PDA

View Full Version : Why are U.S : P.S.O ships so empty ???

eXo
Apr 20, 2003, 07:42 PM
can anyone please explain to me why the ships are always so empty and even antares 8 isnt this like pso worlds favorite ship ?

Blenjar
Apr 20, 2003, 07:46 PM
We all smart ones move to Xbox.

Scrub
Apr 20, 2003, 07:48 PM
All you ones that AREN'T POOR moved to Xbox, you mean.><

pErFeCt_34
Apr 20, 2003, 07:59 PM
Well the US ships were never to populated to begin with.

Raist
Apr 20, 2003, 08:05 PM
What time are you logging on? Antares 8 usually has at least 80 people every time I go online in the evening.

Riel
Apr 20, 2003, 08:12 PM
When i logged in today at around 4 EST on Xbox PSO,there was close to 2000 people online.Granted the game is still new but i think that's pretty good numbers...not sure if this hurts the GC PSO for now but maybe that's a reason.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 20, 2003, 08:22 PM
wow 2000 is really good for being so new.

Auracom
Apr 20, 2003, 08:26 PM
Not that empty lol... I'd rather have a smaller community anyways. Everybody knows everybody else. Not bad when you think about it. Just goto to Japanese ships if you want to see more people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I prefer empty ships less lag.

Captain_Dude
Apr 20, 2003, 08:28 PM
Heh, try being me, the only time I'm really awake and able to play is like 4 AM! Noone is online at that time... Every time I join Celestite 8 the only words out of me mouth are "Empty as hollow dog!" Which makes no sense, but I don't care!

But I hate being forced to play in the wee hours of the morning... must fix sleep schedule!

MadCowChuck_
Apr 20, 2003, 08:52 PM
Hmmm...well it's obvious that a form of the Black Plague that travels through Internet lines has spread into the American SEGA severs for PSOGCN. Why not the European server? God knows...I guess they screwed up the first plague.

Either that, or...ummm...they're waiting for the government to lower the national security risk?

eXo
Apr 20, 2003, 09:57 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif well I guess a smaller commnuty is better in its own way, but im new online so I also would like to see a ship fully populated just once http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MilkManX
Apr 21, 2003, 01:43 AM
The PSOX ships are pretty packed. I think some former GCN players like myself went to play PSOX.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 21, 2003, 09:30 AM
i still dont see why people are moving to the xbox verison.. it doesnt offer anything other than voice chat.. item loss and character corruptions still happen (at least thats what one of my japanese freinds tells me)

Riffin
Apr 21, 2003, 09:37 AM
Is it just me or does every post of "Blenjar" seem to be a fanboy one? Why do two versions of the exact same game have to fight because they are on different systems? XBOX and GC should unite to get rid PS2 (jk), because sony kicks both our arses in sales. And for the record, the past two months (if we must compete) Nintendo has outsold Xbox in total sales.

Get with it people, these games are the same, cost roughly the same, and we all get pretty much the same stuff at the same time. Just have fun with PSO and don't bring any of your videogame-racism here. I knew this would happen. The site is becoming slowly divided into PSOGC and PSOX. Sigh....

rena-ko
Apr 21, 2003, 09:41 AM
On 2003-04-21 07:37, Riffin wrote:
Is it just me or does every post of "Blenjar" seem to be a fanboy one? Why do two versions of the exact same game have to fight because they are on different systems? XBOX and GC should unite to get rid PS2 (jk), because sony kicks both our arses in sales. And for the record, the past two months (if we must compete) Nintendo has outsold Xbox in total sales.

Get with it people, these games are the same, cost roughly the same, and we all get pretty much the same stuff at the same time. Just have fun with PSO and don't bring any of your videogame-racism here. I knew this would happen. The site is becoming slowly divided into PSOGC and PSOX. Sigh....

i second your whole post, honestly, its sad..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-04-21 07:43 ]</font>

Riffin
Apr 21, 2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the support Rena. If it weren't for all the friends I have on this site, I would seriously stop coming. I'm already sick of reading people's anti-whatever system/game/thing comments.

Starman
Apr 21, 2003, 09:58 AM
Just as a matter of intrest how many players are normally on the GCN EU servers?

Snortonator
Apr 21, 2003, 01:44 PM
i have never played psogcn but i love PSOX. i tend to go to the third ship alot becuz i have a shitty connection and get dropped ALOT!

Muku6
Apr 21, 2003, 03:27 PM
I beg to differ. Costs are not the same.

To even play offline you need XBox Live! That's 50 first year, plus ISP costs. Then after the first year, from what I understand, you pay montly for XBox Live. Yea, I understand with XBox Live you can get on for other games, but some of us aren't hugely into online gaming and would prefer just to stick to PSO. GC is the way to go if you just want PSO, IMHO.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 21, 2003, 03:36 PM
Exactly so. I'm not poor. I'm not stupid. I just don't want to play extra cash for online gaming that I probably won't use much anyhow. I like PSO just fine, and I'm good with waiting for more.

On a side note...Government conspiracy!

RawRebel
Apr 21, 2003, 06:56 PM
I beg to differ. Costs are not the same.

To even play offline you need XBox Live! That's 50 first year, plus ISP costs. Then after the first year, from what I understand, you pay montly for XBox Live. Yea, I understand with XBox Live you can get on for other games, but some of us aren't hugely into online gaming and would prefer just to stick to PSO. GC is the way to go if you just want PSO, IMHO.

You have to buy an adapter to play on GC so big deal.

BeatZero
Apr 21, 2003, 07:37 PM
dude GC servers are in no way empty, i have to sneak into antares 8 almost everytime i log on (you all know the choice search trick too get into full servers). but i only play there so i dont know aobut other places.

deathcircuit
Apr 22, 2003, 05:48 AM
I also find that the pso ships are depressingly empty when I log on...

IceBlink
Apr 22, 2003, 05:53 AM
The ship is full at various times.

You just pick the wrong times when everyone is either sleeping or doing something else. o_O

steve_murton
Apr 22, 2003, 06:27 AM
i agree GC PSO is much cheaper that X-BOX just get the GC one,there not exactly different and it is just a populer as X-BOX so quit whining and face the facts!

-LordNikon-
Apr 22, 2003, 08:06 AM
Well all I know is once I get this new site up I am working on, which focuses on online console gaming, it will allow for some serious game scheduling, and organized gameplay. PSO will be heavily represented. JUST WAIT AND SEE *grins*

Check the general forum in the next 2 days for a formal statement, along with URL and description.

I have been working like crazy for the past week on it, and many sleepless nights.

Here is a brief synopsis preview about the site:
A brand new website focusing on the coordination of, and prolongment for onlinegaming via the home console system. Each site featured here focuses on a single system, and is autonomous from the other.

XBOX is currently not included in our roster, non of the admins of this new site currently own an xbox. Secondly, we feel there are more XBOXlive communities available than the systems to be featured on this new site. XBOX will most likely be added to our roster in the future. However at this time its not possibly for us to in anyway adequitly administrate or run that section of the site.

Anyways, watch the general forums for a statement.

Hopefully we can get those GC pso lobbies packed 24/7 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Nothin wrong with being a little ambitious hehe.

ok NOW i am gonna get a few hours of sleep, then back to the grindstone.

-LordNikon