PDA

View Full Version : PSO2

Crazyleo
Oct 10, 2014, 02:52 AM
I just purchased a Vita with a 16gb memory card with the intent on playing PSO2. Since the DDoS attack a few months back, I have not been able to connect to pso2.jp site.

Without a PC (only have an iPad), how easy would it be to connect to the game?

blace
Oct 10, 2014, 03:00 AM
I'm assuming you're going to try to play using your iPad as a hotspot?

If you are not able to connect to pso2.jp, you can probably find a VPN for it that would enable you to play from your Vita.

Again, I'm only going with the information provided.

Crazyleo
Oct 10, 2014, 03:25 AM
I do have wifi set up (at the time before my PC died), so connecting with the Vita is not an issue.

blace
Oct 10, 2014, 03:32 AM
There is a method someone posted, but it requires having a PC: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221223

Have you checked recently to see if you're able to connect to pso2.jp? If you're not able to, you won't be able to workaround it without a computer.

Sizustar
Oct 10, 2014, 03:57 AM
I do have wifi set up (at the time before my PC died), so connecting with the Vita is not an issue.

Having it being a wifi doesn't change the route that it uses it to take from the PC.
Make sure you can connect to the official site pso2.jp first, then if you can, then you'll have no problem.

If not, then you'll have to either set up a VPN on the router/modem, or on the Vita itself.