PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Recurring errors - edition.txt goes missing, among other files.

smokingsword
Dec 2, 2014, 12:41 AM
Lately I've been having trouble starting the game up smoothly - it started with what seemed like a Gameguard problem, but the 'Fix Gameguard Errors' option in the Tweaker didn't actually do anything to solve the errors.

I tried the other options under Troubleshooting, and found what seemed like symptoms of a larger problem.

Checking for deleted/empty files tells me that 'edition.txt' is missing, and asks if I want to redownload it. This happens even if I run the check more than once, implying that this 'edition.txt' somehow either doesn't get downloaded, or is somehow deleted almost instantly.

Checking for old/missing files sort of fixes the problem - it ends up restoring backups from before the most recent English patches, to a degree. It certainly makes the game run again... but then reinstalling the English Story patches turns up this error:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/1gtc01.jpg

Eventually, the patch finishes, and the game is finally playable. The final problem is... every time I boot up my computer, the situation repeats itself entirely.

Any help would be appreciated.