PDA

View Full Version : Sedyne's GameCube Vs. Xbox PSO Comp.

Sedyne
Apr 18, 2003, 12:21 PM
This in no way is judgining because of fanboyism...i'm going to state some facts here..

What XBox Does that GameCube Doesn't:
-Loading times are noticeably faster by about 3-5 seconsd.
-Online it doesn't save data nearly as much as it does on gamecube. It only saves when signing off and entering a game (1 save not a double).
-The headphone set is somewhat nice but what is somewhat annoying about it is in game its hard to tell who's talking because there is no icon as to whose talking during the game. However, it's easier to strategize with it because you can tlak while playing instead of typing while stopping.
-FSOD seems never to delete your inventory except meseta, however it occurs almost every other day.

GameCube has over Xbox:
-The keyboard useage. Many more people use a keyboard than on Xbox, and the keyboard in lobbies is MUCH better because you allways know whos talking. With Live you can't tell.
-Universal servers. You can join up with people accross the glove, which you can't do in Xbox. Now this presents a problem, because there are so many n00bs to C mode on xbox that its a pain in the arse to find people ready to get into it.
-Developing relationships with friends is much easier on this version because of the keyboard. I've gotten about 20 guild cards allready and I don't IM anyone because its a pain in the ass typin everything, so we seem to play with all random people every time. not that meeting new people isnt good but...i do like having close pso friends....and i've yet to meet anyone thats from psow except for like 3 people.

Lucsdf
Apr 18, 2003, 12:56 PM
GameCube has over Xbox:
-The keyboard useage. Many more people use a keyboard than on Xbox, and the keyboard in lobbies is MUCH better because you allways know whos talking. With Live you can't tell.

Well it's not a problem at all, because Sega offers a keyboard adaptor to use with USB versions.

-Universal servers. You can join up with people accross the glove, which you can't do in Xbox. Now this presents a problem, because there are so many n00bs to C mode on xbox that its a pain in the arse to find people ready to get into it.

Like I said before u can play with people from another countries... U can notice with my baaaad english, he he. I use XBox Live from Brazil and I have 81 pals in my friends list, all brazilians, and I think another countries from south america can join us too.

-Developing relationships with friends is much easier on this version because of the keyboard. I've gotten about 20 guild cards allready and I don't IM anyone because its a pain in the ass typin everything, so we seem to play with all random people every time. not that meeting new people isnt good but...i do like having close pso friends....and i've yet to meet anyone thats from psow except for like 3 people.

Another keyboard question, again it's not a problem like I told before.

TerribleDeliMeat
Apr 18, 2003, 02:06 PM
I only my keyboard for simple mail now.

Voice makes it nearly obselete now.

However, I do wish there was an icon or something that would appear next to a character's name when he/she spoke.

And thank goodness you can mute folks without putting them on your friends list. Word to the wise, make sure your voice mask is off

kyori
Apr 18, 2003, 02:37 PM
[quote]Like I said before u can play with people from another countries... U can notice with my baaaad english, he he. I use XBox Live from Brazil and I have 81 pals in my friends list, all brazilians, and I think another countries from south america can join us too. [/quote
Only if your friends were using US PSOX, elsewise it's region limited, no JPN/Euro server access.

Bluedeath
Apr 18, 2003, 02:53 PM
ummm with the head set u actually hear people talk? thats pretty cool i was thinkin that u talked into it and it made words or somethin, i kinda want a headset for my GC now that would be fun......*Evil Laugh* muahahahaha

MilkManX
Apr 18, 2003, 04:32 PM
All I have to say is that with the headset there was alot more communicating,less dying(IE Help me this Chark is kickin my arse!) and overall more fun. I have owned PSO DC,PSO Ver 2 DC,PSO I+II GCN and now PSOX. PSOX is the best version imo due to the voice and the much faster load times.

Danderdag
Apr 18, 2003, 04:49 PM
The last gamecube positive makes no sense to me...sounds rather fanboyish. It definately is true that there are alot of newbies, but that's cool, I think it's pretty fun to be a lowly level 15ish character and be able to teach stuff to people higher than me just from years of experience.
I don't generally have a problem figuring out who is talking if you've been playing for more than 5 minutes. Most people sound relatively distinct.

Alastar
Apr 18, 2003, 07:07 PM
On 2003-04-18 14:49, Danderdag wrote:
The last gamecube positive makes no sense to me...sounds rather fanboyish.

Haha, every time this guys posts he is trying to put down the GC... sounds rather fanboyish. Perhaps he is just bitter because the 'PORT' from the gamecube to the xbox wasn't all its cracked up to be. Where the hell did this annoying as hell term 'fanboy' come from anyway?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alastar on 2003-04-18 17:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alastar on 2003-04-18 17:19 ]</font>

Vitamin_D
Apr 18, 2003, 07:53 PM
Where the hell did this annoying as hell term 'fanboy' come from anyway?

...That is a GREAT question. I wonder myself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sedyne
Apr 18, 2003, 11:08 PM
On 2003-04-18 17:07, Alastar wrote:

On 2003-04-18 14:49, Danderdag wrote:
The last gamecube positive makes no sense to me...sounds rather fanboyish.

Haha, every time this guys posts he is trying to put down the GC... sounds rather fanboyish. Perhaps he is just bitter because the 'PORT' from the gamecube to the xbox wasn't all its cracked up to be. Where the hell did this annoying as hell term 'fanboy' come from anyway?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alastar on 2003-04-18 17:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alastar on 2003-04-18 17:19 ]</font>

actaully i was supporting the gamecube one in this topic...ass. giving it the upper hand because more people use the keyboard on it. and to counter that fools arguement above about the Xbox having the USB keyboard adapter...yeah I'm aware it can use the keyboard, but the point is....90% of the pople that play on xbox WONT use the keyboard because its waste. In my opinion everyone using a keyboard was a much more happy, fun enviorment than the voice chat.

bashing the gamecube? I think not. i just gave it the upperhand in general for the day. If GameCube cheatnig wasnt as far out of hand....id definitly recommned gamecubes version over this way, because the voice chat can easily aggrivate people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-04-18 21:10 ]</font>

Jube3
Apr 19, 2003, 12:43 AM
He was quoting danderdag not you man lol.

Starman
Apr 19, 2003, 04:34 AM
id definitly recommned gamecubes version over this way, because the voice chat can easily aggrivate people.

Well you can always unplug the headset http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mistghost
Apr 19, 2003, 06:29 AM
Okay, well, seeing as to how most people type online, I would much rather NOT use voice chat. I mean think about it. "I'll kick joor arse noob"? Is this the reason you are looking forward to communicating with many(but not all) other people online? I'd rather stick to text and ignore those who can not type correctly.

P.S. Why is everyone so hyped about the graphics revamp? It's about the GAME not the looks. Get some taste. Or go back to your DOA: Beach Volleyball.

BrokenHope
Apr 19, 2003, 07:23 AM
On 2003-04-19 04:29, mistghost wrote:
Okay, well, seeing as to how most people type online, I would much rather NOT use voice chat. I mean think about it. "I'll kick joor arse noob"? Is this the reason you are looking forward to communicating with many(but not all) other people online? I'd rather stick to text and ignore those who can not type correctly.

P.S. Why is everyone so hyped about the graphics revamp? It's about the GAME not the looks. Get some taste. Or go back to your DOA: Beach Volleyball.

Thing is by the sound of it the graphics are WORSE, if they really have taken out the telepipe distortion effects and the heat haze from the high level fire techs then it definatly won't look better than GC version even if it is a little sharper.

Malkavian
Apr 19, 2003, 07:25 AM
I think... stop about comparisons is the same freakin game with insignificant differences.