PDA

View Full Version : Runnin for rares!

ShieldDragon
Apr 20, 2003, 11:46 PM
Hey! Let me in on the secrets to hunting for rares online. I'm all about being nice but... I see everyone running for the red box as soon as it hits the ground. So I guess the person who sees it and gets to it first gets the rare?

I can see many fights resulting from rare drops...

Madgeiser
Apr 21, 2003, 12:13 AM
That's the general idea.

Personally i would say "Whoever kills the enemy that drop the rare deserve the rare" ... but i guess no one actually cares... cause whenever they see a red box they lose all thier sense of reasoning and becomes a mad dash for it.

On a side note, those that uses 56K to play with broadband counterparts. They are screw even more, cause usually the drop would materialise slower compared to a broadband adapter player. So by the time you see the rare or mats, it is long since snapped up by your fellow team member. Better do rare hunting alone i think. Happen to me all the time...

polishedweasel
Apr 21, 2003, 12:32 AM
yes, it's best if you hunt for rares alone. The other day I got a Chain Sawd %35 hit snatched from under me. Later on that day I was making a ruins run and a beautiful pair a Red Mechs would have been mine but... well, you can figure out the rest. I hate people sometimes.

2Xtreme
Apr 21, 2003, 12:45 AM
My general rule of thumb is as follows:

If a Hunter rare drops, the Hunter gets it.
If a Force rare drops, the Force gets it.
If a Ranger rare drops, the Ranger gets it.

If there are more than one person playing a certain class, then the rare should go to the person that needs it most. For example, if you find a Flowen's Sword and there are two hunters, one of which is using a Gigush, and one of which uses a Brionac, then the Flowen's Sword goes to the person with the Gigish.

This is how I'm sure a lot of people wish PSO was played, but alas, people are greedy so it's usually a race for the red box. I refuse to partake in it. I let people run. They're making themselves look like fools, not me.

Sinix
Apr 21, 2003, 01:22 AM
I pretty much am fine with whoever gets it gets it, the people I play with are always working as a team, so thats fair enough. The only good rule of thumb is, if you already have one of them, let someone else have it.