PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Photon Blast education campaign

CrashCat
Apr 20, 2003, 01:01 PM
Once again, the manual fails to explain the tricks of photon blasts (or anything other than "go online for the REAL manual", for that matter), including multiple people using theirs at the same time and donating spare PB to another blast as it gears up. Is there a definitive guide on this somewhere around the site?

Anyway, to explain the subject, over voice chat it's much easier to educate others about these tricks of the Photon Blast than it has been before. I'm going to make an effort to try to teach people, but I'd like to have all my facts straight first (if possible) and it would of course work better if others did as well... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrashCat on 2003-04-20 11:05 ]</font>

Reenee
Apr 20, 2003, 01:08 PM
I think doing simultaneous Photon Blasts were supposed to be discovered on one's own, but I'm curious about this PB donation. Care to explain how that works?

CrashCat
Apr 20, 2003, 01:47 PM
The top icon on the action thingy changes when someone's PB is starting up, just for a second (when you would normally have to hit your own PB if you wanted to chain them) if you've got any PB. If you hit that button then (the yellow one on Xbox) it'll give 10 off your gauge to the person doing their blast, and I think you can only give up to 30. I forget if you have to hold the right trigger or not to get at it, but the icon doesn't change very long so it's easy to miss (just like it's easy to miss understanding why there's a big "1" by the person's name who's doing the first blast in the chain).

s3rial_one
Apr 20, 2003, 02:57 PM
To clarify, when someone else uses a PB, and you hear that initial noise, start mashing the Y button (for XBox & GCN) to donate your energy to the blast. If it works, you'll see your PB guage decrease and those lines similar to anti/resta/shifta/deband will streak towards the person using the PB. The resuslt is a more powerful PB.

Case in point: I'm clearing the mines with some friends. A teammate's pilla does ~400 damage to a garanz. Next time he uses the blast on a garanz, I donate as much energy as I can, and it does over 1100.

I've heard (although I've yet to experiment) that 4 people donating energy to a Meilla/Youlla PB can result in thousands of ATP and DFP.