PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to Find a 10* Unit in Vhard?

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 07:26 PM
I already got the 2 possible ones from matter boards, but I need a 3rd one to trade for a pass and get my final piece for my armor set. What quest could I do in VHard that gives me the best change in finding a 10* unit?

Thanks

FerrickX
Sep 6, 2014, 07:29 PM
TD1~3 is easy enough

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 07:36 PM
TD1~3 is easy enough

Pardon my ignorance but what's a TD? I see no quest with such an abbreviation.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 6, 2014, 07:39 PM

Tower Defense. He's referring to the Mining Base Defense Emergency Quests.

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 07:43 PM
Tower Defense. He's referring to the Mining Base Defense Emergency Quests.

This has monsters at level 70+, hardly what I would call VHard, this is above SHard levels :(

Rayden
Sep 6, 2014, 08:03 PM

For some strange reason, most people decided that they would refer to the Base Defense events as "Tower Defense". So they shorten it to "TD" instead of "BD". No idea why.

This has monsters at level 70+, hardly what I would call VHard, this is above SHard levels :(

What? Base Defense: Invasion and Base Defense: Intrusion both have level 55 enemies on VH, and level 65 enemies on SH. Base Defense: Despair still has level 55 enemies on VH, and level 70 enemies on SH.

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 08:17 PM
For some strange reason, most people decided that they would refer to the Base Defense events as "Tower Defense". So they shorten it to "TD" instead of "BD". No idea why.

What? Base Defense: Invasion and Base Defense: Intrusion both have level 55 enemies on VH, and level 65 enemies on SH. Base Defense: Despair still has level 55 enemies on VH, and level 70 enemies on SH.

Perhaps we're not talking about the same thing here. The only place I see Mining Base is when I speak to Rebecca, chose Limited Quest and see ARKS GP2014 Semifinals. Under this, I see Monster Lv70+

FerrickX
Sep 6, 2014, 08:23 PM
Perhaps we're not talking about the same thing here. The only place I see Mining Base is when I speak to Rebecca, chose Limited Quest and see ARKS GP2014 Semifinals. Under this, I see Monster Lv70+

not that one, the emergency quest, it appears as a timed event, and the game will notify you of this.

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 08:24 PM
not that one, the emergency quest, it appears as a timed event, and the game will notify you of this.

Ah, that explains. Guess I'll wait for one of those then, thank you

FerrickX
Sep 6, 2014, 08:44 PM
Ah, that explains. Guess I'll wait for one of those then, thank you

you can check for the schedule in bumped.org/psublog

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 09:28 PM
you can check for the schedule in bumped.org/psublog

ya, I guess it's not in the next couple of days either, guess I'll need to check which monster drops what.

EDIT: Guess I'll go kitty hunting in the Tundra with some Rare Drop boosting.

FerrickX
Sep 6, 2014, 09:32 PM
ya, I guess it's not in the next couple of days either, guess I'll need to check which monster drops what.

you can stay online in game to wait for it as well, most of the time unscheduled EQs appears out of nowhere

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 10:00 PM
you can stay online in game to wait for it as well, most of the time unscheduled EQs appears out of nowhere

Bah, never mind, got one. 2 Kitty runs, 250% drop boost and premium deband drink did the trick :)

FerrickX
Sep 6, 2014, 10:14 PM
Bah, never ind, got one. 2 Kitty runs, 250% drop boost and premium deband drink did the trick :)

grats!

the_importer_
Sep 6, 2014, 10:16 PM
grats!

ya, and Dudu is feeling generous tonight, grinded my new gear with very little failures.

Achelousaurus
Sep 8, 2014, 09:10 AM
Mining Base defense usually drops you a couple of 10* units even in normal mode.