PDA

View Full Version : "Runs"

XtremeSurfer683
Apr 20, 2003, 08:35 PM
Ok, when you guys say "I just do 10 "Runs" in the forest and found nothing" What do you mean by runs? Doin' Levels consecutively or what? Do you do the forest then a mission then the forest and so on? Or what, I know this is a lame question but, But I just wanna know if i'm doin' these "runs" wrong cause I ain't findin' jack.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 20, 2003, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I don't like it either. A "run" is a complete pass through a level from start to finish. I would rather call them "passes." It just about annoying as someone "eating" a material.

XtremeSurfer683
Apr 20, 2003, 09:41 PM
I understood that part but how do you do 10 in a row? or more? just do a "run" then do a mission to reset the levels then do another "run"?

Axon13
Apr 20, 2003, 10:06 PM
some people save and quit the game while others do the mission thing. either way involves saving your progress and reloading the information of the game world.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 20, 2003, 10:12 PM
Runs is just what everybody is used to calling it. When I say I have done 20 runs through the forest that means (not necessarily all on the same day) I did a complete pass through the forest, start to end of boss, quit the game, then did another one.

Alizar
Apr 20, 2003, 10:23 PM
if u run it 10 times doesnt mean ull find ne thing its like the probility...

Vanango
Apr 20, 2003, 11:44 PM
On 2003-04-20 18:39, RagMasterRappy wrote:
Yeah, I don't like it either. A "run" is a complete pass through a level from start to finish. I would rather call them "passes." It just about annoying as someone "eating" a material.

what do you prefer?

I used a material
I pwned a material
I consumed a material
I absorbed a material
I injested a material
I shot up on a material
I smoked up a material
I popped a material
I merged with a material
I swallowed a material
I drank a material
I rubbed a material on my <insert body part here>
I employed a material
I utilized a material
I exercised a material
I made use of a material
I brought into play a material
I applied a material
I exploited a material
I worked a material
I operated a material
I gobbled up the material
I wolfed down the material
I munched on a material
I chomped on a material
I devoured a material
I gorged on a material
I swallowed a material
I dined on a material
I downed a material
I sipped a material
I gulped a material
I took a swig of a material
I knocked back a material
I lapped up a material
I finished off a material
I fused with a material
I combined with a material
I ....

what's your fancy?

RagMasterRappy
Apr 20, 2003, 11:49 PM
I think that materials fuse with the user, the user doesn't consume them.

And since you must select "use" from the menu to use one, the verb using would be more appropriate.
Ex: I used a Luck Material.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-04-20 21:51 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Apr 21, 2003, 12:38 AM
ahem... I just ate about 40 power material in the last two days... and I also did a forest to falz run online with a few friends... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I think that your character would eat the material.

Remember the quest where the FOmarl is going to be married, but she's ashamed of herself cuz she's overweight? It's the same concept. Almost like Pop-eye and his spinach. You eat your mats, fluids, mates... just like you feed your mag.

BOOYA! Score 1 for the weasel!

Nerd
Apr 21, 2003, 01:15 AM
I like Vanango's idea

"Yeah dude we totally smoked out on those mats"

and u know u get the munchies after that.... (hence the bride quest..)

roll a matty?

PLAINTAIN REEFER +99

ok i killed it..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nerd on 2003-04-20 23:17 ]</font>

Vanango
Apr 24, 2003, 05:16 AM
On 2003-04-20 23:15, Nerd wrote:
I like Vanango's idea

"Yeah dude we totally smoked out on those mats"

and u know u get the munchies after that.... (hence the bride quest..)

roll a matty?

PLAINTAIN REEFER +99

ok i killed it..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nerd on 2003-04-20 23:17 ]</font>

Oh my...

IceBlink
Apr 24, 2003, 05:39 AM
On 2003-04-20 18:35, XtremeSurfer683 wrote:
Ok, when you guys say "I just do 10 "Runs" in the forest and found nothing" What do you mean by runs? Doin' Levels consecutively or what? Do you do the forest then a mission then the forest and so on? Or what, I know this is a lame question but, But I just wanna know if i'm doin' these "runs" wrong cause I ain't findin' jack.

'Runs' are usually connected more with levelling than with finding stuff, though the term can be used for that.

Basically, a 'run' is to complete a level gaining maximum exp in the shortest time, so you can go for another 'run' quickly.

A example is Heat Sword runs. Start the quest, go through the stages to forest 2, and then pick the shortest route to the boss. Simple concept, you 'run' through the stages quick. o_O Generally, on a run, you don't go out of your way to open boxes and such. If it's in your way, sure, open it, but don't go running two rooms away just to open two lousy boxes. o_O

rena-ko
Apr 24, 2003, 06:17 AM
well... for me...
-forest runs are shop, forest, shop, save quit and restart
-cake quest runs (addiction food) - shop, load, shop, just dont get the cake, shop, cancel the quest, shop and restart.
-temple egg rappy solo runs are - create game, shop, temple (according to snapples solo guide), shop, out and recreate.

(shop for grinders and to restock mag-food etc)

i'd define a run: kill every enemy (every moth from a mothmant for example), check every room and break every box.

and just for the word... i think run defines the action pretty good or how would you call a walk through the forest with a chara that can kill any enemy in a full twin-combo and has to resta hardly once per area?
its not the same as trying to beat ruins (or seabed), because that would be actually hard (yet).

edit:
ah and i'd vote for 'i fused with a material'...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-04-24 04:20 ]</font>

ShadowChao
Apr 24, 2003, 06:25 AM
I agree, rena-ko. Break every box, kill every enemy. I do that in Forest (for now) and plan on repeating it for some rare monster sightings later.

Raziel_Kai
Apr 24, 2003, 08:44 AM
I agree with rena-ko...
Although lately my runs become full marathons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
I do all Vhard EP1 just to see what rares pop out (and how much exp and meseta I get away with it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )
Still, I have the worst luck... For instance, I did a complete 8hour marathon and all I got was a Guilty Light... and two mind materials (can't eat them, can't smoke 'em, can't use them, 'cause I'm a HUcast, what else? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif )
So I think a run is basically going thru a level or quest, as fast as you can, killing everything, opening boxes and getting all items (and hopefully, landing some sweet rares in the process).