PDA

View Full Version : Question about the disc for GCN PSO.

CGoodness
Apr 19, 2003, 10:07 PM
So, I started playing PSO because my freinds bought it and i made a file on my GCN memory card with the system file and guildcard file and all that. I am now planning on buying PSO for myself and possibly going to play online. My question was about the disc. There's a code that i think you have to enter for something when you go online thats on each PSO box. Since I made my files on my friends discm does that mean that I will have to make new characters because the files won't work with the disc code thing?
I have one more question... if i play online, does it only work for one memory card or can i use both memory cards that i have PSO characters on?
I'm sorry if you don't unterstand my questions, they're kinda vague.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 19, 2003, 10:33 PM
If you went online with your character, you tied your friend's serial number to it. Thus it would need to be deleted or get reset by a hacked server.

If you never went online with the character and never entered the serial number and access key, then you can probably buy your own copy of PSO at the store and use your own serial and access.

I use two memory cards with my characters and I can get online using my one set of serial number and access key.

CGoodness
Apr 19, 2003, 10:38 PM
Sweet.. I'll have no problems then... the only thing that reely blows is that my mom won't play for my hunters' license (im 13 i got no money) until i give up my nintendo power subscription and cut down on the mall trips for DDR and laser tag and not until my birthday which isnt till october GOD DAMMIT!
but i can still get the game and play offline till then.

CrazyJ
Apr 20, 2003, 05:24 AM
On 2003-04-19 20:38, CGoodness wrote:
Sweet.. I'll have no problems then... the only thing that reely blows is that my mom won't play for my hunters' license (im 13 i got no money) until i give up my nintendo power subscription and cut down on the mall trips for DDR and laser tag and not until my birthday which isnt till october GOD DAMMIT!
but i can still get the game and play offline till then.

Run away!!! Run away from PSO FAST!!!

It's like crack I say...don't get hooked kid, go to the mall and play Laser Tag with your REAL LIFE FRIENDS.

Dammit, I need a fix

*turns on PSO* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GIHeavyDuty
Apr 20, 2003, 10:57 AM
amen brother pso is crack your young and have a life, go play some sports find the joy of girls, and try some drugs.... what im sayn is once you start you'll be there for a very very very very long ass time. and this shit goes deep to. you go in say hey its a game next thing you know you thinkn its real and you got to step back grab onto realty and walk off just to find your slef tweekn 3 days later on pso withdraw. SOP WHILE YOUR AHEAD!
ok im done

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GIHeavyDuty on 2003-04-20 08:58 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Apr 20, 2003, 11:25 AM
ST have really relaxed the serial number system from the DC version. Before your character was tied to a serial number and the console it was started on becasue the serial number had to match with the character and the modem. If they didn't and you played with it on someone elses console it became corrupted. Now you can play on any console on or offline because the modem cannot store serial numbers. Its just in the internet file. Thearetically, if you delete the internet file on your card, then you should be able to use another serial number. I don't recommend this as it might screw you save up, nothing new from PSO. But if your going to get it, make sure you use your own serial number with your own character. Otherwise if you have your friends serial number, both of you can't be online at the smae time.

2Xtreme
Apr 20, 2003, 12:53 PM
Run away!!! Run away from PSO FAST!!!

It's like crack I say...don't get hooked kid, go to the mall and play Laser Tag with your REAL LIFE FRIENDS.

Dammit, I need a fix

*turns on PSO* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Exactly!

Kthak
Apr 20, 2003, 01:15 PM
On 2003-04-20 08:57, GIHeavyDuty wrote:
amen brother pso is crack your young and have a life, go play some sports find the joy of girls, and try some drugs.... what im sayn is once you start you'll be there for a very very very very long ass time. and this shit goes deep to. you go in say hey its a game next thing you know you thinkn its real and you got to step back grab onto realty and walk off just to find your slef tweekn 3 days later on pso withdraw. SOP WHILE YOUR AHEAD!
ok im done

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GIHeavyDuty on 2003-04-20 08:58 ]</font>

What.... are.... girls? I forgot.

Scrub
Apr 20, 2003, 01:24 PM
CGoodness, I can totally relate to you and your mom! I even had enough money for the Modem Adapter, AND three months worth of a Hunter's Lisence, and my Gramma still wouldn't let me get it!>< So I had to settle for getting a new Memory Card instead...x_x And for everybody saying to 'Not get addicted to PSO,' I'm addicted to all Video Games..I leave my room to go to school, eat, shit, piss, and go over friends houses(and when I'm there, we just play..more video games) only. But don't worry, everybody! I shall find some way to get online, even if I must do something illegal to do it!(OJ)

CGoodness
Apr 21, 2003, 04:00 PM
umm. all you people saying dont get addicted and stuff...
i still hang out with my friends alot even if i did give up going to laser tag and stuff like that.
theres dances (my school has 8 a year)
and i talk to everyone online almost every night
and i dont usually get addicted i just want to play but i cant put my priorities in the right order
thanks for the advice, though.

CrazyJ
Apr 21, 2003, 04:22 PM
On 2003-04-21 14:00, CGoodness wrote:
umm. all you people saying dont get addicted and stuff...
i still hang out with my friends alot even if i did give up going to laser tag and stuff like that.
theres dances (my school has 8 a year)
and i talk to everyone online almost every night
and i dont usually get addicted i just want to play but i cant put my priorities in the right order
thanks for the advice, though.

That's what we all said...

**Quits his job and runs home to play MORE PSO***

CGoodness
Apr 21, 2003, 04:26 PM
is that a joke or a warning?
i wasnt addicted offline when i had it borrowed from my friend...

MadCowChuck_
Apr 21, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-04-21 14:26, CGoodness wrote:
is that a joke or a warning?
i wasnt addicted offline when i had it borrowed from my friend...

Does the Surgeon General mess around? Have you check his warning for this game? It's like a giant pamphlet!

*Burns pamphlet and goes back to play PSO*

CGoodness
Apr 21, 2003, 08:19 PM
u ppl gotta be joking!
i play video games for most of my day but i always make sure i go online or outside for a few hours a day to talk to girls/friends and all that
i think i could avoid addiction
also, my mom doesnt want me tying up the phone line with the modem adaptor haha

MadCowChuck_
Apr 21, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-04-21 18:19, CGoodness wrote:
u ppl gotta be joking!
i play video games for most of my day but i always make sure i go online or outside for a few hours a day to talk to girls/friends and all that
i think i could avoid addiction
also, my mom doesnt want me tying up the phone line with the modem adaptor haha

Oh yeah. You're saying that now. Hell, that's what I said before I played PSO.

But after I played it...I became a recluse. Hours of hunching over my tattered controller made me bend at a 90-degree angle...something even Quasimoto can't attest to. And now, I don't even hang up posters of girls or rock bands, anymore...no, no...it's posters of Boomas with red spraypaint on them saying, "DIE BOOMA! DIE IN A PIT OF YOUR OWN SHAME IN A POOL OF YOUR OWN FILTHY BLOOD! HOW DOES ALL OF THIS FIT ON A MEASLY POSTER? IT'S A REALLY BIG POSTER AND A REALLY SMALL CAN OF SPRAYPAINT!"

And recently, I moved out and bought an abandoned outhouse...put a phone jack in it and everything. Now I play PSO all day and all night, taking the occasional 5-minute rest to...well, nevermind. It's an outhouse, you figure it out.

Believe me, a few minutes of PSO, and you'll forget with outside is. Which reminds me...what is outside?

CGoodness
Apr 21, 2003, 08:45 PM
i guess i wont protest anymore.
u still think PSO is a good game though, right?

MadCowChuck_
Apr 21, 2003, 08:49 PM
A good game? PSO is as close to my God right now as God himself.

Uhmmm...er...yes. Buy it now. NOW.

Klakalou
Apr 21, 2003, 09:29 PM
ok im done

u have no idea, i was seeing red boxes in my dreams at one time >_<

PinkyBloodyArt
Apr 22, 2003, 03:50 AM
On 2003-04-20 11:15, Kthak wrote:

ok im done

What.... are.... girls? I forgot.

I think that is what my wife is??
YEa thats right, wonder who that guy
is who has been staying around her?
o well (turns back on PSO)
O yea I have a daughter too, wait
why isn't she crying?? what she's telling
me she is a big girl now? strange yesterday she
was a baby. wait that was 2 years ago
time to play PSO