PDA

View Full Version : How to make the most out of gunslash

rinsha
Oct 23, 2014, 03:15 PM
Hi guys I'm relatively new here and after taking a few days to test each class with its weapons(where possible) I have developed a love for the gunslash.

Now from what I understand gunslash isn't restricted to any class.
Since I plan to use this as my main weapon of choice I'm having some trouble deciding what class to main/sub what to use my SP on etc etc

I don't know if anyone else out there uses gunslash as their weapon of choice but I was hoping some experienced players might be able to give me some input.

Many thanks in advance

UnLucky
Oct 23, 2014, 04:27 PM
Ra/Hu for the shooting oriented ones, like Additional Bullet, Thrillsplosion, and Aiming Shot. These complement other ranged weapons nicely with good options for quick damage.

Or you could go Fi/Hu for Serpent Air and Slash Rave for similar options to your other melee weapons. Though the ranged PAs are still useful, they're not as good as Ra/Hu if you were going to main them.

rinsha
Oct 23, 2014, 09:06 PM
I was thinking of mostly focusing on the melee side of things but like you said the ranged will still be useful.

Achelousaurus
Oct 27, 2014, 08:02 AM
I go HuBr. I hate Fi stances cause they break so very easily (including from some fi weapon PAs).

Hexxy
Oct 27, 2014, 09:01 AM
fi/hu will get you the most overall sustained melee damage. you won't have WB (weak bullet) like ra/hu gets but your melee damage will be at its best and you'll have decent ranged damage.

hu/br (or br/hu) for less damage than above but no conditionals. nothing special provided here other than Combat Escape (which is amazing, but it requires a katana and cancels if you switch out).

ra/hu will give you versatility. you'll have good melee/ranged damage, not great, but also access to WB. WB will make up for your lack of a second melee class, and will easily boss the fastest.

Achelousaurus
Oct 27, 2014, 09:45 AM
Br has the amazing J Reversal cover though. One hell of a live saver.

Maenara
Oct 27, 2014, 10:02 AM
Here's a video of a FI/HU demonstrating its ability for melee gunslash.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4JM4MfPYQo

In the video, they're using a crafted(Presumably) Sonic Laser(10* gunslash), which has Last Stand potential, which boosts all damage by 14% below 25% HP, which Fighter's Limit Break triggers.

Gankfest
Oct 27, 2014, 11:29 PM
As a RNG I make the most out of it by never using it. :D I can't speak for other classes though.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 28, 2014, 12:45 AM
I go HuBr. I hate Fi stances cause they break so very easily (including from some fi weapon PAs).

hu/br sucks balls vs fi/hu if hes going to MAIN the gunslash =_=

rinsha
Oct 28, 2014, 03:06 AM
So Fi/Hu is the way to go if I want to main gunslash? (focusing on the melee aspect ofc)
Any extra advice on PA's, skill trees, etc?

Terrence
Oct 28, 2014, 05:21 AM
So Fi/Hu is the way to go if I want to main gunslash? (focusing on the melee aspect ofc)
If you wanna play with that (annoying and conditionnal) Limit Break thing ONLY. Otherwise, RAnger/BRaver is really good too but you'd better play ranged with things like Aiming Shot, Addition Bullet or Regenschlag. A friend of mine use THIS (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08xnbsIkbsIkbnIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbnIkbsIk 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000008dobbJbIk6cFikfbx00008d o000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbdBGScKI2jmxIk00008doI b000000f) at 65/65.

UnLucky
Oct 28, 2014, 05:45 AM
If you wanna play with that (annoying and conditionnal) Limit Break thing ONLY. Otherwise, RAnger/BRaver is really good too but you'd better play ranged with things like Aiming Shot, Addition Bullet or Regenschlag. A friend of mine use THIS (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08xnbsIkbsIkbnIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbnIkbsIk 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000008dobbJbIk6cFikfbx00008d o000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbdBGScKI2jmxIk00008doI b000000f) at 65/65.

LB isn't conditional. You hit button->destroy.

And Ra/Br (no Standing Snipe? :barf:) is only as strong as Ra/Hu for charged Ranged PAs on weak points, but worse for everything else besides normal attacks. Don't touch it if you're not going to use bows.

GALEFORCE
Oct 28, 2014, 12:19 PM

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08dBbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk 0jdodBIbl2ibINGAibJksXI2000000ebdAI2bnibfJkrsJb000 00fdoib0000006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbIo0000 00fdoIb000000f

This is what I use. I have one point in dsaber gear because I use meteor cudgel for some mobbing situations. You can get tech arts JA, but its use is kind of minimal. It's handy for the Serpent Air -> Slash Rave combo, but that's about it. Slash Rave -> Slash Rave -> Slash Rave does around the same or more DPS than Slash Rave -> Rage Dance/Ein Raketen/Tri Impact -> Slash Rave even with the Tech Arts bonus. Slash Rave -> Serpent Air -> Slash Rave might outperform it, but Slash Rave has very little vertical range, so you don't want to lose or gain height when spamming it.

I've seen builds use s-atk up 3 instead of brave critical, but they give around the same damage bonus on average (assuming max critical strike), and brave crit also helps with your additional bullet mobbing.

As for PAs, I recommend anything but Ein Raketen, Tri Impact, and Kleisenslach (assuming they still haven't fixed it...). Fury Dance is decent for small AoE mobbing and single target damage. Serpent Air does really good DPS and gives you air to reach weak points. Slash Rave is your best single target DPS. Regenslach is an excellent gap closer that does good damage on impact, and can even spread damage around if the impact kills. Additional Bullet is your best bet for mobbing lots of mid-low hp enemies with accessible weak points.

Apparently there's an 11* GS with Slash Rave potential now. Interesting.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 28, 2014, 01:54 PM

Br has the amazing J Reversal cover though. One hell of a live saver.git guud :wacko:

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08dBbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk 0jdodBIbl2ibINGAibJksXI2000000ebdAI2bnibfJkrsJb000 00fdoib0000006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbIo0000 00fdoIb000000f

This is what I use. I have one point in dsaber gear because I use meteor cudgel for some mobbing situations. You can get tech arts JA, but its use is kind of minimal. It's handy for the Serpent Air -> Slash Rave combo, but that's about it. Slash Rave -> Slash Rave -> Slash Rave does around the same or more DPS than Slash Rave -> Rage Dance/Ein Raketen/Tri Impact -> Slash Rave even with the Tech Arts bonus. Slash Rave -> Serpent Air -> Slash Rave might outperform it, but Slash Rave has very little vertical range, so you don't want to lose or gain height when spamming it.

I've seen builds use s-atk up 3 instead of brave critical, but they give around the same damage bonus on average (assuming max critical strike), and brave crit also helps with your additional bullet mobbing.

I tweaked that a bit to look like this (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08dBbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk 0jdodBIbHnIkI2ic8JksNI2000000ebInI25fdjHXrFJb00000 fdoib0000006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbIo000000 fdoIb000000f) . It would require you to git guud though, as there isn't really any good safety nets. I'm sure if the build is bullshit, Unlucky or Kon will tell me.

GALEFORCE
Oct 28, 2014, 03:01 PM
I'd never give up automate halfline for less than 5% more striking damage, but it's a legitimate choice. I disagree with getting rid of fury crit though.

75 satk is about 3.75% (assuming ~2000 total s-atk) with diminishing returns when stacked with other satk ups (such as satk 3, deadline slayer, pp slayer, crazy beat).

Critical Strike with no crit boosts: 1.15*0.20 + 1*0.80 => 3%
Critical Strike with one crit skill maxed: 1.15*0.45 + 1*0.55 => 6.75% (3.75% difference)
Critical Strike with both crit skills maxed: 1.15*0.70 + 1*0.30 => 10.5% (3.75% difference)

So critical skills give the same boosts, but with no diminishing returns, a slight advantage due to no damage variation on crits, and they affect addbullet too. If you really want satk up 3, you could just remove some from 2 and boost fury crit up to 8. The striking ups are not worth taking over rare mastery and the rest of brave crit on the fighter tree.

UnLucky
Oct 28, 2014, 04:45 PM
Automate with Limit Break? Sure why not.

I'd probably max LB and get TAJA instead of Brave Crit, though. Those are actual meaningful bonuses.

More Atk raises your minimum damage, so you'll always see the benefit on every attack instead of hopefully averaging out over time. It does get proportionally worse with all the static gains available to Fighter, but accounting for mob defense and the lower stats on a gunslash compared to other weapons, 75-100 Atk is still significant.

Crit Strike is worth the 5SP, though, so raising crit rate to 70%+ to take advantage of that isn't a bad idea if the only trade off is some S-Atk.

GALEFORCE
Oct 28, 2014, 07:59 PM
Let's not be dense about LB. It's not going to be active 100% of the time. If you're not making niconico videos or speedruns, you're going to reserve it for situations where you're relatively safe to make use of the bonuses. If you're just rolling around in any common MPA or fighting an aggressive boss, automate is still helpful to reduce your downtime.

So-san
Nov 7, 2014, 04:22 AM
Here's a video of a FI/HU demonstrating its ability for melee gunslash.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4JM4MfPYQo

In the video, they're using a crafted(Presumably) Sonic Laser(10* gunslash), which has Last Stand potential, which boosts all damage by 14% below 25% HP, which Fighter's Limit Break triggers.
I love gunslashes the most and use them all the time, I've tried diff mixes of skill trees but that vid makes me drop my jaw:o, I wonder what is his/her build?

Achelousaurus
Nov 7, 2014, 06:26 AM
hu/br sucks balls vs fi/hu if hes going to MAIN the gunslash =_=
I said I use it, I didn't he say should use it.

Maenara
Nov 7, 2014, 11:58 AM
I love gunslashes the most and use them all the time, I've tried diff mixes of skill trees but that vid makes me drop my jaw:o, I wonder what is his/her build?

They're using a Sonic Laser, which has a potential that gives +14% damage while you're under 25% HP, which Limit Breaker does, and it's crafted to offset its low stats. Given this, their build would involve Critical Strike, and Brave/Wise Critical to help offset variance.