PDA

View Full Version : Crashin'

Sandrokun
Oct 26, 2014, 09:21 PM
So I downloaded the game today, got it installed, installed the latest tweaker version (2.7.4.6 unless there's a newer version). I used the tweaker to download the english patch, the english large files patch and the log said everything went ok. I configured in the link for the proxy and tweaker gives me a servers online status.

However when I launch the game, I get past gameguard and then once the client comes up, it just crashes without letting me do anything. I already tried Troubleshooting > Analyze for install issues, Check for deleted/empty files, Fix gameguard errors, fix pso2 exes + permissions. and after all this it has no effect. Game just crashes.

Anybody else run into this issue?

*edit* So I had the tweaker check for old/missing files which apparently is one I missed, and it's downloading a ton of files I was apparently missing. So I think this may fix it.

Sandrokun
Oct 27, 2014, 05:35 PM
Ok, so I finally got it to stop crashing per se, I did a full reinstall of both the tweaker and the game itself, checked for missing files again and tweaker updated the game. So not when it starts it doesn't crash, however, once it starts it doesn't do anything, it'll just stay as a black screen. No video, no sound, nothing... In fact when I check my task manager PSO2.exe isn't even listed there, it's liek the computer doesn't recognize it's running. The only way I can get it to close is to re-open the tweaker and it crashes the game.

I looked into the particular error it was giving me when I crash it like this and it was referencing that I needed to update my graphics driver, which I did. But That had no effect. Any ideas?

Sandrokun
Oct 27, 2014, 07:27 PM
Alright, so after 2 days of messing around with checking, uninstalling, reinstalling, checking, checking, checking... I guess it finally got everything downloaded and in order, The game now starts just fine and I'm able to finally play.

Now to try installing english patches and I'll be back in the game :D