PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Hu/Fi/Te/Br/Bo Build

CoWorker
Oct 4, 2014, 11:37 PM
im a SEA migrant, and im really new to the ep3 skilltree
so anyway i need help on building skilltree that complements Hu/Fi/Te/Br/Bo one another without worrying that they would suck if mixed with one another, so that i wouldn't need to delete my character or buy a new skilltree
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08dAbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk 0jdodBIoI2i2dBdnINjHkJkqnI2000000doInfbAdAeBGKGKIk HnIo00000doib0000006do000000lo00000007odAidrBrFGFq BsQIk000009bqB4SfdFjbxsNHSIk0000jdobo4SiofrFbsfGKG K0000j

i'll explain a few things:
Hunter
I like being a hunter, i like its weapons (Sword and Partisans) so i'll main it here and there so thats why i took the Fury Gear Boost and healing Guard. I ditched Fury Combo for Flash Guards for more damage reductions (but hey trading that 10% dmg for 40% red seems a good deal to me)

Fighter
i like its weapons but im really confused on wut to get on its skilltree... i saw some crit builds but i dont plan to main Fi, so i have to ditch the crit stuff... so i need some advice for this

Techer
i'll be focusing more on being a melee Techer, its a pretty handy class for solo farming mobs with its wide zondeels and other handy support spells, and wand gear for a melee class is pretty handy too

Braver
i'll be focusing more on being a Katana user, but im debating myself on its stances.... i dunno if im gonna go full Average Stance or Full Weak Stance or get Dual Stances.... so i need help on this

Bouncer
i'll be focusing more on being a Photon Blade user, but again like Braver... its stances... and im really not sure if i need to get some jetboots skills
--------------------------------------------------
Mag
in the SEA server i have a Full S-atk Mag, but with the addition off Braver and Bouncer... i dunno if i go for some DEX for their Mag Passives....
--------------------------------------------------

so thats a it i guess, any advice would be appreciated

isCasted
Oct 5, 2014, 01:32 AM
1) Put Step Advance on either Hunter or all other trees. It's difficult to survive without it. 1 point is enough, 3 is recommended. They also say 3 points in one tree and 2 in other bring lv10 effect, but I didn't see any confirmation to that.

2) My personal way of doing semi-tanking is having a ton of HP from affixes and Automate - it's pretty reliable unless it lags so hard I get over 5-second delays. Flash Guard is advised when you go full tank, with Automate you can get Fury Combo Up too and your DPS will stay at top. From my personal experience, Healing Guard is useless - 5% just doesn't cut it.

3) Limit Break is main-only, just like Crit Strike. Same for Combat Escape.

4) Stance choices with Braver is a matter of preference. Many people here would tell you to go pure Average, though.

5) Don't mess up your mag just because Braver and Bouncer have skills for that. You won't have a lot out of it if you don't go full DEX and play hybrid... But that proved to underperform.

6) Replace Break Stance with something else. You can even have JB skills - JB PAs are boosted by Fury Stance.

7) 1 point in Rare Mastery Hunter would help.

Kondibon
Oct 5, 2014, 01:40 AM
You seem pretty melee oriented. You can just drop the bouncer and braver mag skills and go full s-atk. You might be better off with automate instead of flash guard 2. For techer you can drop resta advanced and put those points into deband cut if you want something defensive. Full average stance is better for your braver if you're maining katana. Most people say break stance is bad, but I dunno what else to put the points in that would actually have a big impact, s-atk ups? You'll also want to pick up switch strike if you plan on using jet boots with an s-atk mag.

I'd go into more detail but I don't want to give any bad advice by accident.

CoWorker
Oct 5, 2014, 04:37 AM
1) Put Step Advance on either Hunter or all other trees. It's difficult to survive without it. 1 point is enough, 3 is recommended. They also say 3 points in one tree and 2 in other bring lv10 effect, but I didn't see any confirmation to that.

2) My personal way of doing semi-tanking is having a ton of HP from affixes and Automate - it's pretty reliable unless it lags so hard I get over 5-second delays. Flash Guard is advised when you go full tank, with Automate you can get Fury Combo Up too and your DPS will stay at top. From my personal experience, Healing Guard is useless - 5% just doesn't cut it.

3) Limit Break is main-only, just like Crit Strike. Same for Combat Escape.

4) Stance choices with Braver is a matter of preference. Many people here would tell you to go pure Average, though.

5) Don't mess up your mag just because Braver and Bouncer have skills for that. You won't have a lot out of it if you don't go full DEX and play hybrid... But that proved to underperform.

6) Replace Break Stance with something else. You can even have JB skills - JB PAs are boosted by Fury Stance.

7) 1 point in Rare Mastery Hunter would help.
1. okay i'll see what i can do about it

2. i never knew healing guard is bad but its nice to know

3. oops i didnt check i guess i'll drop it... being a fighter is already squishy.... but as combat escape, i do plan to main braver sometime

4. average it is then

6. okay break stance is out then

thank you very much kind sir :D

You seem pretty melee oriented. You can just drop the bouncer and braver mag skills and go full s-atk. You might be better off with automate instead of flash guard 2. For techer you can drop resta advanced and put those points into deband cut if you want something defensive. Full average stance is better for your braver if you're maining katana. Most people say break stance is bad, but I dunno what else to put the points in that would actually have a big impact, s-atk ups? You'll also want to pick up switch strike if you plan on using jet boots with an s-atk mag.

I'd go into more detail but I don't want to give any bad advice by accident.
i dont mind, so far your info is pretty helpful so thanks for the advice :P

Achelousaurus
Oct 7, 2014, 05:17 AM
Everything is squishy when compared to hunter.
Then again, hunter isn't a tank class unless you go with full Guard Stance and that means pathetic damage and actually is a lot more risky than a good fury build with an Iron Will safety net.

For Katana you get Avg stance, period. You cannot hit weakpoints reliably enough to get more consistent dmg with weak stance than with avg stance.
For bow AND if you have very good aim, weak stance is better. If you use lockon / your manual aim isn't the best, Avg stance is still better (it's what I use).

I really recommend two braver trees if you want to use both weapons a lot.
Likewise I recommend two hunter trees if you plan to main it, too.

Automate Halfline is crap. Before ep 3 I maxed it and you have no control over mate usage, using them far too fast which is a big problem during some EQs or other longer quests where going back to ship isn#t that easy (like abduction, I ran out at the end of the first area).
Also, there is a small delay before the mate is used which can be enough for an enemy to hit you again, if you use a mate to be safe, a 2nd will be used anyway, ven if you are at full HP.
Also, either you carry monomates and have to use a 2nd often cause you can still die from the next attack or you don't and have less mates and when you take a lot of damage a dimate is used and often still doesn't refill HP enough to be truly safe, so you are at 65% HP and could maybe survive a strong hit, but you can't be sure when some attacks deal in excess of 1000 damage.

So better get used to dodging a lot use a safety net when you fail, Iron Will is just plain epic and to counter lag Step Advance is also very useful.

Also, never use Limit break without a full LB build cause the damage is just low.
And no matter what people love to say, Wise Stance can't be ignored unless you solo in locked mpas most of the time.

Anyway, here are my melee builds compressed into 1 tree (except melee techer cause I'm not good at it):
click (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0 jeOdBdoI2i2dBIk8JksNI2000000dodAI2HndKIbGFGKfHn000 00fdoib0000006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000jebqBkid F6sNHSHx0000jdoIbkjoI2qneFrFfGK0000j)
A few notes:
If you want to use sword a lot, I recommend full fury gear boost so you only need2-3 hits to be able to charge PAs twice in 1-2 seconds, otherwise use only 1 point for it.
People seem to make good use of WarCry nowadays but my only experiences are from ep2 where it was total shit.

I really like Snatch Step but it's not necessary. Making even big enemies flinch is useful tho.
J Reversal Cover is a godsend and a life saver, 20% hp recovery is almost a monomate and often means I don't need to heal immediately but can continue fighting or I only need a monomate instead of a dimate.

Attack Advance is very good, sword deals in excess of 3000 dmg per hit for me and Katana 1800-1900 which is a lot considering its attack speed.

As for bouncer, those are the only skills I know are good, the rest depends on playstyle a lot and I'm not experienced with the class yet.

isCasted
Oct 7, 2014, 06:01 AM
A few notes for Megidolaon's post above:

1) Automate isn't crap. If you don't feel that it's reliable enough - you just don't have enough HP. As for running out of mates - that's problem of playstyle. Main thing you have to understand when you use Automate is when you have to dodge and when you have to finish PA. My set-up gives me around 1200 HP with around 1500 S- and T-DEF (but there's really no need for that much) with full Fury + Automate and my DPS is unstoppable.

2) Iron Will is good, but its big problem is RNG and lag. If former is fine for covering up your mess-ups, latter can give you a lot of trouble with multi-hit attacks. Invincibility from IW doesn't cover hits inbetween time when you were hit and time when damage for that hit is calculated, and so you die even if IW procs. It's still best choice for Limit Break Fighter, but OP said they don't want it.

3) In the tree you got way too many points in Step Advance. I tried it out recently and 3 points on 1 tree and 2 on another in it grants you enough i-frames to dodge just about anything. Also, Crit Strike is 1) main class only and 2) worthless without investing any points in stance criticals. Also, 1 point in War Cry is a must, you'll want those Rangers of your party/MPA to be able to finish their Sat Cannon/Last Nemesis.

Achelousaurus
Oct 7, 2014, 07:51 AM
That myth has been proven wrong so many times already.
Step Advance does not add up.
The one with the highest lvl is chosen, if you have lvl 2 in main and lvl 3 in sub class, you have lvl 3, period.
That's when you truly waste points.

Also, how the hell do you get 1200 HP and 1500 def without builds and gear dedicated to hp and like 6s?
I have 832 HP and that is perfectly fine, just like 1300/1200 def.
If you don't suck terribly at dodging this is plenty.

Selphea
Oct 7, 2014, 09:16 AM
The one with the highest lvl is chosen, if you have lvl 2 in main and lvl 3 in sub class, you have lvl 3, period.

Also, how the hell do you get 1200 HP and 1500 def without builds and gear dedicated to hp and like 6s?

Possible with Guts Drink, HP soul with Stam 3 and crafted armor, not that I'd do it, although my friend is making a tanky Saiki set just because he got that many Saiki sets.

My Gunner set will sit at 922 HP and ~1.4k def across the board once I'm done with the final piece. Main thing I'm aiming for is to avoid getting getting cutscene killed when Falz doesn't realize he's dead yet. Can't dodge during cutscene and i already got cutscene killed twice since I started doing SH Falzes last month.

Bouncer set will be full Loser set because there's no 90 SATK or 2 piece 60 SATK/60 TATK armor so it'll be 40 HP more than that.

Anyway, any link to said proof that dodge skills don't stack? Not that I believe it does, but I haven't been able to find anything conclusive pointing either way.

isCasted
Oct 7, 2014, 09:24 AM

I didn't see who proved it wrong and how. I tested it myself and I seem to get hit less with 2 extra points than without them.

http://i.imgur.com/QBjHmSS.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/GceXkkh.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/1fUy3HT.png

Because Hunter, Over End, Holding Current - just like I said. 1105 HP with WL, 1205 with a Sword, around 144 PP with no drink, female Newman.
But you really don't need these units or 5s affix on them to abuse Automate.

For Fi and Br it might not be that useful, since they don't have a lot of hyper armor and are typically faster. As Hunter, however, you should be able to trade damage for damage. Bouncer is sort of weird in this case: they have a lot of hyper armor, but at the same time PAs are lengthy and don't do much damage.

horseship
Oct 7, 2014, 09:27 AM
Crit Strike is 1) main class only and 2) worthless without investing any points in stance criticals

Crit strike is still worth getting even if you don't invest in stance criticals if you main FI. It's a 3.94% increase in average damage on the assumption that your average damage is 95% and your base crit rate is 5%. Not quite the 1% per SP you get with a lot of other skills, but still pretty good.

Selphea
Oct 7, 2014, 09:38 AM
6. okay break stance is out then

There's only two bosses in the entire game where I find Break Stance useful: Quartz Dragon and Dragon Ex, because they start out neutral and you have to break their nose/face before you can start doing Real Soviet Damage™ to them as Bouncer.

However, in the current meta, Quartz Dragon is a popular boss to farm because it's soul is very lucrative - many melee players want Quartz Soul on their gear. You are playing a melee build yourself, so you could very well end up needing to farm Quartz Souls too, and you need to do a full break to get as many of its armor pieces as possible, i.e. attacking a lot of neutral targets.

So in 99% of cases Break Stance really is useless, but it's ironically very useful for the one boss that most melee characters will eventually get to know very well. I'd suggest putting 10 points in the basic Break Stance because of that.

Achelousaurus
Oct 8, 2014, 03:37 AM
Nah, that makes no sense.
Quartz Soul isn't that expensive and there are thousands of items of every kind and shape with Quartz Soul on them in the player shop.

Not to mention you can use Soul Receptor, too and below 5s the prices are quite reasonable for the effect.
Or make a PSO2ES account and farm it yourself, even making profit.

Unless you plan to 6s everything with Quartz and are ridiculously poor, don't gimp your build for it.

Cause without Break Stance you can get a good build for both weapons in one tree.

Selphea
Oct 8, 2014, 04:01 AM
Nah, that makes no sense.
Quartz Soul isn't that expensive and there are thousands of items of every kind and shape with Quartz Soul on them in the player shop.

Not to mention you can use Soul Receptor, too and below 5s the prices are quite reasonable for the effect.
Or make a PSO2ES account and farm it yourself, even making profit.

Unless you plan to 6s everything with Quartz and are ridiculously poor, don't gimp your build for it.

Cause without Break Stance you can get a good build for both weapons in one tree.

Yea and then you end up not using one of them outside of jumping onto stuff and dashing over lasers. I dunno, I haven't been able to find a Bouncer TA vid that used Jet Boots for anything related to damage.

Achelousaurus
Oct 8, 2014, 03:21 PM
They are mad fun.
You know, the reason most people play.

They point is whether to spend 10 points on a quite situational skill for a single boss whose drops aren't that rare or expensive in the first place or use them otherwise.

But jet boots don't even have a place in this topic because I only ever hear elemental stance with a DB rainbow is far better and more consistent damage boost than break stance anyway.
And considering the damage boost being 30% from elemental stance, you don't even need a super high end rainbow for good results.

I even consider putting some points into crafted gear boost, especially because sega said they will reduce the dmg variance for crafted gear.

TL;DR version:
If it turns out Break Stance gets better because of skill tree tweaks or mobs with more breakable parts or whatever, by all means use it, just don't spend 10 points for slightly easier quartz kills when he's not that tough a boss and quartz soul isn't that expensive.