PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Awesome, FSOD oonn X

Blenjar
Apr 20, 2003, 01:01 PM
I got Frozen like 4 times but didn't lose a 1 mesetaunequiped stuffs just so great, not more fear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-04-20 13:16 ]</font>

Muku6
Apr 20, 2003, 02:03 PM
Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but... on GC I never lost mesta from FSOD's. Just unequipped items.

Reenee
Apr 20, 2003, 02:06 PM
On 2003-04-20 12:03, Muku6 wrote:
Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but... on GC I never lost mesta from FSOD's. Just unequipped items.

I have. Lots of times. I am lucky NOT to lose cash.

Morfos
Apr 20, 2003, 02:08 PM
When ever you get fsod right when you get online, b4 entering a game, you do not loose unequiped items and probably not cash either.

GuerillaPimp
Apr 20, 2003, 02:12 PM
Blenjar, what were you doing when you got FSOD? Online/offline, saving fighting?? I keep hearing about getting FSOD but no one says how they got it.

Sheik1
Apr 20, 2003, 02:37 PM
I got FSOD three times. I will describe below:

1. I was returning to lobby from a game using the teleporter in the hunter's guild. It froze with an overhead view of lobby and a constant buzz from the speaker. The GCN hard-locked. Nothing worked but tunring of the power. I lost all unequiped items in my inventory. All in bank was just fine. All that I had equipped was just fine...thank goodness.

2. I was playing online solo in Mines 2. I think I was on Antares 08 or Altair 02. I do not remember. The game froze as I was in the level waling from one room to the next. Again the system hard-locked and I had to turn it off. I lost all unequipped items in my inventory.

3. I was playing online in a team and I just froze. This was wierd because I never had this problem before. I was quite supprised. I just turned off the GCN and restarted PSO and rejoined the game. I lost all unequipped items. I told my team mates what happened and they were suppried.

I have never gotten FSODx. This is when you get FSOD during a save. This WILL corrupt your character data as the GCN has to delete then re-write your save file when it saves. This is just how the GCN memory works.

Reenee
Apr 20, 2003, 02:43 PM
I can relate. I merely entered Vega 3 into a trading room and I just left from my deposit area. I took a few steps and buzzy screen! I lost my cash. I am SOOO lucky I didn't bring out anything. It was the first time this happened.

Blenjar
Apr 20, 2003, 03:24 PM
What i meant by FSOD is, while joinin' a game, that Star Trek flashin' joint, that's the part I got Frozen is both Xbox and Cube, since Cube has double savin', that was how I got corrupted.
On the Cube, it made noisy sound, on the X, it didn't, so it must be somethin' else.

AzNBoi320
Apr 20, 2003, 03:28 PM
I got FSOD when I was entering a game on XBOX http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Good thing i didnt lose my good items

Blenjar
Apr 20, 2003, 03:41 PM
On 2003-04-20 13:28, AzNBoi320 wrote:
I got FSOD when I was entering a game on XBOX http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Good thing i didnt lose my good items

Yes, that's what im talkin' about.

GuerillaPimp
Apr 20, 2003, 04:15 PM
someone stated earlier that it all must be sonic teams fault. now i see why. even without the constant saving during an online game, ppl are still getting FSOD'ed on the xbox. IF there is a PSO sequel in the works, sonic team BETTER had get this fixed...or Sonic Team can take a page from Unreal Championship and release a patch to correct it

serialtoon
Apr 20, 2003, 04:27 PM
I got FSOD yesterday on my XBOX! I was playing in Forest 1 and i was alone for a long time. Then i decided to change weapons using the quick weapon change and then at the exact same time someone joined my game and BOOM FSOD! There was an annoying loud noise, buzzing like, and then i had to restart the game. I lost all my UNequipped items and my money. Why dont they install a rollback feature? or HEY maybe SEGA can grow a damn brain and fix this issuse thats been plauging the damn game since day one? meaning the dreamcast days? But its all good, at least they charge us 8.95/month to screw us in the ass a few times...LOVELY!

Tigertron
Apr 20, 2003, 05:42 PM
It might be that your connection is too slow that is usually why you are disconnected so get ur fat ass of that 56k computer connection crap!!!! lol just kidding

Captain_Dude
Apr 20, 2003, 08:04 PM
I have never has a SOD during my play on PSOX. I'm so happy... God I love this!

Shoryu
Apr 21, 2003, 03:56 AM
on xbox, i tried to leave a game as soon as someone joined. it froze, for a long while.. i was afraid to turn it off, so i unplugged my ethernet cable. boom, it said connection lost, then went to the saving screen. character is left intact.
try that whenever the game "freezes"... it helped me.

Danderdag
Apr 21, 2003, 05:33 AM
Honestly it doesn't bug me as much as it should, just because on the DC version it was so much worse..corrupted characters anyone?

Long---Shot
Apr 21, 2003, 08:21 AM
ide like to know those of you that have gotten an FSOD on xbox what kind of connection u are using. CABLE? or DSL? im using dsl and havent had any problems so far. i know cable can suddenly dip in connection speed depending on how many ppl are using it in your area.

jimmer_jammer
Apr 21, 2003, 10:56 AM
FSOD is going to happen in PSO on any console, no doubt. I just hope the xbox version is less then dc. The FSODs on dc seemed to have decrease now that not many people play anymore.

Snortonator
Apr 21, 2003, 01:54 PM
mine froze when i just entered the game. it looked as if i was ontop of somehting looking down. I get disconnected aloyt but i have been frozen 3 times in the first 3 days that i got it? wtf is that? lol neways ya psox is awsome

Snortonator
Apr 21, 2003, 01:55 PM
also, i think fsod happens becuz of a dupe free program they r using. Maybe they thiink ur droping and disconnecting really fast.