PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Mode De Mammoth Comparison to SH

Goukezitsu
Nov 18, 2014, 10:56 PM
I see people talking about how they don't see the difference between Ultimate and Super Hard or that they are basically the same or that the people in UQ had weak gear (Which they have much higher defense and HP than me). Here is a comparison of the Mammoths in SH and UQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QJTh8KAKc

Rien
Nov 18, 2014, 11:04 PM
I think XH with infection would be a better comparison, though it doesn't exist yet.

Also at least put it in rage mode to up it's aggressiveness.

sol_trigger
Nov 18, 2014, 11:04 PM
Fang banther Ultimate = FUCK NO
Quartz Ultimate = Double FUCK NO
Nepto Cassadora + Rheo Madullard Ultimate = ???

Vampy
Nov 18, 2014, 11:07 PM
I honestly never noticed how calm they were relatively speaking.

Gama
Nov 18, 2014, 11:14 PM
all enemies are calm, untill you show up. then they go bananas.

NexusAZ
Nov 18, 2014, 11:30 PM
all enemies are calm, untill you show up. then they go bananas.

BANANAS YOU SAY?

[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/WooDan.jpg[/spoiler-box]

LonelyGaruga
Nov 18, 2014, 11:34 PM
I see people talking about how they don't see the difference between Ultimate and Super Hard or that they are basically the same or that the people in UQ had weak gear (Which they have much higher defense and HP than me). Here is a comparison of the Mammoths in SH and UQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QJTh8KAKc

They are basically the same. UQ De Malmoth just had its aggressiveness amped up. Its attacks are basically the same. Its truck swings are the same, its stomps have worse range but come out faster, and its trample is basically the same (that attack is very dangerous if you're positioned badly, usually hits twice for 400+ damage when enraged under the wrong circumstances). UQ De Malmoth mainly moves faster and attacks more frequently. Nothing special.

We didn't actually see anything that couldn't be done with XH De Malmoth. No new moves like what the mobs and UQ Rockbear have been demonstrated to do. Just variations of De Malmoth's regular moveset, amped up. Get behind it and stay behind it and you're safe from everything besides the jump and the back-up (both are easy to avoid).

Watch none of those bosses get Ultimate versions.

They're all jokes in the first place, especially Nepto + Madullard.

cheapgunner
Nov 18, 2014, 11:35 PM

Knight Gear Ultimate = HELL NO
For your answer imo: Triple FUCK NO

Goukezitsu
Nov 19, 2014, 12:05 AM
They are basically the same. UQ De Malmoth just had its aggressiveness amped up. Its attacks are basically the same. Its truck swings are the same, its stomps have worse range but come out faster, and its trample is basically the same (that attack is very dangerous if you're positioned badly, usually hits twice for 400+ damage when enraged under the wrong circumstances). UQ De Malmoth mainly moves faster and attacks more frequently. Nothing special.

We didn't actually see anything that couldn't be done with XH De Malmoth. No new moves like what the mobs and UQ Rockbear have been demonstrated to do. Just variations of De Malmoth's regular moveset, amped up. Get behind it and stay behind it and you're safe from everything besides the jump and the back-up (both are easy to avoid).

Watch none of those bosses get Ultimate versions.

They're all jokes in the first place, especially Nepto + Madullard.

The post I was typed got deleted somehow but the tl;dr is that while they don't have completely different attacks, their aggression, the attack patterns, the different tells and the attack chains are so different it will change how the fight works. Standing beside it and hitting its butt will not work on this version.

While I get what you mean about having totally new moves, sometimes that's not necessary to have nice and varied fights. Especially since mammoth is basically an elephant anyway haha not too much more different it could fight but that.

I think XH with infection would be a better comparison, though it doesn't exist yet.

Also at least put it in rage mode to up it's aggressiveness.

Oh the reason why I didn't put it in rage mode is because the ultimate one never reached rage mode so the comparison is fair. It's both of them in non rage mode.

Natsu Nem
Nov 19, 2014, 12:14 AM
Knight Gear Ultimate = HELL NO

Fuck that thing. I'm good at avoiding attacks but that thing had the dumbest hitboxes I've ever seen since Vergil and GRIM REEPAH.

How does a frontal vertical slash hit someone behind standing it?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/SPfqsSl.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

cheapgunner
Nov 19, 2014, 12:21 AM
Fuck that thing. I'm good at avoiding attacks but that thing had the dumbest hitboxes I've ever seen since Vergil and GRIM REEPAH.

How does a frontal vertical slash hit someone behind standing it?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/SPfqsSl.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Just imagine 3 Ultimate Knight Gears chasing some pubs down a path and all three jump sword stab the ground, then raise up and multistab it all together.... >.> ( Its a limited quest boss so its probably not getting Ultimate form ).

Ultimate Falz Anger on the other hand... .... ..

Rakurai
Nov 19, 2014, 12:37 AM
I'll be sad if XH Angel doesn't randomly bust out the giant death laser without the smaller lasers preceding it.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 19, 2014, 12:38 AM
The post I was typed got deleted somehow but the tl;dr is that while they don't have completely different attacks, their aggression, the attack patterns, the different tells and the attack chains are so different it will change how the fight works. Standing beside it and hitting its butt will not work on this version.

While I get what you mean about having totally new moves, sometimes that's not necessary to have nice and varied fights. Especially since mammoth is basically an elephant anyway haha not too much more different it could fight but that.

Oh the reason why I didn't put it in rage mode is because the ultimate one never reached rage mode so the comparison is fair. It's both of them in non rage mode.

If, by "will not work", you mean "completely trivialize any difficulty to the fight", then sure, but it still has blind spots that it doesn't cover. Regardless of its new aggression, it is not behaving much more than an amped up enraged De Malmoth.

Of course, nobody said that was a bad thing or even that it was necessary. It's just not a big change like what we've seen from pretty much every other enemy. Besides the darkers. Being an elephant is no excuse, I can think of plenty of attacks that could have been given to it.

1) Place trunk into ground, exhale fire for AoEs (flame towers, flame spread, whatever)
2) Uproot tree, swing around to attack (doesn't have to actually uproot a tree, just like how Malmoths can grab balls of ice in Ruins despite there being no ice)
3) Stomp around to create shockwaves/quake-lifted pieces of ground to attack with
4) Rain down fire by exhaling fire from its trunk upwards
5) Flamethrower styled attack with trunk
6) Flaming rock throws (might actually have this since it's just a variant of its iceball throwing)
7) Grab attack with trunk (crush/burn/throw, maybe use player like a weapon similar to option 2)
8 ) Body slam (think hip checks in MH, but more balanced due to De Malmoth's poor leg structure not allowing it to perform one the same way a wyvern can)
9) Dramatic version of regular stomp that creates fiery eruptions around the battlefield (a la Vol Dragon)
10) Fireball spit from trunk
11) Powerful stomp from fore/hindleg that disrupts the ground/causes fiery explosions in an AoE around the general area of the leg/both
12) Fire breathing accompanying charge attack De Malmoth already has

(Cutting it short here, I can list more but that should be really redundant at this point)

Obviously, not all of them would work at the same time (flamethrowers and fireballs being a little redundant, for example), and not all of them are entirely new (particularly the last one, since it's just adjusting it to be a more unique, personalized version of an attack already shared between the two), but it's a list of examples for moves that would have worked. Even one extra or dramatically overhauled move. That's all I could ask for.

Regarding rage mode, I'd like to point out that Dragon Ex and its rare variant begin enraged in MPAs (dunno if that's always the case, but that's how I saw them whenever I did White Day EQ). It's not impossible that this will be the case with UQs as well, and judging by just how quickly the UQ De Malmoths moved, I think UQ enemies might always be "enraged" (quotation marks because it isn't really a rage if that's their default behavior, particularly if they have no further levels to take it).

Goukezitsu
Nov 19, 2014, 08:53 AM
If, by "will not work", you mean "completely trivialize any difficulty to the fight", then sure, but it still has blind spots that it doesn't cover. Regardless of its new aggression, it is not behaving much more than an amped up enraged De Malmoth.

Of course, nobody said that was a bad thing or even that it was necessary. It's just not a big change like what we've seen from pretty much every other enemy. Besides the darkers. Being an elephant is no excuse, I can think of plenty of attacks that could have been given to it.

1) Place trunk into ground, exhale fire for AoEs (flame towers, flame spread, whatever)
2) Uproot tree, swing around to attack (doesn't have to actually uproot a tree, just like how Malmoths can grab balls of ice in Ruins despite there being no ice)
3) Stomp around to create shockwaves/quake-lifted pieces of ground to attack with
4) Rain down fire by exhaling fire from its trunk upwards
5) Flamethrower styled attack with trunk
6) Flaming rock throws (might actually have this since it's just a variant of its iceball throwing)
7) Grab attack with trunk (crush/burn/throw, maybe use player like a weapon similar to option 2)
8 ) Body slam (think hip checks in MH, but more balanced due to De Malmoth's poor leg structure not allowing it to perform one the same way a wyvern can)
9) Dramatic version of regular stomp that creates fiery eruptions around the battlefield (a la Vol Dragon)
10) Fireball spit from trunk
11) Powerful stomp from fore/hindleg that disrupts the ground/causes fiery explosions in an AoE around the general area of the leg/both
12) Fire breathing accompanying charge attack De Malmoth already has

(Cutting it short here, I can list more but that should be really redundant at this point)

Obviously, not all of them would work at the same time (flamethrowers and fireballs being a little redundant, for example), and not all of them are entirely new (particularly the last one, since it's just adjusting it to be a more unique, personalized version of an attack already shared between the two), but it's a list of examples for moves that would have worked. Even one extra or dramatically overhauled move. That's all I could ask for.

Regarding rage mode, I'd like to point out that Dragon Ex and its rare variant begin enraged in MPAs (dunno if that's always the case, but that's how I saw them whenever I did White Day EQ). It's not impossible that this will be the case with UQs as well, and judging by just how quickly the UQ De Malmoths moved, I think UQ enemies might always be "enraged" (quotation marks because it isn't really a rage if that's their default behavior, particularly if they have no further levels to take it).

Welp new one has flame moves and fireballs so looks like you jumped the gun

LonelyGaruga
Nov 19, 2014, 01:06 PM
I was just talking about what was shown in the teaser. It's amazing that they showed 3 of them at the same time and none of them pulled off a new move in the several minutes they were on-screen. Oh well, the livestreams are truly useless then.

HeyItsTHK
Nov 19, 2014, 02:24 PM
While on the subject I do want to see an Ultimate Knight Gear and Ultimate Cougar NX. Ultimate Chrome Dragon just for kicks as well.

The Walrus
Nov 19, 2014, 02:27 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/100953-Michael-Scott-NO-gif-Imgur-C7Xd.gif