PDA

View Full Version : "Bottom of the Heart" = Del Lily?

Richard
Apr 18, 2003, 01:24 PM
This is just a guess...

I've heard quite a bit about the fabled Del Lily, a rare monster which hasn't been released yet, and according to the front page, "You will also be possibly facing a new enemy" in the soon-to-be-released quest "Bottom of the Heart." Now, because it says possibly, it means it's not a guarteed thing, so it'll probably be in the form of a rare monster. Looking at the first picture on the front page, you can see this quest will involve the VR Temple.

I'm thinking the Del Lily will replace the Nar/Mil Lily while doing this quest. What it will drop, I don't know. It'll probably have it's own rare drop, just like the rare Mericarols (Mericus and Merikle), but, just like the rare Mericarols, the unique rare drop will be really hard to obtain.

So, yeah. This is just some random guess, but hopefully it's true. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-04-19 00:08 ]</font>

Derkin
Apr 18, 2003, 01:45 PM
Hmm, this is the first I've heard of a Del Lily. Sounds cool though, I'm always for new shtuff.

Jae
Apr 18, 2003, 01:56 PM
On 2003-04-18 11:24, Richard wrote:
It'll probably have it's own rare drop, just like the rare Mericarols (Mericus and Merikle)

Pardon my ignorance Richard, but what did the Mericus and Merikle drop? Was it the same for all IDs?

And yes, hopefully we'll see a new rare monster variation other than Rappies soon. Anything new is good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Richard
Apr 18, 2003, 02:07 PM
Derkin: Do a Forum Search for "Del Lily", I'm sure you'll get several different posts talking about it.

Jae: Most of the Mericus and Merikle drops are still unknown, but I can definitely guarantee you they do in fact drop different rares. Here are the known Ultimate drops, I got these from the Japan BBS:

Viridia:

Merikle: Spread Needle (not yet confirmed)
Mericus: Anti-Android Rifle

Greenill:

Merikle:
Mericus:

Skyly:

Merikle: Berdysh
Mericus: Yasminkov 7000V

Bluefull:

Merikle:
Mericus: Berdysh

Purplenum:

Merikle: Partisan of Lightning
Mericus:

Pinkal:

Merikle: The Sigh of A God
Mericus:

Redria:

Merikle: Twin Blaze
Mericus: Red Scorpio (not yet confirmed)

Oran:

Merikle:
Mericus:

Yellowboze:

Merikle: Twin Blaze
Mericus:

Whitill:

Merikle:
Mericus:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-04-18 12:11 ]</font>

Jae
Apr 18, 2003, 02:17 PM
Wow! Those drops seem really out of character for those IDs, with the exception of Pinkal. I never knew about that, thanks Richard.

On a side note, the prospect of a new map/area to explore in this quest sounds exciting! That last picture is interesting...

demonknight
Apr 18, 2003, 02:54 PM
do the mirikle and mericus apear offline??

GyroidFanatic
Apr 18, 2003, 02:57 PM
An old post from Barubary mentions that there are two unreleased enemies other than Del Lily and the 2 rare versions of Mericarol. He/She also said that one of them is a boss...

-Eden-
Apr 18, 2003, 03:53 PM
to the front page, "You will also be possibly facing a new enemy" in the soon-to-be-released quest "Bottom of the Heart."

The front page of what?

And also, you mean a boss that isn't the sub-bosses like Gibbles? A boss as in Barba Ray or Gol Dragon?

PSOW should offer a bounty system, the first one to confim a picture or rare drop from one of these gets rewarded. hehehe...

And there must be rare monsters that we haven't seen yet. Especially since they can make rare rappies like the Saint rappy.

dj_dan
Apr 18, 2003, 04:13 PM
A bounty system is actually a pretty cool idea, but, there are such few additions like this upcoming quest that it wouldn't make it worth our while.

Nishpa
Apr 18, 2003, 05:32 PM
According to the screenshots the del lily should be making an appearance. In the last screenshot on the front page the katakana (japanese phonetic script for foreign words and exclamations) for the enemy being targeted says "deruriri", which is probably the "del lily" that everyone keeps talking about.

VulpesMundi
Apr 18, 2003, 08:19 PM
Read the comments (circa 8am Pacific)...
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=917&mode=&order=0&thold=0

MP3dawg16
Apr 18, 2003, 09:16 PM
Can mericus and merikle be found offline? and what difficulty?

fyrewyre
Apr 18, 2003, 09:52 PM
I see those colorfull things running (standing)around famitsu and not one has droped anything but err....i think burning units or monomates. i hope to see these badboys offline so i can hopefully get a rare finally.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 18, 2003, 10:05 PM
On 2003-04-18 12:57, GyroidFanatic wrote:
An old post from Barubary mentions that there are two unreleased enemies other than Del Lily and the 2 rare versions of Mericarol. He/She also said that one of them is a boss...

we've seen this in one of the routes in Famie, there were two, rather dangerous guys
you had to fight all three at once.
one the normal one, shot confusion type balls at you
2nd shot shock type balls
3rd shot freeze type balls.
may not seem like much but when in no space it can be a deadly game of dodge and weave

GyroidFanatic
Apr 18, 2003, 11:43 PM
Look at this pic of Del Lily (http://www.boomspeed.com/itzbrian/del.jpg) I found posted at GameFAQs. Is it real?

Edit: Made it a link since it was big.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GyroidFanatic on 2003-04-18 22:01 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Apr 19, 2003, 12:09 AM
That definitely doesn't look like any area I've seen before in PSO :/

Taaj38
Apr 19, 2003, 12:10 AM
I believe there is an unreleased Crab "boss".

Davion
Apr 19, 2003, 12:12 AM
On 2003-04-18 22:09, Orange_Coconut wrote:
That definitely doesn't look like any area I've seen before in PSO :/

You're right. Where is this? This is amazingly cool.

GyroidFanatic
Apr 19, 2003, 12:15 AM
The pic? It's the Central Control Tower, an area that's exclusive(for now) to the quest coming out on the 30th.

Davion
Apr 19, 2003, 12:17 AM
On 2003-04-18 22:15, GyroidFanatic wrote:
The pic? It's the Central Control Tower, an area that's exclusive(for now) to the quest coming out on the 30th.

Weren't there rumors of something like that before ep 1&2 launched? I remember hearing of a tower that gets unlocked or something.

shiznitty
Apr 19, 2003, 12:35 AM
they should make the del lily shoot out and spawn monsters.

Taaj38
Apr 19, 2003, 12:38 AM
On 2003-04-18 22:35, shiznitty wrote:
they should make the del lily shoot out and spawn monsters.

Been playing Wind Waker lately? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Anyways I'd imagine the old "causes lag" issue would arise.

CrazyJ
Apr 19, 2003, 01:05 AM
great pic...doesn't look faked...

Baru confirm this?

Mystil
Apr 19, 2003, 01:55 AM
On 2003-04-18 20:05, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

we've seen this in one of the routes in Famie, there were two, rather dangerous guys
may not seem like much but when in no space it can be a deadly game of dodge and weave

Those aren't Del lilys...and they have an attack that can deplete you of ALL your TP as well.

Richard
Apr 19, 2003, 02:16 AM
On 2003-04-18 18:19, VulpesMundi wrote:
Read the comments (circa 8am Pacific)...
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=917&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Ahhhh man, I guess you beat me to it and had already posted this Vulpes. >_<;

Hmm, I guess the Del Lily doesn't replace the Nar/Mil Lily like I expected it to, but is a new creature all together.

On 2003-04-18 19:16, MP3dawg16 wrote:
Can mericus and merikle be found offline? and what difficulty?

Nope, they only appear online during the quest "Maximum Attack 2", and have a drop rate worse than Sinow Zele. XD

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 19, 2003, 08:58 AM
On 2003-04-18 23:55, Silhouette wrote:

On 2003-04-18 20:05, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

Those aren't Del lilys...and they have an attack that can deplete you of ALL your TP as well.

you mistaken i was repling about the 2 different forms of Mericarol and i did forget the total TP delete attack, along with the truely insta-kill for gas that it shoots if too close. i find it kinda funny when everyone knocks on the giant plant, i say "dont get to close..." *tick tick tick "SPLORT*"
and they all die "well i shouldn't warned you about the about the only constant insta-kill move in ep II"

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 19, 2003, 10:20 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48422&forum=7&10
Here is the picture of the Del Lily and 2 more nre enemies!!! They look awsome.

Castoth
Apr 20, 2003, 03:40 AM
you mistaken i was repling about the 2 different forms of Mericarol and i did forget the total TP delete attack, along with the truely insta-kill for gas that it shoots if too close. i find it kinda funny when everyone knocks on the giant plant, i say "dont get to close..." *tick tick tick "SPLORT*"
and they all die "well i shouldn't warned you about the about the only constant insta-kill move in ep II"

[/quote]

Hehe, sadly I was not able to read this post earlier. Found out first hand about the insta-kill gas on Hard mode. Afterwards, was complaining about how it killed me in one shot while at full HP (408).