PDA

View Full Version : Taking care of your favorite items

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 19, 2003, 10:52 PM
http://users.adelphia.net/~snappurunyanko/pso-world.com/postbait.jpg
I'll make it quick! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif
Some people are still complaining about losing items.

Protection from losing your best items due to the game freezing or the power going out.
Equip and keep equipped your favorite weapon, armor, shield/barrier/merge, mag, and support units when you are:
Using a red, blue, boss, or pioneer 2 teleporter to travel to the next level of an area. i.e. When warping from Forest 1 to Forest 2, warping to a boss fight, or warping from Pioneer 2 to Forest 1.
Using a telepipe/ryuker to or from Pioneer 2.
Using the check room/bank or any of the item shops.
You can carry more weapons with you, but you risk losing them. Whichever items are equipped during the above events will be "safe". That means you can carry a crappy varista gun around to shoot down traps or flying monsters. It's important to equip your favorite, can't-afford-to-lose-it weapon when you do the above list of actions.

The next rule is for when you return to the lobby or go on a quest. Equip your main items on pioneer 2 and deposit any extra treasure in your check room. This will "save" those equipped items. Using the shops is just as good, since the game saves when you leave the shops.

My final rule: Do not return to Pioneer 2 if you have died and no one can revive you. Why? Because your weapon is unequipped, you'll warp back to Pioneer 2, and then the game will automatically save without the weapon equipped. Instead, you are advised to soft reset the game by pressing the reset button, or X+B+start on the gamecube controller. Equip your item in offline mode, then you can save and return to online mode. Hey, it's a good time to mule off your items to other character, yeah X3.

Common sense
Always remind yourself (and any other non-serious gamers around) that the game needs to complete saving before you turn off the power. Even though the game freaking says not to, some people are too tired at times =x_x=.

Uber-paranoia
Buy an Uninterruptable Power Supple (UPS) for your gamecube and TV/monitor. If the power happens to go out while the game is saving, your files will be toast, corrupted, useless.

FAQ
No, I didn't draw that image =>_<=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko on 2003-04-22 18:30 ]</font>

BurgerDog_
Apr 19, 2003, 11:34 PM
Pressing reset saves your game? I didn't know that.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 19, 2003, 11:38 PM
Yes, meow X3. Well, only online. You know, I didn't mention this guide is for online play. Oh well, they'll get it sooner or later.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 21, 2003, 10:00 PM
On 2003-04-19 21:34, BurgerDog_ wrote:
Pressing reset saves your game? I didn't know that.

That figures. I've been saying that for quite some time now..

Vyse-Dyne
Apr 22, 2003, 11:58 AM
Are you Sure about pressing Reset !?

Eum
Apr 22, 2003, 12:05 PM
No. SnAPPLE just says so because it wants there to be many unhappy HUmars!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 22, 2003, 02:26 PM
View to reply ratio is looking gruesome! I'll put a HUnewearl in the top post or something =>_>=

You could pull the phoneline or ethernet jack. Yay, so many fun ways to save.

Elvendar
Apr 22, 2003, 02:32 PM
Well, this seems like a simple guide for all those people who complain about FSOD and self-corruptions. Good work, Snapple. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

P.S. More HUnnys please! Thankayou http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Droxitr
Apr 22, 2003, 08:07 PM
Mmmm... HUnewearl...

Might wanna make this sticky or into a guide.

Mello
Apr 22, 2003, 08:24 PM
Thats a nice drawing snapple did you draw it? =]

Anisha__J-Hunter
Apr 22, 2003, 10:43 PM
Back to the actual topic...

I never had a freeze in game or was that unlucky to have a loss of power while playing. But due to the old DC days I am still very paranoid.

So I am using the method explained.

For example:
Always having Spread Needle equiped at save points, while having 2 other "cheap" weapons with me like Charge Vulcan and Charge Rifle. (can buy em in Shop after hitting level 151)

Same goes when entering the Falz warp since you could get endless pipe screen if unlucky.

KingKento
May 5, 2003, 09:19 PM
i know its off topic, but who did draw that, thats really good art.

Getintothegame
May 5, 2003, 09:44 PM
On 2003-04-22 12:26, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
View to reply ratio is looking gruesome! I'll put a HUnewearl in the top post or something =>_>=

You could pull the phoneline or ethernet jack. Yay, so many fun ways to save.

'Pop the lid!'

Ryo_Hayasa
May 6, 2003, 10:12 PM
the picture's file is called post bait XD.
yeah if you FSOD (non buzzing) save yourself by disconnectiong the cord, works everytime as i've seen.
heh almost lost holy ray today to a BSOD ^x.x^ thats bastard!

bascially. BSOD= Screwed.
rainy days, DONT PLAY ONLINE. just don't

ummm what was that about a back up power for the TV/GC?
where would you find this item?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
May 7, 2003, 01:33 AM
Officemax, bestbuy, office supply stores.
They're probably in the same place as the power supplies.

You could look around at http://www.apc.com. I use their Back-UPS CS 350.

Some more expensive units can keep a computer and monitor on for 15 minutes, while others can keep it online just long enough for you to safely shut down.

Another important factor is the number of battery-backed-up plugs. I have three plugs for my monitor, computer, and gamecube. 3 other plugs are only surge protected.

One last thing, I think, is the watts. I'm not good with electricity terms, but you want to make sure you won't overload what the battery can handle in case the power goes out.