PDA

View Full Version : Android VHard Falz Tactics?

Goza
Apr 19, 2003, 07:31 PM
My first character, a HUmar unlocked ultimate at 81, and it was cake. My second character, a FOnewearl unlocked ultimate at 40 and it was not too hard.

I'm playing a HUcast now, and I've advance very quickly thanks to gear from those other characters. However, when I got to VHard ruins at 40 or so, I was getting slapped around, so I've been leveling.

I'm on level 54 now, and am itching to take on Falz. My HP is 446 and I have plenty of resist/holy, metal and god/body, etc. My only concern is healing items, since I am used to constant resta. I would like to do this first time through, and without having to drop healing items and die to get more.

I'm thinking I will take Stag Cutlery, Last Survivor, and Varista. Then 2 Resist/Holy, 1 God/Body, and 1 Metal/Body. My mag is almost 200, but has 20 def, 40 dex, and the rest pow. Can I use the last survivor's special on Dark Falz as an HP battery? My only other advantage is my mag will heal a tiny bit on 10% hp and has the Leilla hp restoring photon blast that I also plan to use to dodge swipes if I can time it well.

What are my odds with this approach, and what is a good strategy? How many scape dolls should I anticipate needing? I'm highly inexperienced with HUcast so I'd like some advice. I can level up more if I need to. Any help is appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 19, 2003, 07:39 PM
Hmm, well I am not too experienced in the ways of androids, since my first android is only level 26 (started him about 3-4 days ago) but he has access to hard. But, I would just say make sure you are stocked up on 10 monomates, 10 dimates, and 10 trimates, and maybe some star atomizers as well. That gives you 40 chances to heal, not including your mag. But with the items you say you have, you should be able to beat him. If you have an hp drain gun then when he makes a copy of your body whip out that gun and start shooting the crap out of him. Pretty much what I did with my HUnewearl on his final form is I didn't really use her Yamato too much, hardly at all. All I used really was her Custom Ray, which, although it sucks, got the job done, beat Falz first try. So far in all my boss fighting experiences I have yet to fail in killing a boss on my first try.

Goza
Apr 19, 2003, 07:49 PM
Does the drain gun tactic, when your body is stolen, damage Falz without damaging yourself?

Maelkith
Apr 19, 2003, 09:11 PM
mechguns were made for hucasts. falz first and second form hate them. if you can get a drain repeater from the store, you can use that to kill all his forms. i use guns against falz, there is no better way. use a sword to take out the darvants he spits, but stick with mechs to kill him fast. if you really cant stand mechs the stag is your second best choice.

as for drop and die-- its the best way to get to ultimate. figure it this way, you have the opportunity to unlock ultimate and you should do whatever it takes to get there. if you can boost your dex and get a lord or kings weapon, ultimate can get you to level 90 in just a few hours of exp stealing.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 19, 2003, 09:30 PM
And no, if you have an hp drain gun then use it when Falz makes a copy of your body, you will take life away from him but it will NOT hurt you.

Goza
Apr 20, 2003, 01:41 AM
I tried the drain strategy and it still hurt me, but not by too much net damage. It was a sword and not a gun though, so maybe that doesn't work.

Anyway, I beat Falz with 4 Star Atomizers left over. I used up everything else. I took 11 scape dolls too just to make sure, and only needed 2 of them.

Ultimate Forest is definitely a challenge at 57. Mostly, I miss constantly and take a good bit of damage. I think my HUcast at 65 will do as well as my HUmar did at 80 though, based on how I do now. What's a good strategy for the xp stealing without getting eaten alive in the process?

Thanks for the help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tulathis
Apr 20, 2003, 01:56 AM
What's a good strategy for the xp stealing without getting eaten alive in the process?

Well, it helps to have an experience stealing weapon with a hit percentage. You can use either a Lords or a Kings weapon with an android to steal 80 xp (the max) on Ultimate. I would take off all of your ATP adding items and equip ATA enhancing ones. Try to get a Hidelt stuck (the one in the last room is perfect) so that you can get the xp for as long as possible. With my RAcast I was able to level up from 55 to 90 on the same Hidelt. I used a Lords Railgun with 45 to hit and it took me a little more than 2 hours. If you have a mag with a Dex stat and no Power it helps out a lot, as does a God/Battle.

Maelkith
Apr 20, 2003, 02:33 AM
how to not get eaten alive when stealing exp: i mostly used a door sniping and trap strategy. if thing get too close, lay a freeze trap down. i would pop in and out of doors and fire light special special combos. when dealing with mothverts i usually whip out a lords gungnir to dispatch them. its best to use an exp stealing gun or disca to stay out of harms way.

as Tulathis' post states, you should boost your ata up and take your atp down. the longer the monsters last the more you can steal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maelkith on 2003-04-20 00:36 ]</font>

Malkavian
Apr 20, 2003, 08:52 AM
You have it very easy. My RAcast did it at lv 49 and they are a inferior class at that lv.

Dont put defense units they are useless go for power. You only need 351 hp and 10-15 elt will be enough. I always carry dimates, trimates and star atomizers to bosses. If you can get 10 monomates too. That's 40 heals, more than you will need.

And yes wear a powerful mechgun for last form when he is near and the varista when is far.

Ugh lol I should read all the topic v_v

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2003-04-20 06:54 ]</font>

Goza
Apr 20, 2003, 01:34 PM
On 2003-04-19 23:56, Tulathis wrote:

What's a good strategy for the xp stealing without getting eaten alive in the process?

Well, it helps to have an experience stealing weapon with a hit percentage. You can use either a Lords or a Kings weapon with an android to steal 80 xp (the max) on Ultimate. I would take off all of your ATP adding items and equip ATA enhancing ones. Try to get a Hidelt stuck (the one in the last room is perfect) so that you can get the xp for as long as possible. With my RAcast I was able to level up from 55 to 90 on the same Hidelt. I used a Lords Railgun with 45 to hit and it took me a little more than 2 hours. If you have a mag with a Dex stat and no Power it helps out a lot, as does a God/Battle.

That sounds like a good strategy, but I don't think I have the patience for it. Piping taxes me enough as it is. Maybe I will go back to VHard Caves and try to score another god/body or two so I can fight without getting knocked down. I do have a King's Gungnir with 25% to hit, and it gives me about 40xp per swipe. I'm taking too much damage now, so my speed is slow, and I might need to just do VHard Ruins for a bit.

On the plus side, my level 59 HUcast is doing not much worse than my 81 HUmar was when I unlocked Ultimate with him.

Morfos
Apr 20, 2003, 02:07 PM
buy healing items, drop them on the ground, die, then buy more healing items, after that fight falz.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 20, 2003, 02:17 PM
Crap! *smacks forehead* I never even thought about using xp drainage on ultimate, I guess I'll go try to get a mechgun with that special and try to level up.

Goza
Apr 20, 2003, 03:20 PM
This drainage stuff... is it just trapping something and then mechgun exp stealing the crap out of it by doing as little damage as possible?