PDA

View Full Version : PSOX is everything you dreamed of... wait WTF?!

-FragOnaRag-
Apr 18, 2003, 03:12 PM
Yes indeed it's finally here, no cheaters, voice chat THE WORKS!

All is fine and dandy ... graphics 'OK' not really optomized for xbox but hey what can you expect.. hopes were still high until I enter combat.

There are only 8 directions to move in

The control is not analog, this is completely unacceptable, especially for rangers with long range guns. How could this happen, you can't even run in circles only octagons. Has this series taken a turn for the worse? There is always something wrong with every single version, there is no need to CREATE ones. Maybe they just ported the engine from the PC version and its keyboard. Most people don't notice but they are n00bs.

Also the xbox doesn't have the cool telepipe effect of the gamecube, ty.

Benjamin
Apr 18, 2003, 03:17 PM
wow with all the things I have heard people say about PSOX this is the first about the analog controller. but that would make me mad I love gamecubs controller!!!! I love it

-Eden-
Apr 18, 2003, 03:28 PM
(are you using that D-pad or the joystick on the controller...?)

That sounds kinda trivial, but I would imagine that someone would have mentioned it. Oh well...

*stares at calender, wondering when Datel Keyboard is coming*

Muku6
Apr 18, 2003, 03:47 PM
Are you serious about the direction in PSOX? O_o That is pretty screwed up.

Fate_Of_The_Art
Apr 18, 2003, 03:51 PM
Funny, PSO has always been like that...

The reason that the control is more awkward on Xbox is that the analog stick doesn't "spring" to the eight cardinal directions like the sticks on DC and GCN...

Danderdag
Apr 18, 2003, 04:52 PM
Feels totally the same to me (Don't have GC version, didn't see the point since I know the xbox one was coming), at least compared to the DC games.

Ranger_Larry
Apr 18, 2003, 06:20 PM
The xbox analog stick actually allows for more precise aiming in most games. Sounds like another paranoid GC fanboy.

SkyHawkX
Apr 18, 2003, 06:29 PM
I don't think so larry. Lots of posts on GameFAQs are about people having trouble aiming. One hilarious quote, "Opening boxes is a pain."

abrader
Apr 18, 2003, 07:17 PM
i havent had any problems with it.... i didnt notice the telepipe thing tho..ill have to look..no big deal if it doesnt have the GC effect... i luv psox so far

-FragOnaRag-
Apr 18, 2003, 09:33 PM
The dreamcast did not spring to eight directions.
I am serious about this, I have all console versions of pso. I am just a concerned pso player (I have the gc pso import and even though the controller has the 8 grooves it is still analog.)
somebody directly compare, or just try running in a smooth circle

fyrewyre
Apr 19, 2003, 03:35 AM
*Busts out laughing* i cant help it..."Opening boxes is a pain" *doubles over laughing hysterically*

saffaya
Apr 19, 2003, 04:12 PM
I confirm that aiming in PSOX is a royal pain in the *ss.
The control with the stick is much more imprecise than DC's.
Partisan/shot/Ra spell users wouldn't notice, but anyone needing a real aim (guns, machguns, ..) will feel the problem.
Just an Nth+1 screw-up by Sonic Team.

Deus-Irae
Apr 20, 2003, 05:10 AM
ACK! that sounds rough. i find this news unfortunate!:(

(allthough i am a Nintendo fanboy, i love my xbox too! but this sounds like an issue...)

Danderdag
Apr 20, 2003, 05:20 AM
I'm a veteran DC player, and I'm saying I honestly don't see any difference, using guns or anything else at that.

Captain_Dude
Apr 20, 2003, 06:54 AM
Bah, I'll put up with it... It don't bug me too much... My little thumbsies have master control over my XBox controler, I can control em jus fine...

Blenjar
Apr 20, 2003, 09:54 AM
On 2003-04-18 16:20, Ranger_Larry wrote:
The xbox analog stick actually allows for more precise aiming in most games. Sounds like another paranoid GC fanboy.

Yea, why would you cry over the pipe's effect? Are you 5 or somethin'?