PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions before buying a GC and PSO

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:07 AM
The first PSO kicked ass, and now I'm thinking of getting s GC just for PSO.

I have some questions though...

-How's the hacking online? Are people messing up characters and PKing/CKing etc like in the first PSO?

-Can I get online with DSL?

-Can you get FSOD or banned or anything by accepting duped weapons (a friend is going to hook me up with some if I get online, and they're most likely duped).

Thanks in advance.

Axon13
Apr 18, 2003, 02:09 AM
the only hacking i know of is duping at the moments, and you can get online with DSL, but it might depend on your provider also.

sorry, but i can't help you with the third question

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:11 AM
-There really isn't any hacking online. Most of the worries come from the bugs in the game, such as FSOD and corruption (which causes you to lose all of your characters).

-Yes, you can use DSL with PSO on the Gamecube. Just make sure to get a Broadband Adapter instead of a modem. Just hope you do not have PPPoPE (the kind of DSL where you have to login to use).

-Nothing will happen to you if you accept dupes, as of right now. This MAY change in the future, but I doubt it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonoxideChild on 2003-04-18 00:19 ]</font>

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:15 AM
That was pretty fast.

The corruption kind of worries me,does this happen randomly?

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:18 AM
Not usually. It mainly happens when you join an already created game, and the game freezes up during the save. Since the game likes to double save when you join, it increases the chance or corruption. Also, you can get corrupted if you don't quit properly. I think it happens in a common enough bases to take a large amount of concern, but I don't think it should stop you from playing online. Just try and avoid overcrowded ships if you can.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:21 AM
Is there any chance SEGA will fix this in the future? Or are they gonna sit on their lazy asses and spill pepsi on the servers again?

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:24 AM
They are claiming to "Look into it" but don't expect anything from them. We learned the hard way with Version 2.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:28 AM
They did fix the pass break code, and they also fixed the....uh....hmmm...

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:29 AM
Exactly. I think corruption has to do with the fact that the Gamecube uses memory cards. I think corruption will be close to nonexistant on the Xbox version, but I could be wrong.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:31 AM
In that case, I'll get the Xbox version. When is it coming out?

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:34 AM
It just came out Wednesday. Even though you have to have Live! to play it, I think it's still worth it. It brings a new and unique experience to PSO, plus you don't have to wait forever for your game to save whenever you do something. Also, voice chat is a hell lot easier than typing out messages, especially when it comes to Challenge mode.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:37 AM
Thanks for all the info. I'm probably going for Xbox, if I can find a cheap enough Xbox somewhere (149 and under).

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:41 AM
I do know that they are selling new Xbox's at Gamestop for $190. I bet if you looked hard enough on ebay, you could probably find one for $140-150.

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:44 AM
Or..., if you don't mind waiting a few weeks-up to a month, you could probably buy a new one for $150. I do believe that Microsoft will be dropping the price of the Xbox at E3 next month when they unveil a smaller version of the Xbox.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:45 AM
I'm going to do a store search around here, maybe I'll get lucky.

If I ever get on, we should play a game sometime.

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 02:49 AM
Sounds good. I'm building up a RAmarl myself right now. She's at lvl 23 right now, with a lvl 59 mag.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 02:51 AM
I guess it'll be fun being a n00b again, annoying to get back all the rares though, but I hear they are easier to find in ep I&II.

Btw, Aare you playing the Xbox or GC version?

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 03:14 AM
Yes, they finally increased the rare rate in the game finally. It still isn't very easy to find rares, but it is easier to find more valuable rares in EP 1&2.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 03:19 AM
Damn, I can't wait to try ultimate. I hope it's not too easy though, because I've heard of people beating at at 120.

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 03:36 AM
That would be offline. I seriously doubt that they've managed to beat ultimate mode online. Ultimate mode can be pretty easy offline, but is hard to go threw online.

Dime
Apr 18, 2003, 03:39 AM
What's the difference?

MonoxideChild
Apr 18, 2003, 03:44 AM
The difference between offline and online is the amount of hp and exp. they have and give. When it comes to Ultimate, that difference becomes a large amount. While you might be able to go threw Ult. Forest in the 70's offline, you will need to be at least lvl 85 to be able to do the Ult. Forest without dying once or twice. That's how it seemed for me.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 18, 2003, 08:59 AM
dont worry about the corruptions.. if you play carefully and always bank your items you should be ok.... 250 hours so far and not a single problem.