PDA

View Full Version : PSP Looking for players

Jaspaller
Sep 18, 2014, 07:28 PM
I just got my hands on a USB WiFi adapter to use with my PSP and I'm itching for a partner or two to play with and complete the multi-mode missions. This will be on Xlink Kai (Since I don't have a PS3)

Just to be clear, this is for Phantasy Star Portable 1, not 2 or Infinity. And this is on Xlink Kai

I'm posting in this section because I believe I'll get more hits here than in player matchup.

DJcooltrainer
Sep 20, 2014, 09:08 AM
I actually just started playing through PSP 1 for the first time, I'd be up to play some games sometime. I'm at work right now, but I'll shoot you a PM.

Haseo_The_Terror
Nov 10, 2014, 09:48 PM
i have never played the game online before so would like some help with it also

Jaspaller
Nov 10, 2014, 11:13 PM
i have never played the game online before so would like some help with it also
You need two things. Xlinkkai, and a compatible USB adapter. Without those you can't play PSP1 online.

Haseo_The_Terror
Nov 11, 2014, 09:04 AM
really what is Xlinkkai and i use the PS3 charging cable as a USB adapter so far

Sara-hime
Nov 11, 2014, 01:40 PM
If you guys have a PS3 (that isn't an early model 20GB due to it's lack of wireless), couldn't you also try the Ad-Hoc Party app? I played quite a few PSP games (Monster Hunter, God Eater Burst) online that way as well!

Haseo_The_Terror
Nov 11, 2014, 05:37 PM
what is the ad-hoc party app and is it a free download

Sara-hime
Nov 11, 2014, 08:52 PM
It sure is although my PS3 suffers from the Yellow Light of Death at the moment, so I can't go on a see if it's still available.

But this video at least shows you how to get it on the modern PS3 Playstation Store and while he's using a Vita, it's pretty much the same on a PSP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDH-lhWqhXU

Just make sure:

1) Your PS3 is hooked up with a wired connection. That's why a early model 1 20GB will not cut it. It needs it's wireless connection so it can transmit to the PSP/Vita to spoof a local connection.

2) When you get to the World screen and choose a lobby, and nobody is playing PSPo1, hit triangle for options and you can create a room yourself, and then once inside a room, start multiplayer on your PSP or Vita and...wait for your friends to join! :)

I'd tutorial now if my PS3 was working, but alas. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Haseo_The_Terror
Nov 12, 2014, 07:20 PM
as long as that app is free then i will get it and i have a wireless connection since im on a laptop im needing to use a wireless connection i also live in the country

Sara-hime
Nov 15, 2014, 08:21 PM
If you can't find it on the PS3's new archaic PSN store, download it by logging in to the PSN webstore instead.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/adhoc-party/cid=UP9000-NPUA70069_00-ADHOCPARTY000000

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 15, 2014, 09:00 PM
If you can't find it on the PS3's new archaic PSN store, download it by logging in to the PSN webstore instead.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/adhoc-party/cid=UP9000-NPUA70069_00-ADHOCPARTY000000

Honestly best thing ever for PSP games. Used it for MGS PW till the HD collection came out, and people used it for Monster Hunter as well.

Sara-hime
Nov 15, 2014, 11:28 PM
Yeah, Monster Hunter and even a few games of God Eater Burst for a few days was just plain awesome! :)

thesourcehim
Dec 25, 2014, 04:04 AM
Hi! I'm looking for PS:P players too. I'm using adhoc party plus on ps3, but up until now I couldn't find anyone playing PS:P there. I want to get last 3 achievements to get PS Perfect (Neudaiz tourist, Creature master, Not the only hero) and all S rank in mission log, I can help leveling/farming/achievement hunting too. PM me if you want to play.