PDA

View Full Version : I really need a build (Katana)

Daxank
Oct 29, 2014, 07:19 AM
I've search everywhere and the only builds I get are on ryuhiroshi (which results everytime in a blank page)

Hello,
Since I'm pretty sure I've leveled up the wrong skills and I gave the wrong items to my mag, I've decided to create an account on this forum and to ask for a build.
What I want to do is use the katana but have good damages (also a good defense would be a +)
I'm actually lvl 44 Braver/Hunter(19) (some skills leveled up in braver but nothing for the hunter and I think that I did everything wrong with my character because my damages are just 1k max with some of my skills and I die in like 4 to 5 hits...
Please I really need some help.
Thanks in advance and sorry if it's hard to understand me, English isn't my native language

Sinon
Oct 29, 2014, 07:20 AM
Check this: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221527

Daxank
Oct 29, 2014, 07:28 AM
Yup ... my braver's skill tree looks nothing like that u_u
Also : Is there a way for me to keep my costumes and mesetas ?
Because I have like 3 costumes and 600k mesetas :/

Kondibon
Oct 29, 2014, 07:54 AM
Yup ... my braver's skill tree looks nothing like that u_u
Also : Is there a way for me to keep my costumes and mesetas ?
Because I have like 3 costumes and 600k mesetas :/Put stuff in storage and it's accessible by any character on the same ship even if you delete the character it belonged to.

Just for clarity, are you on the SEA? Most people assume you're playing JP unless you specifically mention otherwise.

Daxank
Oct 29, 2014, 07:57 AM
Nope JP :p why ?
Also aren't bravers still not available on SEA ?

Kondibon
Oct 29, 2014, 08:06 AM
Nope JP :p why ?
Also aren't bravers still not available on SEA ?Because SEA is behind in a lot of stuff so skill trees you'd use in JP would be VERY different.

And I'm pretty sure SEA launched with Braver, I don't remember. I know it's there now though.

KazukiQZ
Oct 29, 2014, 08:29 AM
Katana main, while also focusing on defense/survivability? Try this BRHU build then:
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk da0fdodBIbrj2fdCINGAjJksNI2000000doIn0000008doib00 00006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000jebdB4NGAIs6sNHQH x0000jdoIb000000f
While Braver side is pretty standard, Hunter is kinda mixed. Some people opt for S-Atk Up 3 and 2 maxed, but I'd rather take Automate Halfline, it's such a lifesaver. Iron Will+Never Give Up for last survival tool (if you're lucky). If you follow this build, it is recommended to bring Dimates and Trimates ONLY, as these two can bring your health back to safe zone if Automate Halfline procs, while Monomates might possibly won't.

Mag with 190 S-atk is most recommended, but a little mistakes wont hurt. Mine's a 110 Dex, 80 S-atk mag, and I still do good damage....Just don't do dex mag, this one is from EP2 release xD

Equipment wise:

1. Avoid using crafted weapon if can. They have unstable damage output. Only use them if you know the risk.
2. Get Blitz unit set (craft these units) + any good leg unit (White tail/Ing Plate recommended). Blitz is 9*, so they can be bought off playershop. These set consists of only two unit(rear and arm),which give 60 Satk and Ratk, and 10PP as set bonus. Really good for Braver.

Achelousaurus
Oct 29, 2014, 10:04 AM
That is one awkward tree.
I'm not a fan of Automate Halfline cause most of the time it requires mate usage anyway but that aside it's weird.

Iron Will is the single best skill on the hu tree besides Fury Stance. You really wanna max that instead of a tiny bit of satk amounting to 2% extra dmg.

Use this tree (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk da0fdodBIbl2fdKINGAjJksNI2000000doIn0000008doib000 0006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000jebqBkIgAdF6sNHSHx 0000jdoIb000000f) instead.

Anyway, if you don't mind paying a bit, a new tree costs like 500 AC. And in November we get new skills for a variety of classes, which means free All Tree Reset passes.
No point in remaking now when you already got to lvl 44.

Daxank
Oct 29, 2014, 10:16 AM
Didn't know about the free reset all that is coming.
But I'll still need to pay for a new mag ... But at least I get to keep my actual character :-D Thanks a lot!
Also, do you have any date for this "update" ? :o

IndigoNovember
Oct 29, 2014, 01:12 PM
I'm not a fan of Automate Halfline cause most of the time it requires mate usage anyway but that aside it's weird.
How is it weird?

Iron Will is the single best skill on the hu tree besides Fury Stance.
Not sure how a 75% proc rate skill beats a 100% proc rate skill, but ok.

Xaelouse
Oct 29, 2014, 01:32 PM
BR/HU with combat escape and hatou rindou's range doesn't need to rely on any other survival skill besides learning to block
Unless you plan on keeping Shunka dunka alive with hyper armor abuse.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 29, 2014, 02:52 PM
Pure damage (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eQbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk da0fdodBIbHnIkI2fdn8JksNI2000000doIn0000008doib000 0006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000jebIo4NfdF6sNHSHx0 000jdoIb000000f). Do what you want with the remaining points.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 29, 2014, 05:17 PM
Katana main, while also focusing on defense/survivability? Try this BRHU build then:
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk da0fdodBIbrj2fdCINGAjJksNI2000000doIn0000008doib00 00006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000jebdB4NGAIs6sNHQH x0000jdoIb000000f
While Braver side is pretty standard, Hunter is kinda mixed. Some people opt for S-Atk Up 3 and 2 maxed, but I'd rather take Automate Halfline, it's such a lifesaver. Iron Will+Never Give Up for last survival tool (if you're lucky). If you follow this build, it is recommended to bring Dimates and Trimates ONLY, as these two can bring your health back to safe zone if Automate Halfline procs, while Monomates might possibly won't.

If you're a Braver, you shouldn't need Automate, as your counter shift is amazing. Going into Guard stance (active or build wise) at all when going Braver is just not a good idea. If you MUST have some kind of safety net (not as good at the game, lag, frame drops, whatever) try this (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk da0fdodBIbkAI2ISix8JksNI2000000doIn0000008doib0000 006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000jebdB4NAfs6sNHSHx00 00jdoIb000000f) I'm honestly not sure I support this tree myself, but it gives you a little more HP and S-atk, while still giving you the safety net (with a theoretical 75% chance of working :wacko: ). DON'T RELY ON IRON WILL. It will make you a bad player.

KazukiQZ
Oct 29, 2014, 05:20 PM
@Megidolaon
Well, Iron Will is a RNG skill, and RNG is still RNG. Even maxed, you are not guaranteed to activate it. That's why Automate is better than Iron Will. And points on S-atk Ups are just leftovers, cos maxing Iron Will is not to my liking (It's still a nice last resort, hence the few points into it)

And Automate Halfline didn't require mate usage most of time, it always need Mates to activates. That's why do not bring Monomates if you use Automate Halfline, cos its HP restore is tiny compared to other two.

@Nitro Vordex
I consider that too, but sometimes, BS happens xD

Nitro Vordex
Oct 29, 2014, 05:22 PM
Monomates are cheaper, however, so if you DO run out of them, they're a lot easier to restock than di or trimates. Once you burn through the monomates, then you get to di and tri, and by that time you SHOULD be finished with whatever you're doing. The cost of monos can be made up by picking up meseta on the ground.

Achelousaurus
Oct 30, 2014, 04:23 AM
Wut?
Mate cost is beyond irrelevant, this isn't PSO1.
Anyway, Iron Will is actually very reliable. And honestly, to be saved from having to re-do a run cause you derped out and died (or lag just screwed you over) is a huge help.

Automate Halfline is crap, though. I had it for a while and there is a delay before a mate is used cause the game checks back and forth between your client and the server, you can actually get hit again during this time (happened to me several times).

So in fights where you can get hit often in a short time, you have to use mates manually to be safe.
And anything short of trimates will not guarantee you are back at a safe amount of health cause monomates are insufficient and when facing enemies that can deal a lot of damage / hit frequently a dimate isn't enough either.
I also died several times cause a dimate was used and I didn't use a 2nd or a trimate to get back to full health.
On the other hand mate usage is out of your control and they will be used really often so that you run out easily when normally you wouldn't have used them as much.

If you want more safety ontop of Iron Will, max Step Advance to at least slightly counter lag.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 30, 2014, 08:21 AM
Automate Halfline is crap, though.

It is not.

I had it for a while and there is a delay before a mate is used cause the game checks back and forth between your client and the server, you can actually get hit again during this time (happened to me several times).

We call that lag, and it does effect iron will to a lesser extent as well.

a dimate isn't enough either.

Sound's like either a unit problem, or you got hit by something you should not have been hit by.

I also died several times cause a dimate was used and I didn't use a 2nd or a trimate to get back to full health.

Then don't carry/pick up weaker mates.

On the other hand mate usage is out of your control and they will be used really often so that you run out easily when normally you wouldn't have used them as much.

I get that people get hit eventually, but the player should stop getting hit so much that they go through 10+ mates in one quest. Last time I ran out if mates was when VH darker's den was the most challenging quest in game, and fury stance gave flat atk stats.

One thing about automate vs iron will is the fact iron will does not work 100% of the time, which means if you're smart, you will be playing as if it will not trigger. You can abuse automate since it works all the time outside of rapid damage/lag making the server read multiple staggered hits as rapid damage.

Achelousaurus
Oct 30, 2014, 10:57 AM
So basically, don't get hit? If you don't get hit that much, why bother with Automate Halfline?
This skill only makes sense if you get hit a lot. Cause the odd mate here and there isn't gonna be a huge problem, it was only a real problem for me back when I didn't know how to dodge.

IndigoNovember
Oct 30, 2014, 11:32 AM
Automate Halfline is crap, though. I had it for a while and there is a delay before a mate is used cause the game checks back and forth between your client and the server, you can actually get hit again during this time (happened to me several times).
If I can sit in front of Decol Malluda/Quartz Dragon and fully charge a Satellite Cannon while tanking its spray of bullets/laser rain with 724 HP, I think I can safely say lag isn't that big of an issue.

And anything short of trimates will not guarantee you are back at a safe amount of health cause monomates are insufficient and when facing enemies that can deal a lot of damage / hit frequently a dimate isn't enough either.
Sounds like you just need to take your own advice:

So in fights where you can get hit often in a short time, you have to use mates manually to be safe.
which I totally agree with. There's no reason not to use a second mate if you're worried that your HP isn't high enough. Does that defeat the purpose of Automate Halfline? No, since you won't need to manually use a second mate that often.

You won't run out unless you're actively relying on Automate Halfline instead of guarding and dodging.

So basically, don't get hit? If you don't get hit that much, why bother with Automate Halfline?
Hence why he recommended a full DPS build with no safety nets.

wahahaha
Oct 31, 2014, 12:21 PM
These builds...

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk cZlJ6dodBIoHnIkI2fdn8JksNI2000000doIn0000008doib00 00006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbqB4NfdF6sNHSJk0 000jdoIb000000f

Enjoy

Skyly
Oct 31, 2014, 01:04 PM
Iron Will will save your ass. Get it. My friend and I both got it. He took it off and went for pure DPS in the hunter tree. He put it IW back on the next day lol.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 31, 2014, 01:04 PM
These builds...

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk cZlJ6dodBIoHnIkI2fdn8JksNI2000000doIn0000008doib00 00006do000000lo00000007oIn0000000lbqB4NfdF6sNHSJk0 000jdoIb000000f

Enjoy
Congrats, you didn't read the thread!
http://pedestriantv-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F03%2F03%2Fku-xlarge.gif

Iron Will will save your ass. Get it. My friend and I both got it. He took it off and went for pure DPS in the hunter tree. He put it IW back on the next day lol.

Tell him to git guud :wacko:

Iron Will can save your ass. Not that it will.

wahahaha
Oct 31, 2014, 01:17 PM

No warcry
No counter edge
Non maxed J-reversal
Step advance

Sure, go ahead with a stupid build

Skyly
Oct 31, 2014, 01:18 PM
http://pedestriantv-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F03%2F03%2Fku-xlarge.gif

Tell him to git guud :wacko:

IW works so good, I get mad when it doesn't work lol.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 31, 2014, 01:51 PM
IW works so good, I get mad when it doesn't work lol.
Hence the problem with it, it either should work all the time or not at all.

Achelousaurus
Nov 3, 2014, 07:03 AM
Well, if it would, you couldn't die as melee class.
Then, who the hell is gonna buy those absurdly overpriced Scape Dolls?

But since you can never take the RNG out of this game (enemy ai for example), something like Iron Will is amazing.

Sacrificial
Nov 3, 2014, 08:00 AM

Iron Can confirmed.

OP, once again I'll but up the most used core build. the previous 2 pages all include infighting whats better or not. You really have to play test the "extra" skills and passives.

Core (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?08eNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk 0jdodBIbl20fJkcAI2000000doIn0000008doib0000006do00 0000lo00000007oIn0000000lbIo4Nis6sNHQIk0000jdoIb00 0000f)

Kondibon
Nov 3, 2014, 09:34 AM
Well, if it would, you couldn't die as melee class.
Just give it an internal cool down so it can't trigger again within a certain amount of time. I'd rather have something with a cool down so I know that when it triggers I have to be extra careful, than rely on RNG for a defensive skill.