PDA

View Full Version : Healing Guard?

wargandi
Nov 19, 2014, 12:40 AM
Hey everyone I have a question about the hunter skill "healing guard". I play tank in this game with damage and so far its been a blast and I can tank any boss with my buddies and they love it since I stay in one spot tanking.

Well I decided to look at my skill tree and I always over look it "healing guard" sounds pretty awsome so I decided to give it a try after a few just guards at first me and buddy didnt notice a healing but thx to my nephew shoulder watching he kept telling me he saw 50 to 60 hp gain. I looked harder and realize ya there it is the heal and was like thats it? So my question is.....Is healing guard worth getting? or is there a way to improve healing guard. Currently I am a hunter/fighter with 1218 hp. I know it says its base off my max hp so 5% of that but is there any other way to improve it besides more hp? I understand if only option is to get more hp. Thats my goal anyway to try and reach as much hp as I can.

untrustful
Nov 19, 2014, 12:45 AM
That's your only option.

wargandi
Nov 19, 2014, 12:49 AM
So do you think its worth picking up and just practicing my just guard for every block possible?

Chimeria
Nov 19, 2014, 12:51 AM
I personally love Healing Guard. The amount that it heals may seem like a small amount but if you're really good at just defense, it adds up rather quickly. It also heals those around you for a small amount as well. I know the bouncer class has an Increase Healing ability but I'm not sure if it works in combination with that skill or not. If you use Guard Stance, there's also an ability that recovers health after each kill. The Braver has a skill that recovers health after a reversal. So there's a few options for easy health recovery.

I used to depend heavily on dodging but after using weapons with block, I've found out how awesome Just Guard is once you learn the enemies attacks.

wargandi
Nov 19, 2014, 12:53 AM
ya I gave that a try with bouncer as sub. sounded good on paper but I lost over 1k of damage with normals and my PA went way down and like 100 hp doing it with the only advangate was that when my automate proc then the whole party healed. With that said my healing guard went lower and my damage wasnt enough to hold aggro anymore.

Chimeria
Nov 19, 2014, 12:59 AM
I can believe that...It seems like Hu/Bo is more of a support class seeing that you can use technics and your tanking/recovery skills from the Guard Stance Tree.

You could try Hu/Br. I like the combination even though it's aimed more at Katana users. The cool thing about Katana though is that your just guard is also a counter/buff if you have katana gear. With healing guard it becomes a heal/buff/counter so it works well. And even if you use another weapon, there's a few skills that increase damage output.

wargandi
Nov 19, 2014, 01:04 AM
Ya I thought about that as well with the counter but then I look at the hunter skills again and you get just counter so I can just guard then right into a PA instead of a normal attack unless I am wrong and braver can do the same thing. Also I suck with katanna for some odd reason lol I cant get the JA timing right with them.

KatsuraJun
Nov 19, 2014, 01:04 AM
its not really worth the point but it won't kill you to get it.

it's just ONE point after all.

wargandi
Nov 19, 2014, 01:08 AM
part of my wants to keep Healing Guard just because I feel like I am doing more for the party. My buddies of course are like "Dude you already tanking and keeping them off of us you doing plenty" ME: but but but I want to do more. lol

Dephinix
Nov 19, 2014, 01:49 AM
Healing Guard is awesome with Iron Will and Never Give Up, you block an attack, heal, and can activate Iron Will again. In terms of normally healing, it's great against bosses compared to absorption for single boss rooms, like Adrios/Loser, etc. Sometimes that's just all you're gonna get, and for one point, what else can you spend it on?

I play Hunter Bouncer as a dewman, got myself 1726 hp as a 70/46 Hu/Bo, use Zapper Edge(+20, sorry!) with Absorption maxed. I grab Guts drink, get over 2k hp, and bam, I kill something, 25% hp to me, if someone is within Megiverse range, they get 20% of that(100 hp at least), but I'mma probably drop Megiverse anyways, so you're welcome.

Can't wait to see if it makes a difference in UQ.

wargandi
Nov 19, 2014, 01:57 AM
nice I am still working on my hp but the cost is so great to get souls and stamina on gear and weapons is what slowing me down. how does you blocking activate Iron will? I thought if you die and it has 75% proc rate to leave you at 1hp? so you would have to die first. unless I read what you wrote wrong.

Takatsuki
Nov 19, 2014, 01:58 AM
If you're playing a tank HU, you're playing the game wrong. Re-Roll and go full Fury Stance tree.

KatsuraJun
Nov 19, 2014, 01:58 AM
the problem is that if the damage is so tiny healing guard actually does anything then you probably didn't need to heal it off anyway. 950/1000 vs 1000/1000 is virtually the same thing.

if the damage is a lot then it's just not very significant, if you're at 200/1000 hp healing to 250 hp won't really change what kills you and what doesn't.

and if you're guarding perfectly enough times so that it actually does heal you to a significant level then you didn't really need to heal in the first place did you?

Dephinix
Nov 19, 2014, 02:14 AM
Sorry, I have 7 characters and don't want each one being cut throat DPS~

What I meant by Healing Guard and Iron Will/Never Give Up is it gives you 20 seconds of invincibility( server logic you'll get 17-18 ). If you chose to, you can just block an attack to go from 1 hp to whatever 5% is for you, and Iron Will can activate again, just like people did with Br/Hu. Get smacked too hard, Iron Will activated, you just performed a Just Reversal with Just Recover, and bam, it can activate again.

Takatsuki
Nov 19, 2014, 02:17 AM
Sorry, I have 7 characters and don't want each one being cut throat DPS~

What I meant by Healing Guard and Iron Will/Never Give Up is it gives you 20 seconds of invincibility( server logic you'll get 17-18 ). If you chose to, you can just block an attack to go from 1 hp to whatever 5% is for you, and Iron Will can activate again, just like people did with Br/Hu. Get smacked too hard, Iron Will activated, you just performed a Just Reversal with Just Recover, and bam, it can activate again.

Then don't play the game. Nobody needs your useless tank in their MPA.

Dephinix
Nov 19, 2014, 02:18 AM
Useless, though Sega is pushing to make this work. Gotcha.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 19, 2014, 02:23 AM
No they aren't. They're pushing for bulkier mobs (which tanks will struggle to kill without high enough damage) and high damage from enemies (which makes things like Healing Guard useless).

With striking damage being emphasized, it's more important than ever to maximize your damage, because your other teammates are going to be doing less damage than they normally would be able to. You're now an important damage dealer. Don't be a burden by compromising yourself by building excessively tanky (which is exactly what Guard Stance and Absorption are).

wargandi
Nov 19, 2014, 02:24 AM
Dont worry Dephinix I am not paying Takatsuki any attention. people like him like to troll plus my build has already proven to me that I can have fun and tank for my buddies while still putting out good dps. Plus this thread was about using Healing Guard. I can either do one of two things. Either just rid my self of it and not worry about it since it hasnt really affected my game play or two I can just practice my just guards so it procs more often making it worth it for my party members who dont have automate like me and they can just freely just keep dpsing but this would only work if I manage to get just guards almost everytime to keep the heals up. My buddies hp are around like 800 or so it wouldnt be so bad keeping Healing guard if I can just keep doing it over and over.

Oh and I understand what you mean with Iron Will and never give up. wish I had more points lol but I cant afford to lose anymore points in offense side of tree or their be no point in me holding aggro.

Dephinix
Nov 19, 2014, 02:32 AM
Yeah, it's just one point, and I honestly only use it for Iron Will rather than popping a mate or resta. If you don't worry about that one bit(if you maxed IW and NGU you're getting "20" seconds of invincibilty), you have a lot of time before any danger is actually present, so eh.