PDA

View Full Version : Error 230 over vpn

SigmaStrain
Dec 5, 2014, 11:49 AM
Good morning all,

I've decided to start playing this game and have run into issues. I set up the amazon aws vpn service and can Ssh using putty into it with no issues. However, when I attempt to tunnel my connection through my SSH instance using proxy cap and log in I'm met with a peculiar sight.

All of the ships are listed as "unknown" and when I attempt to connect I receive an error 230 message. I've done some reading on the forums and apparently this means that my client cannot reach the game servers for whatever reason. To try to figure out the issue I ran a traceroute in putty on my instance. I was able to reach the servers just fine.

So I guess I'm stumped. I'm currently at work, but I can post pictures of my settings and traceroute findings later if anyone thinks it might help. Could my proxycap settings be the issue?

To go over some other fixes I've tried, I also tried setting up a vpn connection in windows and routing all traffic (after failed attempts at split tunneling) through it. Still the same issues/errors. The weird part is that I could access pso2.jp just fine but couldn't connect to the game. Any idea what could cause that?

SigmaStrain
Dec 6, 2014, 12:07 PM
Anybody have any ideas? I've seen tons of posts on other forums concerning this issue and no fixes are ever posted. Does the community not know the solution as a whole?

Update to the situation:
I'm not sure that the program is even routing traffic through proxycap. In the connections stab, nothing shows up when I try to log in and even running wireshark and checking packets sent from my machine shows that no packets to any ship servers are being sent. (No ship server IP address in destination column) anybody have a similar problem?