PDA

View Full Version : How do I fight Mericarol on Ultimate offline with a HUnie?

Webapprentice
Apr 20, 2003, 07:09 PM
This is embarrassing. I'm in Jungle Area East trying to fight the Mericarol, but it's seems to have a 100% effective Megid attack.

How do I fight it? Engage it up close or what?
If I try to fight at a distance, it shoots faster than I can shoot it.

Jae
Apr 20, 2003, 07:26 PM
I haven't played a HUnnie seriously in almost two months, so I'm sure someone out there will have a better strategy...

I always stood relatively close to the Mericarol and just repeatedly spamed Rabarta (it helps if you have level 20). The slow speed of the Rabarta is timed well enough to stun it over and over so it can't shoot at you or attack you. Sooner or later, it would freeze and that's when I would just throw out a quick Zalure then unload on it with mechguns. Go back to spamming Rabarta if you can't kill it within the first freeze. Good luck.

*edit* Forgot the Zalure part.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-04-20 17:28 ]</font>

Webapprentice
Apr 20, 2003, 07:29 PM
Hmm, for some odd reason, Rabarta 20 doesn't necessarily stun it. This thing is pernicious. Far away, it shoots Megid. Point blank, it tries to claw you or exfoliate Megid.

Sigh.

TeamPhalanx
Apr 20, 2003, 07:40 PM
Three approaches.

First is to ambush it. It always appear in the same spot, so you can just stand behind it with your most powerful weapon (double saber or twin sword type) and smack it as soon as it appear. You should be able to get 2 combos in before it turns around.

Second is to use a handgun. Just keep hitting it from a distance and it'll never get the chance to use its attack; however, it may rush at you. If it does, just step aside and keep hitting it with a gun.

Distance is your friend. Mercarol cannot sense you at maximum rifle range. So, if you got and can use either a HOLY RAY or INFERNO BAZOOKA, you can attack it w/o fear of retaliation.

Webapprentice
Apr 20, 2003, 07:51 PM
I can't outdistance it with an Inferno Bazooka. It already has appeared. My bazooka's range is not longer than its Megid.

It's just waiting for me to get into a distance where it can detect me and start attacking.

;.; I died for the 7th time as of this writing. Also, those little plants keep sprouting up. Do they ever go away?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Webapprentice on 2003-04-20 18:09 ]</font>

Jae
Apr 20, 2003, 10:41 PM
Ok your persistant troubles made me dust off the old Meteor Cudgel and try this sub-boss again with my HUnewearl. I let the Mericarol spawn and ran back to the doorway to simulate your situation.

I ran straight for the Mericarol while dodging the Super-Megid. I stood right next to it point blank range (practically hugging it) and hit it with Jellen first so that the claw strikes would be bearable. I repeatedly hit Rabarta until it froze. If I got hit, I used a Trimate. Once the plant froze, I smacked it with a Meteor Cudgel combo. It only took two combos to take the Mericarol down. Now if it spews the Megid cloud, then you're SOL and just try again lol, but it didn't do that to me at all.

Oh by the way, I just ignored the little plants. The Mericarol was dead before they could even make it up the steps. 0_o

polishedweasel
Apr 21, 2003, 12:46 AM
So... is that what lv. 30 Megid really looks like? Or is it just the stupid flower's special mix? It looks really cool.
Anyway, I just got done doing an Ultimate CCA run. I got killed by Mericarol, about 5 times. Even with my Snow queen and guld milla, the damn thing still found time to get a shot of Megid in there. I laughed everytime I died. I love megid death. It's so comedic.

rena-ko
Apr 21, 2003, 08:49 AM
hm... i did it 1 time so far and had no problems with around lvl 120, s-rank twin +250, shifta 19, ata/atp mag (n-h-h combo = 2000-2200 damage) and the usual 20 dark defence.
mericarol died right after it was able to hit me once with its scissors/claws/well you know...

about the assisting plants/gees/apes... ignore them or if they are bugging you, decimate them completely before starting to kill the sub-boss (gi gue), or kill everyone except one to prevent the next wave to appear.

Goza
Apr 21, 2003, 11:10 AM
Can you take 4 resist/devil and some good dark defense gear? I know loaded up like that, ob lillies can peck away at you and it'll just glance off 90% of the time.

rena-ko
Apr 21, 2003, 11:15 AM
in ult, delsaber shield, 1 resist devil and an usual armor with some dark resist (-> 55-60 dark resist) are enough to survive most of the lilly's megid in caves on- and offline. i dunno about the mericarols megidlevel but well have a scapedoll with you...