its not some megaboom but its still there, and developing, even if slowly.

Gamecube: Gamecube itself has an overall cosmetic advantage, small system portability, add a 5.6" LCD and the ASCII keyboard, and thats a pretty pimp little system, just drop it in a bookbag, jack it in at your friends crib and flip it on. Also it does have a 56k modem available.

XBOX: Voice chat, slightly crisper graphics(from what i have heard), some new sounds, and a different region setup that some people are seeing favorably. And its giving some people an excuse to buy a machine that until recently was only thought by many to be good for halo or mech assault.

Earlier, in another post a kid was asking some question about the DC broadband adaptor and PSOv2, instead of helping the kid, another xbox PSO player, told the kid to forget about DC and go XBOX. I mean I thought this was a PSO forum, not "look my setup is better than yours."

People choose their PSO console setups based on personal choice, interest, or circumstance.

-You can't talk trash about PSOX to a PSOgamer on dialup.
-You can't talk trash about GameCube's console size, if an xbox gamer rarely leaves his house to game.
-You can't talk trash about PSOep1&2 to a dreamcast gamer who owns his DC, and is 24 bux for an OEM copy away from being able to play PSO online.

Can't we all just get along? Its PSO WORLD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-LordNikon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -LordNikon- on 2003-04-18 06:12 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Apr 18, 2003, 07:56 AM
To all the people saying the graphics are slightly sharper i'd love to know what connection you're using from your xbox to your tv, i'm pretty sure that the majority of you will be using what came with your xbox which is a crappy composite lead(the yellow, white and red wires) I use RGB(basically VGA but interlaced) on my GC and the picture is pin sharp.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 18, 2003, 08:04 AM

Americans dont speak true english.. rather a butchered version of it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif... joking aside... most people in the EU and JP can speak enough english or are english speaking.. plus the fact that the keyboard adapter is there for a reason...

if you dont mind the region lockouts then your not getting into the whole community thing...

quick little edit here... just been talking to a freind on it and he says the graphics are the same apart from the fact that the xbox version is missing all the fancy pixel shader effects like the heat blur on the spells and telepipes etc... along with the fact that the Photonblasts from your mag look nasty because they are over saturated...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RiGoRmOrTiS_UK on 2003-04-18 06:36 ]</font>

Wewt
Apr 18, 2003, 08:40 AM

There's such a game? I thought it was a myth! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I highly doubt there's a game where there is even a majority that speaks fluent English.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 18, 2003, 08:41 AM
On 2003-04-17 22:15, Omni-SqwirL wrote:

The FSOD rate is way down, in fact, not one person I have been online with has been FSOD...I have been playing my character for 10 hours, and no sign of FSOD or BSOD or whatever. XBox has surely improved the gameplay.

Oh...and the hacks? There is none unless they remove the wall between JP and US servers. So, your whining about how they should do all this stuff differently...well, news for ya. If they did things your way, it would just be another Everquest...pointless in all directions.

Now, don't get me wrong, all versions live up to the name, but the Dreamcast was a beta version to me when I compare it to the others, and it sure was the most addictive beta test of all time. Gamecube is awesome too.

Anyways, back on topic, yes, PSOx does rock, and it way better than everyoe puts it out to be. Wow, it costs $50 to get Xbox Live......$39.99 for the game.....$8.95 per month after the first initial 2 free months of PSO....I would say that true PSO fans don't mind, and I sure as heck don't mind. True PSO fans don't put other PSO versions down, it's a matter of common sense.

No hard feelings, but just get over it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

dont call me a fanboy just because I can tell which versions are better overall.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif how is the region lockout gonna stop the JP hacking methods filtering over to the US servers.. PSO isnt the only form of communication..

and again.. dont accuse someone as being a fanboy.. I actually like my xbox over my underused gamecube since there are much better games on the xbox... however.. the xbox version isn't as good graphically or connectivity wise.. graphically because it looks exactly the same accept some of the fonts have a weird messed up ghost effect on them, and the pixel shader effects on spell and telepipes are gone.

Connectivity wise because most of my PSO buddies dont live in the UK and the spirt of PSO was to play anyone in the entire world.

you also may find it entertaining that I actaully own 2 xbox's over 1 gamecube... so if your gonna call me a fanboy you might wanna switch your views a little.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RiGoRmOrTiS_UK on 2003-04-18 06:44 ]</font>

saffaya
Apr 18, 2003, 08:45 AM
On 2003-04-18 05:56, Broken Hope wrote:
To all the people saying the graphics are slightly sharper i'd love to know what connection you're using from your xbox to your tv, i'm pretty sure that the majority of you will be using what came with your xbox which is a crappy composite lead(the yellow, white and red wires) I use RGB(basically VGA but interlaced) on my GC and the picture is pin sharp.

Lol.. I haven't used a TV for gaming for years ..
My DC gaming was done on my 17" IIYAMA monitor,
and my Xbox gaming on my current 19" monitor, in glorious 480 progressive.
(Besides, every Xbox owner using a 5.1 Dolby digital setup got a high quality video cable in the process.)

I'm sure your GC looks nice on 480p too. (must .. refrain from ... bashing PS2's ... lack of progressive games..argh)

Yosho
Apr 18, 2003, 08:46 AM
On 2003-04-17 20:44, MonoxideChild wrote:

I agree

Thank u come again..

EVERY PSO has FSOD if you didnt notice, I'd rather have FSOD and lvl 200 hacks then have people losing there chars lol and graphics are just a bit sharper true and region lock out aint so bad. awwwwww you need help with C-mode from the JP players?...stop your bitchin and have fun, and dont cry when your file corupts ok http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

"thank you come again" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 18, 2003, 08:47 AM
On 2003-04-18 06:45, saffaya wrote:

On 2003-04-18 05:56, Broken Hope wrote:

Lol.. I haven't used a TV for gaming for years ..
My DC gaming was done on my 17" IIYAMA monitor,
and my Xbox gaming on my current 19" monitor, in glorious 480 progressive.
(Besides, every Xbox owner using a 5.1 Dolby digital setup got a high quality video cable in the process.)

I'm sure your GC looks nice on 480p too. (must .. refrain from ... bashing PS2's ... lack of progressive games..argh)

bash away http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ps2 hardware is nasty.. good games though:)

BrokenHope
Apr 18, 2003, 08:58 AM
On 2003-04-18 06:41, RiGoRmOrTiS_UK wrote:

dont call me a fanboy just because I can tell which versions are better overall.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif how is the region lockout gonna stop the JP hacking methods filtering over to the US servers.. PSO isnt the only form of communication..

and again.. dont accuse someone as being a fanboy.. I actually like my xbox over my underused gamecube since there are much better games on the xbox... however.. the xbox version isn't as good graphically or connectivity wise.. graphically because it looks exactly the same accept some of the fonts have a weird messed up ghost effect on them, and the pixel shader effects on spell and telepipes are gone.

Connectivity wise because most of my PSO buddies dont live in the UK and the spirt of PSO was to play anyone in the entire world.

you also may find it entertaining that I actaully own 2 xbox's over 1 gamecube... so if your gonna call me a fanboy you might wanna switch your views a little.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RiGoRmOrTiS_UK on 2003-04-18 06:44 ]</font>

erm let me get this right, the xbox who the fanboys are saying is twice as powerfull as the GC doesn't have the distortion effects on the telepipes? or some of the special effects from the techniques?

Lucsdf
Apr 18, 2003, 09:00 AM
Hmmm... let's think:
No need to buy a network adapter;
No need to buy a keyboard;
No need to buy extra memory cards...

8GB HD RULEZ!!

Region lockout? Don't worry, if someone is missing talking with another countries, we brazilians r on the way. My PSO comes to Brazil in 28.04 and I have a lot of friends who bought it too.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 18, 2003, 09:02 AM
On 2003-04-18 07:00, Lucsdf wrote:
Hmmm... let's think:
No need to buy a network adapter;
No need to buy a keyboard;
No need to buy extra memory cards...

8GB HD RULEZ!!

Region lockout? Don't worry, if someone is missing talking with another countries, we brazilians r on the way. My PSO comes to Brazil in 28.04 and I have a lot of friends who bought it too.

i thought we were talking about the advantages of the actual game.. not which version requires the least cash... when computer parts cost so little these days I dont even factor that in as a problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RiGoRmOrTiS_UK on 2003-04-18 07:02 ]</font>

-LordNikon-
Apr 18, 2003, 09:29 AM
What is Lucsdf talking about? PSO for PC? XBOX?

-LordNikon

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 18, 2003, 10:07 AM
On 2003-04-18 06:41, RiGoRmOrTiS_UK wrote:

*doesn't switch views because their is no major difference that seperates each version apart*

I do agree with you though...Xbox is better for me in the sense of the controller. It's just me though, but I think I'm the only one that hates the Gamecube controller

Lucsdf
Apr 18, 2003, 12:38 PM
On 2003-04-18 07:29, -LordNikon- wrote:
What is Lucsdf talking about? PSO for PC? XBOX?

I'm talking about the XBox version.

PSO for PC it's the Dreamcast ver. 2 and XBox it's Ep.1&2.
I think all PSO it's a good game, but the best console version it's that one can offer more advantages, in this case XBox has the latest version and doesn't have memory problems.
We can download completely new levels, instead of little twists in the old ones.

Danderdag
Apr 18, 2003, 04:58 PM
Sorry, but the 'magic' of PSO has never been playing with foreign players for me. I can just log onto Everquest or something if I want to bicker with people who I can't understand.
I too own a GC and seriously dislike it's controller. It's comfortable sure, until you try to hit Z or use the Dpad, and it's too small. Dislike the lack of buttons (it has like 4 less than ps2 and xbox I believe). the Controller S is especially good for PSO though, since it feels almost exactly like you're using the good ol' Dreamcast controller =) That's the ooonly way to PSO.

-Tirith
Apr 18, 2003, 05:10 PM

With all due respect to you as somebody I don't know - 10 hours isn't enought time to rule out FSOD as a problem. I didn't have any problems with FSOD or any corruption on the GCN until I reached level 100. Actually, it was the day after I reached 100 that I started noticing FSODs and finally, corruption.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that 10 hours isn't a reasonable (in my eyes) amount of time to pass judgement on a game that consumes easily 10 times that to have fully enjoyed the gameing experience that PSO offers.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 18, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-04-18 14:58, Danderdag wrote:
Sorry, but the 'magic' of PSO has never been playing with foreign players for me. I can just log onto Everquest or something if I want to bicker with people who I can't understand.
I too own a GC and seriously dislike it's controller. It's comfortable sure, until you try to hit Z or use the Dpad, and it's too small. Dislike the lack of buttons (it has like 4 less than ps2 and xbox I believe). the Controller S is especially good for PSO though, since it feels almost exactly like you're using the good ol' Dreamcast controller =) That's the ooonly way to PSO.

after having to endure a game full of rude french people (Im yet to be in a game where they dont act like complete a**holes) I've suddenly realised why the region lock-outs dont bother you americans.. I hate how britian is part of Europe... are we the only sane nation in the EU?

All they did when i died was cast a telepipe on my corpse.. and laughed... I'd revive them with no thanks.. if theres a french force character he wont shifta or deband anyone.. even when asking nicely... if you die.. they laugh all the more.. I'm not condeming the french.. just every single one I've played with in PSO..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RiGoRmOrTiS_UK on 2003-04-18 18:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RiGoRmOrTiS_UK on 2003-04-18 18:23 ]</font>

SilencePSO
Apr 18, 2003, 09:27 PM
after having to endure a game full of rude french people (Im yet to be in a game where they dont act like complete a**holes) I've suddenly realised why the region lock-outs dont bother you americans.. I hate how britian is part of Europe... are we the only sane nation in the EU?

Yes.

Seriously though, the lock out for Japan doesn't bother me at all, Japanese people seem to hate Americans anymore, and if they want to feel that way, screw 'em.

Also MS has always said we are locked out from Japan, notice they always only say Japan? When it comes out in EU we may well be able to play with our UK friends (at least I hope so).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SilencePSO on 2003-04-18 19:28 ]</font>

Starman
Apr 19, 2003, 04:55 AM
I hope so too. Now just got to wait for release which is 16/23/30 (Sega Europe/Game.uk.com/Gameplay.com) of May, depending on who you ask.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starman on 2003-04-19 02:56 ]</font>

Malkavian
Apr 19, 2003, 07:55 AM
With it differences it rocks same as GC PSO.

And the other day we EU players were separated from USA and JP and that sucks!!!! But in Xbox is not a 1 day problem is like the game is >_<

Starman
Apr 19, 2003, 09:08 AM
That may not be true Malkavian, I have spoken to Xbox support and they told me that EU/US players should be able to play together.

Malkavian
Apr 19, 2003, 10:07 AM
That's good news, still no JP tho http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Scrub
Apr 19, 2003, 10:19 AM
Okie Dokie, people, I've seen this many times before..this is the old 'Sonic vs Mario' thingie. Nobody cares which would win, it's just which system they have. If you have X-Box, for example, many times you feel it necessary to defend your X-Box, and same thing with Gamecube, and PS2. Very many times has this been seen by me at my school. Stop your whining and complaining about incredibly minor details. If somebody likes the Gamecube version, this is most likely not because they are 'Playa-Hating' X-box, it is very much so likely because they don't have X-box, and/or don't have the money to afford one. And vice versa.

Bottom Line - Quit bitching.

Reenee
Apr 19, 2003, 11:13 AM
Someone should concur, anytime soon...

*happily hugs his Platinum Gamecube*

I just like it since it gives me dial-up. Sometimes blocking phone calls are a nice convienience. =(^_^)=;;

BlueFusion
Apr 19, 2003, 03:26 PM
Why do people have to lie so much? Stupid fanboys

PSOX rocks

edit: oh and my reason why it rocks... no 56k laggers on the server http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlueFusion on 2003-04-19 13:30 ]</font>

Polenicus
Apr 19, 2003, 04:38 PM
Well, time for my 2 cents.

Personally, all of my complaints about Microsoft have to do with their business model. They tend to be hostile, nasty and anti-competitive. and in markets where they HAVE created a monopoly, their product quality can quickly go in the toilet.

That being said, the Xbox is definitely a good piece of hardware. It also has a lot of good games, something the Gamecube is lagging dangerously on. I also feel the Xbox take on online gaming is the right approach, and Nintendo and Sony's laid back attitude about it is going to get them both KILLED (Which would be bad, because then Microsoft would be a monopoly, and the next Xbox would turn into Windows ME)

Still, I don't see all the controversy. I got PSO Gamecube mainly because it came out first, which is why a lot of people got it. The hacking on the GC version is minimal compared to the nightmare that was version 1 (NOL, PK, CK, robbery, induced FSOD's... ring any bells?). Sega definitely improved things. I LIKE the Gamecube version, and considering I've invested a huge number of hours in it, I'm gonna stick with it.

I think it's really WAY too early to tell anything about the Xbox version. From what I hear, most of the differences, as far as graphics and gameplay are minor, subjective and dependent on your home entertainment setup. As for problems... Xbox PSO will have teething problems and its own little quirks like any other version, and it'll really be months before we have a good overall picture of it.

Still, PSO on Xbox is a wholly GOOD thing, and I don't understand why people are bashing EITHER platform. I DON'T think people unhappy with GC PSO are going to find a magically different experience on Xbox, and I don' think Xbox players are going to be throwing their money away... I think we should all just enjoy the damn game. And hopefully what Sega learns from the Gamecube and Xbox experiences will make PSO Ep III & IV that much better for BOTH platforms.

Prime Out.

IronKnight
Apr 19, 2003, 05:24 PM
Ok... I just got back on the internet after playing PSOX for 3 days. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif MAN THAT GAME IS AMAZING. Voice chat is the most hilarious invention ever. Even the lamers who just run around saying "Suck my Dick" make me fall over laughing.

And the voice masking, done correctly, is truly fantastic. Alielle had this kick butt Lost in Space robot voice. And my best bud, Sean, had the funniest Krillin voice I have ever heard; let's just say he took macking the nurse to a whole new level! XD

Anyways, I run my Xbox on a High Definition Component Video Input Box; the best you can buy. I boot up PSO on GC with a component video connection and the Xbox version looks at little better. It's not a huge difference so there's no need to argue. Also, that distortion effect for pipes in GC looked so cheap.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 19, 2003, 06:04 PM
On 2003-04-19 15:24, IronKnight wrote:
Ok... I just got back on the internet after playing PSOX for 3 days. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif MAN THAT GAME IS AMAZING. Voice chat is the most hilarious invention ever. Even the lamers who just run around saying "Suck my Dick" make me fall over laughing.

And the voice masking, done correctly, is truly fantastic. Alielle had this kick butt Lost in Space robot voice. And my best bud, Sean, had the funniest Krillin voice I have ever heard; let's just say he took macking the nurse to a whole new level! XD

Anyways, I run my Xbox on a High Definition Component Video Input Box; the best you can buy. I boot up PSO on GC with a component video connection and the Xbox version looks at little better. It's not a huge difference so there's no need to argue. Also, that distortion effect for pipes in GC looked so cheap.

I was finding your post 100% believable and I really didnt see anything fanboy-esk until you said "Also, that distortion effect for pipes in GC looked so cheap."

it looks nice.. its not a big deal to most.. but it does look nice and doesnt look outta place.. fyi mr.fanboy... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Scrub
Apr 19, 2003, 06:41 PM
> Would everybody stop using 'Fanboy' in a derrogatory way? Oh, look, he/she has a system preference! Let's all call him/her names and make fun of him/her! I mean, how dare he/she like one system better than the other? What kind of heartless bastard would go and hurt the poor Xbox/GameCube/PS2/What the fuck ever's feelings?

JESUS CHRIST!

ABDUR101
Apr 19, 2003, 07:37 PM
On 2003-04-19 15:24, IronKnight wrote:
Even the lamers who just run around saying "Suck my Dick" make me fall over laughing.

See, stuff like that would'nt bother me. It's one of those things that you have to laugh at. Beavis and Butthead are stupid to the extent of being funny, and thats just how I look at people who act like that.

And that really makes me wish I were on PSOX. There's a downside to everything, expecially voice chat, but humor can be taken to a whole new level with it as well.

Also, that distortion effect for pipes in GC looked so cheap.

I did'nt think it looked that bad, but then it's not a big deal to be honest. It actually reminded me exactly of the distortion effect from that one grenade-type weapon in Turok.

And everybody, don't turn this into a fanboy war-thread. =

Beeach
Apr 19, 2003, 08:36 PM

On 2003-04-17 20:44, RiGoRmOrTiS_UK wrote:

Thank u come again..

I love the xbox version but I fsoded like 6 times now in 4 days.. it is truly a pain even offline it will freckin freeze, which costed me 3 rare weps 2 enemy parts, o ya back to lvl 49 from 52 and also back to forest after being in ruins on hard >.> i lost like 6 hours of playing it was like I did absolutely nothing.. and all the mag feeding, and shit... i gotta do the dam caves yet again.. the boring caves that take forever all by urself... i HATE THE CAVES!!! OFFLINE!!! ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beeach on 2003-04-19 18:37 ]</font>

GuerillaPimp
Apr 19, 2003, 10:33 PM
Would everybody stop using 'Fanboy' in a derrogatory way? Oh, look, he/she has a system preference! Let's all call him/her names and make fun of him/her! I mean, how dare he/she like one system better than the other?

There IS nothing wrong with having a preference of one console to another. What a fanboy does is puts down another console basically of his/her dislike of other system and not on facts.

And where/how is this FSODing taking place? Even on the GC i've never had a problem with FSOD. Are some people turnin off the xbox a lil to early when saving or something??

saffaya
Apr 20, 2003, 04:44 AM
On 2003-04-18 18:18, RiGoRmOrTiS_UK wrote:
I'm not condeming the french.. just every single one I've played with in PSO..

Well .. sorry you had a bad experience. Too bad we never played together.
Then again, I never play in EU servers.
Unlike others, the appeal of playing with foreign people is an integral part of PSO's fun for me.
Hence on DC, I was playing 90% of the time with Us pals, the rest mainly japanese then australian and spanish (hey Malk ! talking about you here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Wewt
Apr 20, 2003, 09:10 PM
On 2003-04-20 02:44, saffaya wrote:
Well .. sorry you had a bad experience. Too bad we never played together.
Then again, I never play in EU servers.
Unlike others, the appeal of playing with foreign people is an integral part of PSO's fun for me.
Hence on DC, I was playing 90% of the time with Us pals, the rest mainly japanese then australian and spanish (hey Malk ! talking about you here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Same for me. There were only a few other English(and a Scot, and that thing, Fireboy) that I'd keep in touch with, the rest were foreign.

PSO's international appeal is really good for me, that's one big reason why I liked it. Playing mostly Counter-Strike with mostly local players tends to get boring...

Edit: mmm, 3AM, typing in extra words for no reason

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2003-04-20 19:11 ]</font>

PinkyBloodyArt
Apr 21, 2003, 03:57 AM
A long time PSO player chimes in on PSOX, GC POS,
DC PSO and the like

DC PSO first, lets face it not only was the DC a
revolutionary platform (no not a fanboy, First 128
bit system buy over a year, best system ever at
2D graphics for fighters, built in internet ability
great sound, and VGA support) but PSO was a
revolutionary game, not only did we get to play
an RPG online, granted a action RPG, but we got to
get to know people from all over the world, for the
first time on a console. Not to mention addictive
gameplay : what other game have you played for
400 + hours. But like all new things, trouble came
in the form of FSOD, BSOD, cheating and hacking and kept the game from reaching as wide an audience as
possible. It still provides a cheap entryway into
the online console gaming.

GC PSO next. Improved version, with better security
and less hacks and cheating, better graphics and
a whole new adventure (funny how most games are ep1
after all the hours of it on the DC) The lack of BBA
and modems hurt at first and did the lack of an affordable KB in the US. Still can play worldwide
(love CMODE with the JP players). Note also the
difference in the DEMOGRAPHICS ( younger GC audience
less hardcore than DC)either a plusor minus depending
on your preference (age ETC.)o yea let us not forget
the corrpution problems

PSOX last (will we see PS2 PSO?) GC PORT but with Voice communication, wich is both a plus and a minus
( nothing builds community like talking and hearing
your fellow players, not even a KB, but words offend
easier than typed letters, they are more personal,
hence the building of a community, more personal
communication,{ better a phome call than a letter})
better policeing in the US (Microsoft agressive stand
on XBOX LIVE), to early to tell about the issues
of stability on the XBOX platform. Let us not
forget about not being able to play with the JP players (Maybe we will see a triveing CMODE block in
the US?)Best of all, never have I seen so many new
PSO players (good for PSO, though I get tired of
explaning everything)

you see each platform has add good things and
given us reason to find things to dislike but
the PSO community keeps growing :}

PINKYBLOODYART!