PDA

View Full Version : BSOD reeks, and I need to vent... :(

DarkWolf
Mar 8, 2001, 02:50 AM
This is a pretty long story that happened in a matter of minutes...

I was happily playing about half an hour or so... --JUST-- got into the ruins... and lag hits me. Ok, no big deal, while everyone else is standing around, I go and pick up the crap items... several minutes pass, and still no motion from the other players. "Ok," I figure, "I may as well go explore until is says that I've been disconnected (my ISP reeks)." So off I go, waiting to see that little blue box. I walk into a falling block trap, and never get to see it touch ground. The screen turns black, and I've been BSOD'ed (BTW what
is it, and what -does- it stand for, anyway?). I check out my char, and fortunately, my character is okay, but everything unequipped (ie ALL of my favorite "just-in-case" items, my Lord's Railgun, Dim Repeater, and C. Sorcerer's Cane) are gone. Bye bye, see yaz. POOF! Just like that. Gone. I'm just glad my entire inventory wasn't wiped out, or for that matter, my entire game corrupted.

Now that I've vented... why doesn't Sega do something about this, and even though Ambrai's idea about petitioning them to returning the servers to what is used to be, in my eyes isn't all that hot, why not petition them to actually FIX the BSOD problem, so us non-cheaters and non-dupers don't have to suffer. Fixing this bad of a problem should be more of a priority than to stop cheaters.

If you've had BSOD happen to you, let it be known in your replies to this.

Arcadean
Mar 8, 2001, 03:00 AM
Pull the internet plug and it should be ok. But when you get lagged for a while and you can pick up items...press start and quit. And if you just get lagged for a while, quit to be safe. I get disconnected too often so I know what its like.

DarkWolf
Mar 8, 2001, 03:10 AM
Thanks... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Ukyou
Mar 8, 2001, 06:40 AM
Yeah, what he said =P
I've been hit by BSOD (which stands for Black Screen of Death) 6 times. 5 times I've made it out safely =)

TwiNCannoN
Mar 8, 2001, 07:02 AM
If you can talk, but can't pick up items; or if nothing is responding for the most part for 30+ seconds, save and quit.. cause that usually means a BSOD is coming..

it can do 3 things iirc.. lose all unequipped items, lose all bank items, or lose char completely, someone correct me if I'm wrong.. most cases it's all unequipped items, so what I do is depending on how many players I'm playing with I'll put my better "just in case" items as you call them in the bank, especially the extra mags I'll be raising.

Ambrai
Mar 8, 2001, 11:01 AM
Sega's offical response to the BSoD is that it is a routing issue in their server ring and it would cost too much to fix.

Transilation. Suffer we are not going to fix it.