PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard error

fay
Nov 19, 2014, 10:29 AM
Not sure why this started happening. I done the update today but usually they are okay. Everyone else is fine as well so I'm assuming that it's not that. I did install the story patch when I don't usually do that so I'm going to assume it may be that. Taking into account that it says it's currently compatible, I genuinely have no other ideas what it could be.
Anyone got some ideas?

Edit: I took the story patch out and still didn't work. Really not sure of the problem again.

Angry_Ryudo
Nov 19, 2014, 05:08 PM
If it's the same GG problem I've had recently (Gameguard's error popped twice in the same session), you may have to disable your AV software.

fay
Nov 20, 2014, 06:50 AM
Ah. I shall give it a go.

Edit: Disabled my Anti-virus software and it kinda booted. Initially it gives me the same error, which is the log files from GameGuard, but then it boots up after that.
I'm going to try starting this up a few times to see if this is a common thing. If so then I'll just delete my AV software. I'm using AVG free just now so it's pretty worthless anyway haha.

Edit2: You're correct. It seems AVG free, and possible other anti-virus software is indeed making Gameguard crash. Good call mate. Thanks!

Angry_Ryudo
Nov 20, 2014, 11:16 AM
AVG here too, so pretty much the same, lol.

Stealthcmc1974
Nov 20, 2014, 11:54 AM
If you still want Antivirus, try using Avast. I use it and there's no GG issues with PSO2 whatsoever.

If it still causes issues though, at least you've got Windows Defender.