PDA

View Full Version : How exactly does the CCA trick work?

polishedweasel
Apr 21, 2003, 12:10 AM
I'd really like to know. I think that I have an idea, but when I tried my idea online it didn't work out too well. So basically you just make a game. Then you go to CCA and go through the gate, beat all the enemies, and fight the gryphon? But when I did it, the gate wasn't open. I don't know, I just beat the gryphon offline ult. So maybe if I try again, I'll get in. lemme see. I'll repost in a second. Feel free to give me answers to my perplexing problem. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Goza
Apr 21, 2003, 07:24 AM
I can't figure out what you're asking, but I think what you said you want to know is how to get to the Central Control Area? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to unlock it via the beach, mountains, and jungle each time, right?

RagMasterRappy
Apr 21, 2003, 07:41 AM
This is how it works. Press 1 to 3 switches offline (depending on how much work you want to do when you get online), then save and quit. Do not beat the boss. Hard reset the GameCube (hard reset = use the power button) then go online. The switches that you have pressed should remain active. If you happen to disconnect, then you need to do another hard reset if you want the switches to be active when you go online again. If you start an offline game at any point you need to press the switches again, because they reset if you do.

polishedweasel
Apr 21, 2003, 04:01 PM
So what happens if I already beat the Gal Gryphon? Can I just beat through the CCA hallway then quit? And I have to turn off the Gamecube for this to work? Also, when you get done with the Gryphon, can you just go through the hallway and go straight to the boss again? If so... WOW, that's alot of quick exp!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 21, 2003, 04:26 PM
I just go through CCA offline and kill the boss. Online will still have CCA open.
Going offline in any episode and difficulty will reset CCA.

RagMasterRappy
Apr 21, 2003, 04:27 PM
On 2003-04-21 14:01, polishedweasel wrote:
So what happens if I already beat the Gal Gryphon? Can I just beat through the CCA hallway then quit?

Yes

And I have to turn off the Gamecube for this to work?

Yes

Also, when you get done with the Gryphon, can you just go through the hallway and go straight to the boss again? If so... WOW, that's alot of quick exp!

Only online

polishedweasel
Apr 21, 2003, 06:46 PM
Ok. I think that I've finally gotten this figured out. Thanks guys.