View Full Version : Any Tolkien Fans on PSO Sign Here

htny
Mar 8, 2001, 03:30 AM
Would love to hook up and play

Characters: Tulkas, Orome
Email: [email protected]

Danger_Girl
Mar 8, 2001, 04:56 AM
Yep Danger Girls a Tolkien fan. I thought everyone was. Hey track me down anytime. It would be a pleasure.

Striker
Mar 8, 2001, 05:01 AM
I am a Tolkien fan too.
In fact, I just finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Just reading it to refresh my memory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Spy
Mar 8, 2001, 05:09 AM
A bit off the topic, but I saw the trailer to the movies, and all I can say is that I can't wait to see em.'

Danger_Girl
Mar 8, 2001, 05:13 AM
Ya I saw the trailer too. I'm really excited about it. I was curious how they would do the hobbit thing. Midgets would have been aweful as hobbits. But what I've seen from the trailers, everything looks beautiful. Now we just have to hope there's no Jar-Jar Binks type crap to mess it up.

Spy
Mar 8, 2001, 05:16 AM
Ugh! I hate that guy... I hope I never have to see such an annoying and poorly developed character in a movie again... Oh wait, he's going to be in SW Eps' 2 & 3...

Mmm... Jar-Jar steaks...

Ukyou
Mar 8, 2001, 05:45 AM
Tolkien fan right here =)

JaMaWu
Mar 8, 2001, 06:41 AM
It's kind of hard for me to imagine an RPG fan NOT being a Tolkien fan. Of course I am. In fact my second characters name is Bilbo and I think his appearance is quite appropriate for the name. Too bad I haven't had much time to invest in the character with all my Jamawu building.

htny
Mar 8, 2001, 07:04 AM
This is a great response. Most Classic RPG fans are Tolk fans, but this game is so much more like Diablo... I'll stop, gonna get flamed if I keep that up. Well all, list your char names and what you look like so I know you when I see ya, or drop your emails or AIMs

my AIM s/n is FindingHT

US Char: Tulkas HUmar White Armor LV 99
JP CHAR: Orome HUmar White Armor LV 100

Tulkas was Tolkien's Vala/God of War, and Orome, the Vala/God of the Hunt.

On JP/Amalthea Block 16 most of the time.

OH, and if you ever feel like some tolkien/pso board action, I opened a board for anyone who wants to populate it, tell me if I should post the address.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: htny on 2001-03-08 04:22 ]</font>

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 8, 2001, 08:46 AM
I have only read the "Lord of the Rings" and "The little Hobbit" but these three times (once in german, twice in english =). "The Lord of the Rings" is definetely one of my favorite books of all time (and way better than the "Wheel of Time" series BTW). I too have seen the trailers and I'm dying to see the movie. At first I thought "This is never gonna work" but after seeing the trailers I'm really looking forward to it. It was a great Idea to make a trilogy of movies out of it as well.

Jar Jar Binks a poorly developed character? LOL he was better developed than Darth Maul!
In fact he was the only Character in the entire movie who had a personality. If you like that personalty is another question. I agree that he didn't fit into the movie very well but who cares, it was utter shite anyway. I actually think that Jar Jar was the best thing about the entire movie. Muwhahaha, let the flames beginn.

Spy
Mar 8, 2001, 08:57 AM
Well, I guess if you take into account that all Jar Jar does is act like a slurring, stammering idiot then I guess he hits the mark =) Darth Maul was well developed, he was supposed to be evil and he took out Qui-Gwon(sp) without a second thought. But the only character that I really liked watching was Palpantine, because you could tell right from the start how he's $%^&ing with everyone and winning. Now, I'll shuttup so someone else can knock this post back on track.

purhaze
Mar 8, 2001, 10:02 AM
i love his books, ive read lord of the rings trilogy about 10 times now lol

MechDan
Mar 8, 2001, 12:58 PM
My favorite Tolkien story is the HOME poem version of "Of Beren and Luthien" (I don't recall the title at the moment). I have a FOnewear named Tinuviel.

Cyanide
Mar 8, 2001, 04:37 PM
I've been a Tolkien fan since 8 years old when I saw the movie the Hobbit. I then read the book and finaly the trio of books. Tolkien is awesome. He had a great imagination and spread his imaginative genius to all of us. Go J.R.R. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Seutekh
Mar 8, 2001, 04:47 PM
*sings*
"When I get that feelin' I want sexual healin'... Sexual Heaaalin..."

Oh... *ahem* sorry.

Yeah, I like Tolkien. Not gung-ho or anything, but I'll agree anytime that he's one of the greatest storytellers of Western civilization.

xeku
Mar 8, 2001, 04:48 PM
Long time Tolkien fan here.

One of my characters, "Bill", is a 23rd level, "vertically challenged" HUmar.
Named after Mr. Baggins of course...

Xeku

Ukyou
Mar 8, 2001, 05:35 PM
Well, at least a fair amount of us are fans of Phantasy Star 1-4, and those are classic RPGs =) And about the Diablo remark, have you read that PSO is like Diablo2 thing yet? It's a good read. =) PSO/Diablo2 Comparison (http://atarilabs.com/meat/2001/0302_PSOD2.shtml)

onexero
Mar 8, 2001, 05:51 PM
Xeku: You sure you didn't name you character Bill after the pony that Sam takes with them from Bree to the entrance to Moria? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Pollo_loco
Mar 8, 2001, 09:34 PM
The Silmarillion was good. I have Unfinished Tales lying around here somewhere, but can't seem to find it... Christmas 2001 for the first movie, no? I haven't read fantasy for a long while. McCaffrey and her fellows were quite entertaining, but I think I loved T.H. White's story the most.