PDA

View Full Version : Error 249...

ArdentViper
Dec 1, 2014, 01:10 AM
So pso2 tweaker/ pso2 was working fine until I went on a vacation to another state and had to use a VPN to play pso2 since their ISP doesn't allow pso2 to work.

Now that I am back in NY, I just decided to patch my pso2 (translations are working) but now, all I see are greyed out ships [unknown], error 249, and strangely, my pso2 tweaker (now updated to ver 3.0.0.1) doesn't tell me if pso2 servers are offline or online anymore. (I know it's not a gameguard issue, but I did try troubleshooting it and deleting the folder to redownload).

I know I can use pingzapper or a VPN to log in, but I don't want to have to resort to that.

My ISP is Verizon Fios if that matters, but they have been working so far until now. There's an EQ happening soon and I'm not sure if I'm the only one missing out due to my own problems or there is truly a DDos attack again that causes the error 249's and grey ships/servers.

Please and thank you for assisting me.

Anduril
Dec 1, 2014, 01:25 AM
Yeah, it seems that Verizon can no longer connect as of a couple of weeks ago. Strangely, around the same time some previously blocked ISPs could connect again.

ArdentViper
Dec 1, 2014, 01:33 AM
Yeah, it seems that Verizon can no longer connect as of a couple of weeks ago. Strangely, around the same time some previously blocked ISPs could connect again.

Yea, my friend made a timely reply that Verizon can't connect and Comcast users can (which he is). Strange as my other friends who use verizon haven't had issues with pso2 lately.. (or maybe they didn't tell me).

Anyways, thanks. I'm going to check out cyberkitsune proxy for once...

Edit: Thank you for responding! Turns out verizon really can't connect without a proxy, but it seems to work fine with CK.

Once again thank you.